• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#771 khunt29

khunt29
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Another question Kristen **sorry!**

What was Pilar response about the difference between the religious vs non-religious ceremony?

ha, no problem!  check out these attachments she sent me- one for religious, one for non.  Looks like the main difference is an addit'l reading and a verse about marriage at the beginning? 

Attached Files

#772 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
    • 683 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
    • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Ladies I am just full of questions this afternoon!

1) is anyone bringing their entire ceremony script? I have one i'd like to use but I'm just not sure if they'll get it right, lol

2) The $500 deposit we put down goes toward our package, correct?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#773 srikhy

srikhy
    • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I love the lighting in the bamboo room-- was that from the DJ package or was that something you arranged with Pilar? My reception is booked for the Bamboo room and I was hoping it would have lighting options.... mostly, I don't want it too bright!

#774 srikhy

srikhy
      • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

1) is anyone bringing their entire ceremony script? I have one i'd like to use but I'm just not sure if they'll get it right, lol

1. I'm wondering about that too... let me know!

2. Yes!

#775 khunt29

khunt29
        • 351 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi Shannon- yes, on our invoice, she totals everything, then subtracted the $500.00 from that :)

And I also plan on bringing a script - or at least, specifying which readings I want and the basic timeline of the order of ceremony!

#776 khunt29

khunt29
          • 351 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by srikhy 

I love the lighting in the bamboo room-- was that from the DJ package or was that something you arranged with Pilar? My reception is booked for the Bamboo room and I was hoping it would have lighting options.... mostly, I don't want it too bright!

Good question, hopefully a former bride can let us know!
            When is your wedding date, srikhy?

#777 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ohhh, lighting would be so pretty! I was at a wedding last weekend and it was such a nice touch! I wonder if I can do lighting in Castaways. I agree with not wanting it bright! 

1. I'm wondering about that too... let me know!

2. Yes!

Thanks!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#778 srikhy

srikhy
            • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by vlivins 

Hi ladies! Just wondering if you are finding the prices for now jade are continuing to get higher? When we got engaged in Nov 2011, I began looking at DW resorts in the Mayan and March 2012 was going for 1400-1600pp. Now that we are looking for end of March 2013 we are seeing prices at $1850+ per person and I'm absolutely heartbroken that this resort is out of our budget for our guests. Even our group rates are coming in at 1900+. Unfortunately changing dates isn't an option as we already sent out our STDs thinking this resort would be in our budget. Any advice on whether someone has gotten a really great price or can tell me other resorts around $1600 per person? Thanks so much, we are really in a pinch!

Originally Posted by Vika 

our travel agent said that the deals should come out toward end of november/december for march...right now the prices are still high but he said it should go down a great deal...i was also freaking out when I saw the prices...

I heard the same thing from my travel agent... but ultimately, what I've been finding is that the group rates for Now Jade are more expensive and less convenient than people booking on their own. The quotes I received were only valid for 30 days and the early booking bonus didn't make up for the higher price... it was literally $600 more per person than what I could find online.

#779 srikhy

srikhy
              • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Good question, hopefully a former bride can let us know!
                When is your wedding date, srikhy?

Yes, I'm hoping! The lighting makes all the difference!

We're booked for May 30 2013 so still a lot of time to plan... and fret!

#780 Vika

Vika
                • Site Supporter
                • 143 posts
                • Wedding Date:March 10, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Are you talking about the special color lighting? like pink?

If yes, then they put like 8 cans which cost $350 together and it gives a special lighting effect. You just have to tell Pilar/Deisy. We are doing pink :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users