Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#3001 LandonO

LandonO
  • Newbie
  • 40 posts

    Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

    Thanks girls!!!!

    #3002 EJay2013

    EJay2013
    • Site Supporter
    • 53 posts

      Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

      Originally Posted by LandonO 

      Hello all, I am feeling SO torn right now. A beach wedding has always been my dream!! My fiancĀ© definitely wants a Mexico destination wedding as well. The problem is, it's a lot to ask of people who don't know and love Mexico to spend their hard earned money to travel out of the country for our wedding- my 5 sisters and their families included.
      Anyone have some good advice on how to make everyone happy without spending a fortune! I feel like I'm torn between doing what me and my FI want...or having my family there.

      I had this same issue. I wanted people to come to my wedding and spent 2 years trying to make my family and friends happy. At the end of day its your happiness and finances that are impacted( if you families are not assisting financially). When I was tired of asking for opinions and worrying about my family, I  put down my deposit for NJ. I did not have and/or want to pay for a wedding of 200+ people. Once you send out the invitation, your family and friends will decide if they are attending or not. Your wedding is an opportunity for people to see to your wedding, but to use it as a vacation. I hope this helps, it surely helped me and I am 11 days from having the wedding of my dreams w/25 guests attending. 



      #3003 EJay2013

      EJay2013
      • Site Supporter
      • 53 posts

        Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

        Originally Posted by EJay2013 

        I had this same issue. I wanted people to come to my wedding and spent 2 years trying to make my family and friends happy. At the end of day its your happiness and finances that are impacted( if you families are not assisting financially). When I was tired of asking for opinions and worrying about my family, I  put down my deposit for NJ. I did not have and/or want to pay for a wedding of 200+ people. Once you send out the invitation, your family and friends will decide if they are attending or not. Your wedding is an opportunity for people to see to your wedding, but to use it as a vacation. I hope this helps, it surely helped me and I am 11 days from having the wedding of my dreams w/25 guests attending. 

         I also forgot to mention. My fiancee and I had a sendoff party prior to leaving for the wedding to appease those who are not attending the wedding in Cancun. It was a blast!! 



        #3004 EJay2013

        EJay2013
        • Site Supporter
        • 53 posts

          Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

          Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

          We provided our own ceremony script so the ceremony program timeline was easy.

           

          For the brochure, I just kind of winged it. I knew I wanted our Welcome Cocktails the night before at 8pm so I just put it in there and everyone met there at 8pm. For the wedding day, I told everyone to arrive at the Pergola at 4:45 but everyone actually meets in the lobby, which I did not know. But everyone figured it out and it all worked out perfectly :)

           

          Here's the ceremony program:

           

          And the brochure we mailed about 25 days before the wedding:

           

           

          Shannon can you post your templates, if possible?!!! I really like them.



          #3005 Brandi Kohler

          Brandi Kohler
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

            Originally Posted by LandonO 

            Hello all, I am feeling SO torn right now. A beach wedding has always been my dream!! My fiancĀ© definitely wants a Mexico destination wedding as well. The problem is, it's a lot to ask of people who don't know and love Mexico to spend their hard earned money to travel out of the country for our wedding- my 5 sisters and their families included.
            Anyone have some good advice on how to make everyone happy without spending a fortune! I feel like I'm torn between doing what me and my FI want...or having my family there.

            It is a tough decision and we went back and forth.  After a lot of talking with families, they all had something envisioned for us and if we picked 1 sides, the other sides got annoyed, so we pretty much said screw it to everyone and picked mexico!  People are always going to have something to say.  We let people know 1 year in advance.  That is more than enough time.  We  went with apple vacations which I feel gave us the very best rate we could get.  We opted not to spend $30,000 for 5 hours of our time and spend $3000 for a week with our closest friends and family.  And for those that can't make it,, we are having a reception with a small vow ceremony when we get back.  You are never going to make everyone happy, all that matters is that you and FI are.  It has been great to plan and much more fun than planning a wedding home.  We have about 40 people coming and everyone is very excited!  Even my future MIL who was insisting she wasn't going, and she can't wait.  



            #3006 JeninKS

            JeninKS
            • Newbie
            • 20 posts

              Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

              Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

              I know I'm minority here. Almost everyone on these boards says to transfer resorts after the wedding for the honeymoon. We thought hard about it. In the end we decided not to transfer resorts. We had 60 of our friends and family traveling for our wedding. I couldn't imagine going to a different resort after the wedding. I think it would be crazy to be at a resort in Cancun just a few miles away from where 60 family members and friends are partying. All of them live across the US so it's VERY rare that we are all in the same place. It was such an amazing time hanging out with everyone. My husband and I will have to rest of our lives to vacation by ourselves. I am so happy we decided to stay at the resort and party with everyone.

               

              This is only my opinion and I'm sure others disagree :)

              I agree Shannon! I plan on doing the same exact thing! :)



              #3007 JeninKS

              JeninKS
              • Newbie
              • 20 posts

                Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

                Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

                We provided our own ceremony script so the ceremony program timeline was easy.

                 

                For the brochure, I just kind of winged it. I knew I wanted our Welcome Cocktails the night before at 8pm so I just put it in there and everyone met there at 8pm. For the wedding day, I told everyone to arrive at the Pergola at 4:45 but everyone actually meets in the lobby, which I did not know. But everyone figured it out and it all worked out perfectly :)

                 

                Here's the ceremony program:

                 

                And the brochure we mailed about 25 days before the wedding:

                 

                 

                I love this!!  Question: for the wedding programs, did Pilar let you know how the order of the wedding ceremony would go (prelude, processional, opening words, etc...) or is this something you determined and then told the WC?  I'd like to make something like this before the wedding! 



                #3008 brownsugarbride

                brownsugarbride
                • Member
                • 599 posts

                  Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

                  Originally Posted by EJay2013 

                   I also forgot to mention. My fiancee and I had a sendoff party prior to leaving for the wedding to appease those who are not attending the wedding in Cancun. It was a blast!! 

                   

                   

                  For some reason, that sounds cheaper than an AHR!  I like this idea!



                  #3009 shannonmarie

                  shannonmarie
                  • Member
                  • 683 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

                  Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

                  Originally Posted by EJay2013 

                  Shannon can you post your templates, if possible?!!! I really like them.

                  I don't really have templates or I would be happy to! I just made the programs in word, printed them on white card stock and glued them on the hot pink card stock. Used a Martha Stewart punch for the starfish at the top.

                   

                  The template for the brochure is from Vistaprint! There are lots of different designs to choose from!


                  62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


                  #3010 shannonmarie

                  shannonmarie
                  • Member
                  • 683 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

                  Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

                  Originally Posted by JeninKS 

                  I love this!!  Question: for the wedding programs, did Pilar let you know how the order of the wedding ceremony would go (prelude, processional, opening words, etc...) or is this something you determined and then told the WC?  I'd like to make something like this before the wedding! 

                  We provided our own ceremony script so we made the ceremony programs based off the script we provided.


                  62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!





                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users