Jump to content
TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Recommended Posts

Usually the receptions are 3 hours in length unless you pay for additional time. If oy just trade your live music it is worth 2 hours DJ time. For us we have extended the reception so we will pay for a bit of time also. If you keep at 3 hours you could use ipod for dinner music and have the DJ do the remaining 2 hours? 
Thanks for the info Chantal! I think we are extending ours an hour as well depending on how many guest we end up having. 3 hours with dinner included isn't nearly long enough! Your wedding is around the corner!!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

 

I heard somewhere (I can't remember where I read it, possibly on the 1st page of this thread..) but I read somewhere that they will provide it for $60 or so.

I'm debating on whether to do a sand ceremony or not. I think it's a nice touch in place of the unity candle, but I don't wanna deal with dragging the vase there and back home with the sand in it.. Is everyone doing one? Anyone skipping it?

I'm skipping the sand ceremony.  We really aren't that into it and, like you, I don't want to drag the vase to and from Mexico.  We will have plenty of pictures and I'm using real touch flowers, so that's another keepsake for me from the wedding.  We're doing a speedy ceremony.. well, as speedy as it can be with all the signing you have to do during it. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

 

I heard somewhere (I can't remember where I read it, possibly on the 1st page of this thread..) but I read somewhere that they will provide it for $60 or so.

I'm debating on whether to do a sand ceremony or not. I think it's a nice touch in place of the unity candle, but I don't wanna deal with dragging the vase there and back home with the sand in it.. Is everyone doing one? Anyone skipping it?

I found a seller on Etsy that made a sand ceremony picture frame which I ended up ordering. I think the idea is a little more fun and unique than the whole jar of sand idea. That being said it will probably be heavier. Good thing we have lots of family and friends bringing extra luggage! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

 

 

Thanks for the info Chantal! I think we are extending ours an hour as well depending on how many guest we end up having. 3 hours with dinner included isn't nearly long enough!

Your wedding is around the corner!!cheesy.gif

I know the reception feels far too short! My FI and I extended 2 hours (for a pretty penny I may add) which I think is a really good investment bc I have 86 guests and I dont really want to show up to the "disco" in my wedding dress since I have to wear it for an AHR it will probably be a disaster if I do that LOL.

 

My wedding is coming up so quick! I can wait..lots of little things still to do. Pilar is much faster in her response now though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by chrisdior View Post

 

Great threat!! I haven't chosen the resort yet but its def one of my favorite. Looking at May 2013!!! Look forward to any other helpful information you can provide! Has any seen pictures of the reception on the beach?

Hey!! Are you really booked for May 3, 2013? We're getting married that day too! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Vika View Post

 

is everyone using the resort makeup artist and hairstylist? 

any previous brides have feedback on their work?

I used the resorts and she was okay. I did do a trial the day before so she knew what I wanted. I am VERY picky about my hair and makeup so I fixed it a little when I got back to my room but considering that I didn't have to pay for the either the trial and the day of I have no complaints! I brought a lot of my own makeup because I wasn't sure what they would have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

 

I used the resorts and she was okay. I did do a trial the day before so she knew what I wanted. I am VERY picky about my hair and makeup so I fixed it a little when I got back to my room but considering that I didn't have to pay for the either the trial and the day of I have no complaints! I brought a lot of my own makeup because I wasn't sure what they would have.

How did you get the free hair trial? I asked if I could possibly swap our free airport transfer for a hair trial and she said no :(

Anyone know what I could use in place of the airport transfer? Pilar said I could give it to another family member, but everyone has the transfer included in the price of their trip.

 

I'm picky about my hair and make up as well! I really need to do a hair trial so it may be worth it to just pay for it. Anyone know how much it is for the hair trial? As for my make up, I'm thinking I'll do my own foundation and stuff, but just have them do my eye make up since I'm terrible at that part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kitkat863 View Post

 

I used the resorts and she was okay. I did do a trial the day before so she knew what I wanted. I am VERY picky about my hair and makeup so I fixed it a little when I got back to my room but considering that I didn't have to pay for the either the trial and the day of I have no complaints! I brought a lot of my own makeup because I wasn't sure what they would have.

thanks!! I am very picky also-mostly about my makeup so I am just worried about how they do it. I want that blended eyeshadow look. Do you know what kind of makeup they use?

did you end up fixing the hair or the makeup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×