Originally Posted by Katie83
Hey ladies, I was wondering how many days fellow brides are going to the resort prior to their wedding day. We are hoping to book our trip this week so feedback would be much appreciated:)
Hey Katie- My wedding is on July 5th and I am flying down the morning of the third. We arranged it this way for several reasons- don't laugh at me but here they are:
1) I did not want to bake in the sun too many days before my wedding and be a sunburned bride.
2) My body reacts to travel so I didn't want to be sick before or on the wedding.
3) We figured the planning call would arrange most of the info and we would only need to meet coordinators a day or two before the wedding.
4) I'd rather be a worried nutcase bride to be for a small window of time and then enjoy the rest of my days at the resort with my friends and family. I know before my wedding I am going to be a basket case. Why prolong the agony?
5) I want to peacefully enjoy amenities like unlimited drinks and food- and I'm afraid to do it before and be bloated in my dress.
Most of my reasons as you can see, are somewhat shallow haha but hey- they are valid issues of concern for me. I want to live the moment and if we are there too many days before, after the wedding we just go home. I would prefer to front load the wedding and celebrate all week long! LOL