Photo

Sheraton Rant

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 fogdog

fogdog
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

We are having our reception at the d'Cortez restaurant at the Sheraton. They said that we could choose from the d'Cortez menu or the regular banquet menu. We thought the food on the d'Cortez menu was much more interesting and reasonably priced so made choices from that. Well, they are now saying those are not the prices - they have to charge more because the restaurant will be closed for our group. Which is why they are requiring a minimum spend (a quite large one too by the way) of our group! Now we have to go re-visit the entire menu and drink choices...argh! So annoying!
    Bridget and Brian
    Los Cabos 11/17/07

#2 Golden

Golden
    • 354 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

Did they quote you a price something in written regarding the price?
      If so they should honor what they told you

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

How many guests are you going to have? I would totally fight it.. What difference does it make if you fill the resturant for an "x" amount of time versus them taking the chance on not filling every seat. what day are you having your wedding? Seriously PUT UP A FIGHT..

#4 fogdog

fogdog
        • 170 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

They sent their menu, with prices, to my WC and we made selections from that menu. So yes, I consider that in writing.
          We will have about 80 people. In order to have the restaurant private, we need to spend at certain amount.
          It bothers me that the reason they give for raising the prices is that the restaurant is closed. We're already guaranteeing their revenue so that should be a non-issue, right?
          Bridget and Brian
          Los Cabos 11/17/07

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

That is totally annoying... I would fight that for sure. Grrr!

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by fogdog
              They sent their menu, with prices, to my WC and we made selections from that menu. So yes, I consider that in writing.
              We will have about 80 people. In order to have the restaurant private, we need to spend at certain amount.
              It bothers me that the reason they give for raising the prices is that the restaurant is closed. We're already guaranteeing their revenue so that should be a non-issue, right?
              I agree with you, it sounds to me like they are trying to double-dip.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 fogdog

fogdog
              • 170 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:41 PM

Thank you! That's exactly how I feel about it!
                Bridget and Brian
                Los Cabos 11/17/07

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

hmm, how many people does the DeCortez hold? So I can see both sides if you want them to close their doors for your wedding party for a certain amount of time.. Say several hours for dinner, dancing and such.. then I guess I could see why they would want to charge some sort of fee. (because they would loose out on other people wanting to dine there) But with that said I feel that you should be able to work out a deal where maybe you will be charged extra but not a crazy amount. Once a resort knows it's your wedding everything is charged extra, so just keep going back and work out a number that both of you can agree on.

#9 CaboDate

CaboDate
                  • 129 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

I agree.. fight it.. They don't seem too forthcoming in the beginning.
                    Amy & Todd
                    Cabo San Lucas
                    October 20th, 2007

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                    • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

I think you should fight it. That's annoying that they told you one thing and now they are changing their tune. If they want to charge extra money fine, but they should have told you about that from the onset. See if your WC can fight this for you. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users