Need a credit card for Free air miles... any recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 himalayan135

• 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

I need one that I can earn the most air miles in less then a year...  Any help is appreciated.

#2 marooon13

• 250 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I have the Capital One Venture Card. I believe there is a fee after the first year. But you get 2 miles per dollar you spend on everything. We are planning on putting everything wedding related on it and racking up some miles! I got it about a year ago- I know it was the best one then (did tons of research) but I think a few others have come out since then. I think American Express has a good one too...

#3 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Not sure where you are from but if you are from canada BMO offers air miles credit cards.  You can also get them through american express.

#4 Mufin1785

• 438 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I signed up for and American Airlines Card and they gave me 30,000 miles just for signing up.  Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent plus certain retailers and restaurant give you anywhere from 2 -15 per dollar spent.  Taget.com gives you 2 miles and I purchased my Bridesmaid dresses from ther!!  No blackout dates.  You also get priority boarding for being a card holder. 

#5 TauruSmith

• 198 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have a US Airways card that gave me bonus points for signing up and you can shop through the US Airways storefront to earn points with any online purchases. I also have a Marriott Rewards card and was able to transfer points from that to my US Airways account.

#6 AnaSteele58

• 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Good to know. If you have enough miles can you book a flight for someone else too or is it limitedonly to the card holder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users