Photo

J and G's After the Fact Jamaican Planning Thread (Long and Lots of Pics!)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Avens

Avens
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Congrats! You and your wedding looked gorgeous :D

#12 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
    • 423 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you Sharon,

The Bubba Kegs were from Canadian Tore (on sale of course) and I brought them to 'Thing Engraved' and they did them for about $50, but you pay by the letter and we had alot on them!

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Wow, looks like you had a beautiful wedding. Everything looks great. I think you made the right choice with your dress, loved it! The catamaran cruise looked like so much fun! Congrats! Where did you get your bubba kegs? 

Thanks Sunshine!

We did have a blast! We didn't get a group rate for the cooling runnings (didn't know you could do that). We had originally planned just to take the bus over (some of our guests did) but we were convinced by others to take the catamaran and it was great!

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

Absolutely amazing! I have to say one of the best planning threads I have seen (and trust me I stalk these babies). Not only was it a fun read, your husband seems like a riot (very similar to my dear FI), but everything seem like it turned out great, dispite the hiccups along the road! I could feel the love through the thread and it seems liked you guys had a blast!

I am happy you did the cool running excursion, we did that last time when we were in jamaica and wanted to share it with our guests. Did they give you a group rate? Did your guest pay separate or did you cover it all?

Congrats on being a MRS!! Don't stress too much about the AHR!

#13 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

what a beautiful wedding!!! 

sorry to hear you had some challenges with the resort. love your attitude though.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#14 Palacebridex2

Palacebridex2
      • 281 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

Everything looked great, love the colors! Who made your dress & your bridesmaid dresses?

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

MY Dress

Finding MY dress was a huge dilemma. I had gone shopping with my Mom and Mother in Law early in the planning stages. I thought that I wanted something simple (which was what we were planning for the wedding). I chose a straight, plain dress for a great price. But as our planning went on and I continued to see more dresses, I knew the first was not the one for me. I am so glad I went back out to try on more dresses because I did find THE ONE! With a few alterations I was really feeling like the bride I wanted to be! If you are not sure about your dress, go try more on!

25.jpg

408259_10150580673358428_500473427_10983437_1397905954_n.jpg

My jewellery was very inexpensive. Earrings were from Aldos  and the bracelet from The Bay.

50.jpg

69.jpg

The hair flowers were real and the hair dresser put them in last minute, I wasn’t really planning on wearing anything in my hair but I’m glad I did.

I also had a red belt made to wear with the dress but decided against it on the day of. I kinda wish I wore it, but oh well.

399605_10150580677458428_500473427_10983458_1883324465_n.jpg

I do not like wearing heals and in the summer I always wear flip flops so I chose to be comfortable on my wedding day. I did however bling out my flip flops with a bedazzler! I did the same to the Flower girls shoes.

30.jpg

09122011349.jpg

The Rings

His ring is titanium with laser Calladah because I am Scottish and Irish, and it’s also inexpensive, and he will lose it (again, his words).

31.jpg

My jeweler made my ring using the gold from the first necklace DH gave me. I’m going to get an eternity band to match for 1st anniversary, fingers crossed!

12172011523_1.jpg

Photography

This was a really tough decision for me (Here’s the 110.jpg

Photographer's Blog

36.jpg

You can kind of tell in this photo that DH has his back to everyone. I had told him that I didn`t want him to turn around until I was at the end of the isle. He took that to mean he wasn`t to turn around until I was right beside him!

46.jpg

#15 Sharonte

Sharonte
        • 26 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Depsite of some of the challenges you ran into it looks like you all had a great time and regardless of what happened you are married now. I think with any wedding you can expect something to go wrong or not as planned.  Everything looked great! Congrats!

#16 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
          • 423 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

Thank you Allie,

The Bridesmaids dresses were from Victoria's Secret

what a beautiful wedding!!! 

sorry to hear you had some challenges with the resort. love your attitude though.

I just ordered our Thank you "cards" from Vistaprint. Love them! I will probably order metallic envelopes from papercircle.ca to send them.

I wanted to stay in the travel theme for the ones that we are sending to those in attendance so they are 'postcards' :).

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

These ones are for those that could not come but sent cards/gifts.

They are blank on the backside so we can write whatever we want.

lp.jpg

#17 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

oh I'm sooooo "borrowing" these ideas for our thank you notes!!!! thank you for sharing! 

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

Thank you Allie,

The Bridesmaids dresses were from Victoria's Secret lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

These ones are for those that could not come but sent cards/gifts.

They are blank on the backside so we can write whatever we want.

lp.jpg

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#18 capecodder

capecodder
            • 234 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

Love all the details you provided to us fellow brides!  Congrats!

I am too going to steal your thank you card idea.  Thanks for sharing!!

#19 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Great thread!! Thanks for sharing with us!

#20 mrlddst

mrlddst
              • 222 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Absolutely gorgeous!! I hope my wedding turns out to be as stunning as yours! Thanks for doing this planning thread.

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users