Jump to content

Photo

Vintage Destination Wedding Inspiration (With Pictures!)


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 JenniferM

JenniferM
  • Jr. Member
  • 156 posts

    Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

    Wow this all looks awesome!
     



    #62 sarahblissey

    sarahblissey
    • Banned
    • 8 posts

      Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

      Hi, I was able to find a beautiful website that has "vintage" wedding ideas. Try checking it out, it might help. http://weddinspire.com/wishes/16399



      #63 Xarocas

      Xarocas
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

        Thats looks like a fairy tale, love it so much!!

        #64 tricia-m

        tricia-m
        • Jr. Member
        • 172 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

        Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

        New to this thread but so happy to have stumbled upon it.  This is exactly my style/theme for my wedding and for the past posts, what beautiful pictures.  You brides have definitely created a beautiful wedding.  I hope there are still a few women posting on here.  My wedding is not till November 2014. 



        #65 MrsHK

        MrsHK
        • Vendor
        • 317 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
        • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

        Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by tricia-m 
         

        New to this thread but so happy to have stumbled upon it.  This is exactly my style/theme for my wedding and for the past posts, what beautiful pictures.  You brides have definitely created a beautiful wedding.  I hope there are still a few women posting on here.  My wedding is not till November 2014. 

         

        Thank you! It was so fun to collect different items in our travels and put everything together to really express our own style. If you want a little bit more rustic vintage inspiration, here are the blog posts for our day before the wedding photo shoot, and our wedding split into two separate posts. If you have any questions let me know!

         

        Our photographers (Luckygirl.ca) are from Winnipeg, Canada and are AMAZING! They will be here in Riviera Maya, Mexico for all of next March if anyone has a wedding around that time down here.

         

        Day Before Wedding Shoot: http://luckygirl.ca/...ikee-e-session/

        Wedding Part One: http://luckygirl.ca/...esta-parte-uno/

        Wedding Part Two: http://luckygirl.ca/...esta-parte-dos/


        Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

        And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
        Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
        Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

        Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
        Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

        #66 tricia-m

        tricia-m
        • Jr. Member
        • 172 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

        Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsHK 
         

         

        Thank you! It was so fun to collect different items in our travels and put everything together to really express our own style. If you want a little bit more rustic vintage inspiration, here are the blog posts for our day before the wedding photo shoot, and our wedding split into two separate posts. If you have any questions let me know!

         

        Our photographers (Luckygirl.ca) are from Winnipeg, Canada and are AMAZING! They will be here in Riviera Maya, Mexico for all of next March if anyone has a wedding around that time down here.

         

        Day Before Wedding Shoot: http://luckygirl.ca/...ikee-e-session/

        Wedding Part One: http://luckygirl.ca/...esta-parte-uno/

        Wedding Part Two: http://luckygirl.ca/...esta-parte-dos/

        OH MY GOODNESS! Your pictures are amazing!  You and your husband look so beautiful.  I am still in awe on how great your wedding was. Your pictures have portrayed exactly what I would want for our wedding. Your wedding is definitely an inspiration!

         

        Funny that your photographer is from Winnipeg, as I am as well!  SMALL WORLD!  They did an amazing job.  We have a photographer already but he has a very similar style/feel.  I am definitely going to show him your beautiful pictures as an example of how we want our wedding portrayed. 

         

        THANK YOU for responding.  I'm still shaking my head in amazement.  Your wedding was beautiful.  Best wishes to you and your husband. 



        #67 csho

        csho
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,007 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
        • LocationHalifax, NS

        Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

        MRSHK your photos are stunning! You looked sooo beautiful! I loved your  makeup for the wedding day! It looked so simple but sooo beautiful! I have similar hair and eye colouring and I am absolutely loving the colour you used  on your lips. Would you be able to tell me what you used for your lips?



        #68 MrsHK

        MrsHK
        • Vendor
        • 317 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
        • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

        Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by tricia-m 
         

        OH MY GOODNESS! Your pictures are amazing!  You and your husband look so beautiful.  I am still in awe on how great your wedding was. Your pictures have portrayed exactly what I would want for our wedding. Your wedding is definitely an inspiration!

         

        Funny that your photographer is from Winnipeg, as I am as well!  SMALL WORLD!  They did an amazing job.  We have a photographer already but he has a very similar style/feel.  I am definitely going to show him your beautiful pictures as an example of how we want our wedding portrayed. 

         

        THANK YOU for responding.  I'm still shaking my head in amazement.  Your wedding was beautiful.  Best wishes to you and your husband. 

         

        Wow, thank you so much! Your words are so kind, I don't even know what to say. I'm very happy that our wedding in inspirational for you! We put a lot of work into it, many sleepless nights writing (very long) emails to our wedding planners and endless crafting. It was definitely the happiest day of our lives and we're so happy we have such wonderful photos to look back on when we're old!

         

        Crazy that you're from Winnipeg! I actually found them on this site through a post from a fellow May 2013 bride from Winnipeg that was getting married in Jamaica. Funny how things work, isn't it. Our blog posts aren't working right now because our photographers are working on their website right now, but they should be back up soon.

         

        I wish you and your husband the happiest wedding day and a beautiful marriage. Be sure to come back here and post pic for us! :)


        Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

        And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
        Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
        Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

        Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
        Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

        #69 MrsHK

        MrsHK
        • Vendor
        • 317 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
        • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

        Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by csho 
         

        MRSHK your photos are stunning! You looked sooo beautiful! I loved your  makeup for the wedding day! It looked so simple but sooo beautiful! I have similar hair and eye colouring and I am absolutely loving the colour you used  on your lips. Would you be able to tell me what you used for your lips?

         

        Thank you so much! I actually did my makeup myself, after a hair and makeup trial down here in Playa Del Carmen didn't go so well for me. I just wasn't willing to pay $500+ for my hair and makeup from the top people down here, so I looked for more affordable options. The girl I found that was cheaper didn't do a terrible job, but it definitely didn't turn out good. 

         

        A friend of my husband's who is a hairdresser ended up gifting me my updo, and the makeup that I applied myself is mostly from MAC. The lip colour is "Plumful" and I used their "Soar" lip pencil. I coloured my lips in with the pencil fully first, and then put the lipstick on top. Doing that helped it stay on a bit more. The photos make it look a little more pink than it is in person, it's actually a bit more plum coloured. (Hence the name Plumful haha)

         

        Here's a photo for reference:

         

         

         

        I forgot to mention, I know it doesn't apply to you csho or tricia-m since you're both getting married elsewhere, but if anyone else that is getting married in the Mayan Rivera happens to read this thread... I've started a little decor rental business with the items from our wedding, plus some other rustic vintage decor I've managed to pick up along the way. I have lots of mason jars, lanterns, a couple of birdcages, lots of bottles and vases, all at a very fair price. No jacked up wedding prices!! If you want a Style Me Pretty or Ruffled type of wedding without a huge price tag, I'm your gal. Please PM me for more info!


        Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

        And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
        Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
        Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

        Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
        Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico

        #70 csho

        csho
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,007 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
        • LocationHalifax, NS

        Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsHK 
         

         

        Thank you so much! I actually did my makeup myself, after a hair and makeup trial down here in Playa Del Carmen didn't go so well for me. I just wasn't willing to pay $500+ for my hair and makeup from the top people down here, so I looked for more affordable options. The girl I found that was cheaper didn't do a terrible job, but it definitely didn't turn out good. 

         

        A friend of my husband's who is a hairdresser ended up gifting me my updo, and the makeup that I applied myself is mostly from MAC. The lip colour is "Plumful" and I used their "Soar" lip pencil. I coloured my lips in with the pencil fully first, and then put the lipstick on top. Doing that helped it stay on a bit more. The photos make it look a little more pink than it is in person, it's actually a bit more plum coloured. (Hence the name Plumful haha)

         

        Here's a photo for reference:

         

         

         

        I forgot to mention, I know it doesn't apply to you csho or tricia-m since you're both getting married elsewhere, but if anyone else that is getting married in the Mayan Rivera happens to read this thread... I've started a little decor rental business with the items from our wedding, plus some other rustic vintage decor I've managed to pick up along the way. I have lots of mason jars, lanterns, a couple of birdcages, lots of bottles and vases, all at a very fair price. No jacked up wedding prices!! If you want a Style Me Pretty or Ruffled type of wedding without a huge price tag, I'm your gal. Please PM me for more info!

        Thanks MRSHK! I am definitely going to check out those colours and see if they look good on me. And congrats on your business! I'd definitely be contacting you if I were getting married in Mexico! Your wedding was just gorgeous!






        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users