Sign in to follow this  
mysecreteden

Did you treat your photographer to dinner at your reception?

Hi Everyone,

We hired a outside photographer for 5 hours, they will be staying till around 7:30pm. Our reception is from 6-10. I am just wondering if it's custom to invite your photographer to dinner at your reception? 

We will be because our photographers are staying until almost the end of the reception, and six hours is a long time to go without a meal! I agree in your case it would be a very nice gesture to offer.

Yes, we did. We also had our photographer for 5 hours. He ended up staying a little later and catching the first dances and some of the reception because he stayed for dinner. I am not sure if he and his assistant ate, though!

We invited our photographer to come for dinner with us and he did.  I coudln't imagine him having to go have dinner by himeself while we were all enjoying our wedding dinner.

I think it would be nice of you to invite her too.  That way she doesnt feel left out.  And if you didn't invite her, your photographer may not come to your dinner just for the fact that he is leaving his wife alone.

Originally Posted by Kristy28 View Post

We were thinking the same thing. Our photographer is bringing his wife and they are enjoying a vacation. Does any know if we should invite her for dinner?

We booked our 2 photographers for 3 hours and they will cover first 30 minutes of our dinner. Do we need to offer them dinner (costs $100 per person)? What about the DJ and outside wedding coordinator who will be there for over 5 hours?