Beloved Hotel/La Amada

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#171 Jamese

Jamese
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by coogasu 

I've been working on planning my wedding at the Beloved for this October & am facing the same frustrations with Planner1. I will definately look into Mayan Hospitality! I also requested pricing for a photo booth & Alejandro sent me information for "Love the Booth" - boy were they pricey! I'm getting quotes from Cancun Photo Booth & Photo Face Booth, which both seem to be way cheaper. Has anyone used either of them?

Hello! I definitely think you should look into Mayan Hospitality. Their prices seem to be more reasonable than planner1. 

#172 Jamese

Jamese
    • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by LaurenV26 

Hi future and past brides!
      I am new to this site and still trying to decide on a resort. Does anyone know if this resort offers shows/entertainment? Also I am inviting 100 guest, guessing we will have around 60. Can anyone give me somewhat of an idea of what their total wedding cost including photos, decorations, etc?! Thank you!!

Welcome and Congrats! I am unsure if the resort provides shows and entertainment. I have heard that they provide some entertainment at night on the beach. Contact Alejandro, who is the wedding coordinator at the resort. My fiancĀ© and I have booked this resort and currently we are expecting 100 guest to attend our wedding. We are still working on the total cost for decorations with Mayan Hospitality. 

#173 jclaggett

jclaggett
      • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hey Ladies,

Those are my pictures that Blue Lens added on here. I added comments to some of them, feel free to look at them. I planned my wedding April 26 at The Beloved Hotel!! The hotel is amazing and I loved it!!!!

I am adding some more pictures on here.

#174 C Lombardi

C Lombardi
        • 6 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 25, 2013
        • Wedding Location:The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres
        • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

We booked a group contract through Wendy Hicks with Wright Travel. I would highly suggest locking into a group contract and negotiating the rates. If we didn't have our rooms blocked out, our guests would have had to pay more per room to book (on their own), not to mention we're 2 months from our wedding date and the resort is 99% full. Had we not had a block, our guests that waited up until this time to book would have been out of luck.

Wendy is very helpful and has a great relationship with this resort, I would suggest reaching out to her - wendy@wrighttravelagency.com

Good luck!!

Carrie

#175 bksweetheart

bksweetheart
        • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jamese 

Yes, I believe The Beloved charges a $500.00 Vendor fee if you decide to choose the Mayan Hospitality instead of Planner 1. I am thinking about working with Raffaele instead of Planner 1.

Hi Jamese - I just found out there's no fee to use Mayan Hospitality instead of Planner 1. Initially Alejandro told me there would be a $150 fee. I told Raffaele about this and he spoke to Alejandro and he said there'd be no fee. So that's good to know.. I've been working with Raffaele lately and he's been excellent. Very responsive, we've been shooting each other ideas back and forth, he'll give his opinions on whether he thinks something will fit with my theme. I think we're actually almost there, just putting on the final touches.. 

#176 C Lombardi

C Lombardi
          • 6 posts
          • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi Kim7799 -

Just curious about your experience with the hotel's photography vendor. Also - did you use the hotel salon for hair and makeup?

#177 C Lombardi

C Lombardi
          • 6 posts
          • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Beloved Brides,

I am getting married in October and was curious as to who you used for hair/makeup - and what you did for photography. I'm getting pressure to use the house vendor, but I'm not convinced they are right for my wedding. I look forward to hearing from you!!

-CLL

#178 Kim7799

Kim7799
          • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi C Lombardi,

I actually had really great experiences with both the in house photographer and spa. Our pictures were amazing and we were really happy with the package we got. That being said, I didn't really spend time looking at other photographers, so I wasn't comparing them to anyone else. All of my friends and family commented about how much they liked our pics, so I think it's just going to be a personal choice. They were so nice and got along great with our guests, so it was a positive experience.

Same with the spa for my hair and makeup. They nailed what I wanted, but I've read mixed reviews. I think it depends what you're looking for, but I was very pleased with both of these vendors.

#179 BodaHermosa

BodaHermosa
            • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Did anyone use an outside vendor for photography and/or video? I know TBH charges a $500 outside vendor fee, but that doesn't include meals, and the photographer I am considering requests that we feed his crew (there are 3 in his crew). Someone suggested paying for a room instead of paying the $500 vendor fee, but since there are 3 crew members, paying for a room will be more expensive. Does anyone know if there are any other options to grant access to outside vendors and feed them? (I will probably hire an outside videographer too.)

#180 coogasu

coogasu
              • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Has anyone had guests attend that didn't stay at the Beloved?  Do they still charge $150/guest even if they just come for the wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users