13 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

I just wanted to put a warning out there about this company.  They have joined BDW and have created 5+ profiles pretending to be brides to try to get more business.

I keep on finding more fake brides and banning their profiles but if you get a recommendation or pm about this company, please flag it and send it to the moderation team.

We try to keep honest vendors on this forum and this is obviously very a very shady business practice that we do not condone on here.

It is actually against forum and vendor rules:

Quote:
1. Please be honest about who you are.  DO NOT pretend to be a bride or groom to promote your business.

If you see posts or pms (about this vendor or others) that seems suspicious, you can flag them for our review:

BDW_flag_icon.jpg

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

I thought I would bump because it turns out there are more than 10+ fake accounts that they created.  if they have contacted you, BEWARE!  

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

What creeps.

#4 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
    • 675 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Yikes!  Thanks for the heads up!

#5 kristen6212

kristen6212
      • 184 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

Wow thanks for letting us know.

#6 BunnyBride

BunnyBride
        • Site Supporter
        • 49 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thank you very much!

#7 lmadore

lmadore
          • 128 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

My assumption would be they are crap if they need to create fake accounts then.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

they also pmd members so if you get a suspicious pm, be sure to flag it.

Awards and recognition: 

#9 almah

almah
            • 24 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Uh, this totally happened to me! They PM-ed me last week. Unfortunately I love their work and was about to book them tonight. What to do now?? Are they a real photographer??

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by almah 

Uh, this totally happened to me! They PM-ed me last week. Unfortunately I love their work and was about to book them tonight. What to do now?? Are they a real photographer??

it is up to you but you have been warned.  there are so many honest photographers in the area.

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users