Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AllieH

November 2012 Brides?

Recommended Posts

I'm putting in a mug, a survival kit (OTC meds like advil, aspirin, tums, ammonium, bandaids, antibacterial gel, shout wipes, etc), lip balm, lanyards/key holders, mints/gum, a welcome letter & timeline and that's about it. Very similar to what you are doing! We don't have the budget to go overboard..lol 

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

That is why I have decided to keep my OOT bags to a minimum- the bags, cups with lids, a welcome letter and maybe a few meds or something- I don't have time to go overboard...what all are you putting in your bags? 

 

I'm OCD...that's my excuse. Plan, plan, plan is my middle name. I'm guessing on the OOT bags - until we get final payments made, I don't know what our count will be. But I figure that a few extra won't hurt, and if we have a lot extra, I'll resell it to someone who can use it. Or send them to friends who can't make it but still want to be part of our celebration. 

 

Plus I don't have a bridal party, so that makes things a whole lot easier! 

Originally Posted by Tiners17 View Post

Hi ladies,

 

I am getting married at Excellence Riviera Cancun on Nov 30th!  I am very excited, but also pretty nervous when I compare what I have done, (STD'S and that's it) to what you all have accomplished so far.  Way to be on the ball!  It seems hard to start with OOT's and stuff when I am not sure what the final count will be.  So far 32 people have booked.  I still haven't picked out bridesmaidsd dress yet...that is becoming a thorn in my side--I just can't decide.  :/ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ya I forgot about the timeline and gum is a good idea too.  I just bought the rest of my cups at walmart last night and the tags for my maraca favors at Michaels! Check that off the list! :)

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I'm putting in a mug, a survival kit (OTC meds like advil, aspirin, tums, ammonium, bandaids, antibacterial gel, shout wipes, etc), lip balm, lanyards/key holders, mints/gum, a welcome letter & timeline and that's about it. Very similar to what you are doing! We don't have the budget to go overboard..lol 

 

I'm OCD...that's my excuse. Plan, plan, plan is my middle name. I'm guessing on the OOT bags - until we get final payments made, I don't know what our count will be. But I figure that a few extra won't hurt, and if we have a lot extra, I'll resell it to someone who can use it. Or send them to friends who can't make it but still want to be part of our celebration. 

 

Plus I don't have a bridal party, so that makes things a whole lot easier! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!

I can't believe there's less than 4 months left! It's insane how time flies.

Trying not to panic, but I have nothing done.  Work has been crazy insane, leaving no time to do anything. I'm almost to the point where I just feel like showing up and not worrying about anything before then! whew!

 

ok got that mini panic attack out the way...it's time to get cracking! I don't even know where to start though...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girl, don't freak out.  I feel like I haven't done a whole lot, but there isn't really that much to do for a destination wedding, unless you decide to DIY everything.  I still have a lot do, but I feel like it's mainly stuff that needs to be done closer to the wedding (make the playlist for ceremony and reception, make the invitations, buy fiance's suit and wedding band and buy maracas..etc)  Everything really won't take very long if you break everything down...so you have nothing to worry about! :)

Originally Posted by Adesir8 View Post

Hi Ladies!

I can't believe there's less than 4 months left! It's insane how time flies.

Trying not to panic, but I have nothing done.  Work has been crazy insane, leaving no time to do anything. I'm almost to the point where I just feel like showing up and not worrying about anything before then! whew!

 

ok got that mini panic attack out the way...it's time to get cracking! I don't even know where to start though...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I am so happy to hear I am not alone. I am sooo behind! I still havent sent out my invitations. Although I sent out the STDs at the 6 mo mark. I'm so nervous about things, and yes, I am doing a bunch o f DIY stuff but thank god I have 2 MOH who are awesome... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KalikLove View Post

OMG I am so happy to hear I am not alone. I am sooo behind! I still havent sent out my invitations. Although I sent out the STDs at the 6 mo mark. I'm so nervous about things, and yes, I am doing a bunch o f DIY stuff but thank god I have 2 MOH who are awesome... 

LOL I still haven't sent out invites neither! and my MOH has been such a slacker...no support at all.  I do have an amazing SOB (she loves it when i call her that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Hey girl, don't freak out.  I feel like I haven't done a whole lot, but there isn't really that much to do for a destination wedding, unless you decide to DIY everything.  I still have a lot do, but I feel like it's mainly stuff that needs to be done closer to the wedding (make the playlist for ceremony and reception, make the invitations, buy fiance's suit and wedding band and buy maracas..etc)  Everything really won't take very long if you break everything down...so you have nothing to worry about! :)

Thank you!!! I made a list and it's helped me organize my crazy thoughts. taking it step by step...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, glad to hear! :) I need to make a list- lol.

 

 

I  haven't mailed my inivitations either-heck, I havven't even made mine yet- I'm doing boarding pass invites that I'm DIYing!

Originally Posted by Adesir8 View Post

Thank you!!! I made a list and it's helped me organize my crazy thoughts. taking it step by step...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live with lists - I wouldn't remember a darn thing otherwise! 

 

I don't have a bridal party, and my sister is not participating in any way (unless it's convenient for her - but that's a whole other drama llama!). I've had friends and other family (his and mine) offer to help with things, but honestly, I'm not even sure what I could delegate in the planning stages. It's all pretty much under control.

 

Good luck with the To-Do lists ladies!! 

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Good, glad to hear! :) I need to make a list- lol.

 

 

I  haven't mailed my inivitations either-heck, I havven't even made mine yet- I'm doing boarding pass invites that I'm DIYing!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×