hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hello Ladies!

Thank you all for your posts,  the info really helps! I'm glad to learn Sabes44 that you're an event planner, I work in hospitality as well, it just confirms I made the right choice  :lol: since we aren't doing a site visit .

We are getting married April 30th, 2015 and chose the gold package. I am undecided on the locations to hold the ceremony, my fiance is leaning towards the pier and I like the beach however I've noticed that pictures under the perogola often have stripes of shade and light. Am I just making too much of a big deal on this little detail. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Julie

#682 Crystal17

Crystal17
  • 46 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 2, 2015
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

@Sabes44, I don't believe we got any extra perks with destinationweddings.com.  I had a friend who used them and had no problems so that is why we chose them.  I really like my agent.  She gets back to me very quickly and has been helping my friends/family with all their questions. 

I have to been to the Excellence 4 times on vacation so believe me if you choose ERC, you won't be disappointed!!!  

@karijean, thank you so much for the post!  It was very helpful!  Pictures looked amazing and so did you!  I agree about the DJ.  At first we weren't going to get one and do the ipod but I don't want to have to worry about songs all night.  We hired our DJ and photog last week :)  Thanks again for the info. 

#683 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

@hapykat it is definitely not easy to book something site unseen, but I feel confident with all the research I have done.  I am just working on figuring out what "extras" are worth it to pay for.  Still comparing with Karisma resorts, but I have liked Excellence from the beginning and two story terrace room looks amazing!  I totally over think things, go with your first instinct.  If you don't mind the sand and potential stripes of shade and light I say go for it.  I have never noticed that detail in any of the pictures, until you mentioned it.  Either way you can't go wrong!

Thanks @Crystal17!  How much does the DJ run for?  We will have a small group, I am trying to decide if a DJ is worth the cost.

Thanks ladies!!

#684 hapykat

hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Thanks @Sabes44 (I hope I'm doing this right) I would also like to know how much the DJ costs, and if its really worth the money? I don't expect us to be more than 30

#685 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

@Sabes44 and @hapykat - I've been working with Jessica and I recently asked her for a price list. If I recall correctly, DJ Mannia is $1300 for four hours.

#686 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks @JenniferH114!  That's a pretty good price for 4 hours @hapykat, we will have about the same amount of guests.  I am also trying to decide if its worth it, or if it would just be more fun to go to another bar after and maybe just have a little trio or something during the reception.  We don't plan on a typical wedding, might just want to do a few speeches and maybe a first dance but really just want to have fun and enjoy the time with friends and family.

#687 hapykat

hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for all the info Ladies! Lots of good idea to ponder. I was wondering if anyone's wedding will be overlapping with mine? April 30th is a Thursday and we leave Sunday May 3rd.

#688 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

We are at the end of May-Friday May 29th 

#689 HNeal

HNeal
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 22, 2014
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

@Sabes44 and @hapykat

I was undecided about DJ until recently. There are 30 of us and I decided to go for it. Then we don't have to worry about anything.

I am getting married on the beach! I did notice the stripes that the sun and shade make under the pergola but for me that's one thing I like about it. I think the pics come out pretty cool looking with all the shadows. I think you will defiantly have to be ok with that look if you choose the beach.

#690 hapykat

hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

@HNeal 

I like your perspective about the shadows. So about shoes... I know this is probably obvious but do you know if anyone's has "successfully" worn shoes down the burlap runner? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users