This is great...so happy to be able to chat with some other brides getting married at Now Larimar! ...Thanks Mandy!! :) Our wedding is on April 19, 2012 and I still have so much planning and figuring out to do! Pretty sure we have decided on our ceremony on the beach...it was pretty much the number one reason for getting married down south, but still not sure were we want our meal and reception. Have you ladies purchased wedding packages? Where are those meals served does anyone know? Is it at one of the resturants? We have 30 guests confirmed right now and we were worried if we ate at one of the resturants there would not be enough room for all of us to sit together. Any of you ladies know about the decorations that are included?? I know you can purchase everything seperatly, but that seems it would get expensive. we are looking at getting the Divine wedding package, because it seems to meet our needs the best as far as the decor, but the other packages don't say what is included in them as far as decorations!! Oh so may questions!! hahah Is it too soon to contacy Claribel to start getting some things straightened away? I know that she is probably dealing with weddings that will be happening sooner then our, but I want to start chatting about what our options are exactly...and I know that getting in contact with her can be a task!! Oh what to do!?!?!

Hi ya guys! Will be getting married at NOW Larimar on Feb 20, 2011 and thought for all of you who have questions, there's loads of information to wade through at the other forum:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/71007/new-resort-opening-may-1-2011-now-larimar-punta-cana

There are loads of pictures there and links to pictures. I know it's a lot to go through but well worth it. Crack open a bottle of wine and have a good read. Also, there are three women who are having there weddings now and will be returning to write reviews and post more pictures.

I'd like to say one major thing, Claribel isn't great to answer questions because she doesn't focus on weddings until you're two/three months away from yours. My suggestion is to sit and to think of all your questions if you're several months away, then send them all together. Doing it bit by bit will drive you mad. At least that is what I did back in May when I started planning. It took her nearly 3 weeks for me to get answers which actually came from the wedding planner at Secrets who was helping her out. Once I officially booked, I asked a few more and she got right back to me but made it clear that my day wouldn't be on her radar until December. 

Accepting this will help save you loads of stress. 

In the meantime, hire a TA, sort out invitations (I ordered mine off Wedding Diva's and loved them but there's a great passport invitation designer who's info you can get at the link above too), register, create your site, look for dresses...and collect pics of everything you want to send to Claribel and her team the closer you get to the wedding. I've contacted their decorators and photographer and they aren't great at returning emails either. So prepare yourself.

Hope this was all helpful. 

Here are some pictures that another bride recently sent me:

IMG-20111115-00158.jpg - FOUNTAIN CEREMONY 

?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=133bec513c091bc5

IMG-20111115-00163.jpg - BEACH RECEPTION

?attid=0.2&disp=emb&view=att&th=133bec513c091bc5

IMG-20111115-00161.jpg - BEACH RECEPTION

?attid=0.3&disp=emb&view=att&th=133bec513c091bc5

IMG-20111115-00156.jpg - FOUNTAIN CEREMONY

?attid=0.4&disp=emb&view=att&th=133bec513c091bc5

IMG-20111112-00153.jpg - BEACH CEREMONY

?attid=0.5&disp=emb&view=att&th=133bec513c091bc5

Hey SunWedding!

I see you live in NB and was wondering how you went about making your travel arrangements for you and your 30 guests? Did you use a TA? I'm from Moncton, but currently live in Ottawa, however most of my friends and family live in Moncton... Which airport are you leaving from?? I was strongly considering Now Larimar, but it seems as though there are no direct flights from Moncton to Punta Cana in January :S this affects my destination now, since I don't think ppl will want to drive to Halifax...

Let me know! and congrats on picking a venue/date :)

Hey SunWedding, My wedding is April 16, we may see e/o!

Thanks for the tips too. I have been trying to answer their questionaire about what I want but it's so difficult with questions like: What flowers would you like and how many. When I have no clue what the options are or the prices.  Anyone have any more info on what is available and what is extra and their pricing?  

var11238; thanks for that link. I'll have to dig through that thread.  Looks like your jpg links are broken though. Would love to see them.

Alana

Now Larimar 16-4-12

hey ladies it is nice to see more brides for Larimar. Yes, i do agree about Claribel, she is lacking some communication skills for sure. The only promt reply i got from her was when i had to do a credit card transaction for $500deposit. I actually was getting several emails from her. But i also heard that once you get to the resort, she is great! I am not an annoying bride, but i had few questions that i emailed 3wks ago, never heard back....anyhow check out another thread on here for Larimar. http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/71007/new-resort-opening-may-1-2011-now-larimar-punta-cana Good luck.

also fyi for the food options, you can only choose one option meal. For example if you are doing chicken, then all guests have to have chicken, or if you are doing lamb, then everyone has to have lamb. I thought this is kind of weird...

Hi everyone, I am getting married in Now Larimar in August 2012. I am very excited and nervous. I been to Punta Cana and I love it there but I have never been to Now Larimar Resorts. Hope is as beautiful as the pictures.

Has anyone order their invitations?  I am looking for a place where they would do Spanish and English. Does any one has any suggestions?

Congratulations to everyone!!

Hello Ladies! My honey and I were married on Thursday and I have to say, WOW. at the end of it all, once on the resort Claribel was phenomenal.

The concierge (Leonardo) was difficult to get a hold of and he made quite a few big mistakes, but Claribel went above and beyond to make sure they were corrected.

We opted for the hotel photographer, which was an initial concern regarding communication, but we worked with Amy and she was great, LOVE the shots, it was hard to limit the choices to 350, the part that we didn't like working with Amy was that she left when the sun was going down before dinner while our champagne and cigar roller was still happening, luckily- our good friend who is also a photographer stayed with us and took some breath taking shots in the dark <3

Hope this helps! Pics when we're back home- for now back to the honeymoon :] 

This is soooooo appreciated! I've been waiting for just married brides to come on back and write lengthy reviews. I'm slowly approaching panic mode now that I'm less than 80 days away. Once you're back home and comfortable can you let us all know:

1) how you got the decorations sorted? Did you bring your own? Or work with Innovart? And if so, was it handled before or while you were there? 

2) where did you decide to have your reception? I'm having the same amount as you and though I've decided on doing the reception on the beach, I'm now thinking that having it at a restaurant where everyone can order what they'd like may be better. 

3) did you do anything different like sky floating lanterns? and was it allowed. Did you hire the DJ or use your iPod? 

4) and, if you did OTT bags - what did you put in them? What were raved items versus passed on? 

5) did you or your guests leave the resort to do anything extra? interesting bars? clubs? 

6) and how late is everything open at the resort?

7) most important 'how was the food?'

As you can see, I can go on but will leave it there. Every and anything else you want to tell us, please add it on. Oh, and cannot wait to see pictures. 

Originally Posted by splenda View Post

Hello Ladies! My honey and I were married on Thursday and I have to say, WOW. at the end of it all, once on the resort Claribel was phenomenal.

The concierge (Leonardo) was difficult to get a hold of and he made quite a few big mistakes, but Claribel went above and beyond to make sure they were corrected.

We opted for the hotel photographer, which was an initial concern regarding communication, but we worked with Amy and she was great, LOVE the shots, it was hard to limit the choices to 350, the part that we didn't like working with Amy was that she left when the sun was going down before dinner while our champagne and cigar roller was still happening, luckily- our good friend who is also a photographer stayed with us and took some breath taking shots in the dark <3

Hope this helps! Pics when we're back home- for now back to the honeymoon :]