@vav, tnx for posting this pictures. do u know if those white chair covers are there regular covers or the upgraded ones$$?

also does anyone recall having Claribel telling you that if you want to bring an outside DJ(not the one from the resort)it will cost $500vendor fee?i dont recall her telling me such a high number, but i just cant find it in my emails...tnx

I think they're the standard ones you get if you sign-up for the Divine package. You get the chair covers, table and gazebo decor all in white. You wind up paying for the colors you add to it. But the covers are only included, as far as I understand from reading the package list, if you have the Divine package. Without I think it's $15 per chair or something mad like that. 

Originally Posted by Skygirl View Post

@vav, tnx for posting this pictures. do u know if those white chair covers are there regular covers or the upgraded ones$$?

Canadian Love - I am getting married March 31st at Secrets (which is just right next door)!  We will be there at the same time.  I am arriving on the 28th.

What are you guys doing about photographers?  I naively thought I was just going to use the one in the package (we are doing the most expensive package so I thought surely that would be fine) but it appears most people use outisde vendors.

What is everyone doing?

Hi Kevol,

To be honest, I haven't really started planning anything yet! I have just decided that I am going to deal with everything on Claribel's schedule, because I tried reaching her a few months ago to no avail. It was really stressing me out, and kind of defeats the purpose of doing a destination wedding, since we are trying to keep everything calm and relaxed! I've heard from many people on here that Claribel contacts you 2-3 months before the date, so I think I am just going to hope that this is the case, and if not, will just deal with everything once we get there. We are choosing the best package also, and have heard that the photographer is great, so I'm going to have faith! I am an interior designer and am very detail oriented, but have decided on this one (scarily enough) to just let things happen when they need to happen and not stress. I'm trying to just enjoy being engaged :) Who is your wedding coordinator, is it Claribel also? Have you been in touch with her yet? Congrats on your engagement, and let's try and talk often!
Denise

As part of the divine package, you get a photographer and 25 pictures. That seems like way too little and though I've asked, I've yet to get the web address or see his work. So I (and many of the other brides) hire an outside photographer. It helps to assure yourself that you'll have pictures you'll love! The some of the options are:

http://www.hdcphoto.com/

http://www.photosouvenirpuntacana.com/

http://www.katyanovablog.com/

http://www.juliaeskin.com/#/galleries/

http://www.caribbeanemotions.com/

The package use to give you a DJ too; for two hours but not anymore. Instead you get a choice of violin or sax - I think (cannot find the document that says this now) for a half hour during the ceremony. But everyone who does an outside one seems to use Mannia.   

Originally Posted by Kevol33 View Post

Canadian Love - I am getting married March 31st at Secrets (which is just right next door)!  We will be there at the same time.  I am arriving on the 28th.

What are you guys doing about photographers?  I naively thought I was just going to use the one in the package (we are doing the most expensive package so I thought surely that would be fine) but it appears most people use outisde vendors.

What is everyone doing?

Just an fyi if you do decide to bring an outside photographer...there is usually a visitor pass fee upwards of $150...we are using Katya Nova and are super excited!

Hey ladies, it's been such a long time since I've posted anything here... just thought this would be worth sharing :)

I've been in contact with DJMannia and was able to confirm that they have a working relationship with Now Larimar and both parties confirmed that it would only cost $150 to bring DJMannia --- not the crazy $500 outside vendor fee that the WC started to throw around. Also with the photographer, HDC confirmed with me that all I would need to pay is the day pass which I think would be around $150. I'm waiting on Now to confirm this as well but Arnaud (HDC) was confident about the fee and said that if Claribel gives me a different price he would contact her personally :)

So make sure you work the details out with any outside vendor you decide to bring in, maybe they already have some sort of understanding with the resort. Like Pastor York doesn't require any day pass at just about every resort in punta cana...

Hope this helps! Happy planning ladies!

Thanks for this! I remember being told it was $150 too but then couldn't really find where I had seen that (I think it was on the first extra pricing list). I've also booked DJ Mannia and Blue Lagoon photographers plus Pastor Rick to do the ceremony. I'll email Christina (who is now answering my emails rather than Claribel) to get a firm answer. 

Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 View Post

Hey ladies, it's been such a long time since I've posted anything here... just thought this would be worth sharing :)

I've been in contact with DJMannia and was able to confirm that they have a working relationship with Now Larimar and both parties confirmed that it would only cost $150 to bring DJMannia --- not the crazy $500 outside vendor fee that the WC started to throw around. Also with the photographer, HDC confirmed with me that all I would need to pay is the day pass which I think would be around $150. I'm waiting on Now to confirm this as well but Arnaud (HDC) was confident about the fee and said that if Claribel gives me a different price he would contact her personally :)

So make sure you work the details out with any outside vendor you decide to bring in, maybe they already have some sort of understanding with the resort. Like Pastor York doesn't require any day pass at just about every resort in punta cana...

Hope this helps! Happy planning ladies!