Sign in to follow this  
Msklee

Wedding Package @ RIU

Hey Ladies, I'm getting married @ The RIU 10/25/08 and I have rec'd my confirmation number reagarding my wedding package. But after reading this site. I have found the prices are different(cheaper) My FH wanted the most expensive wedding package. I don't feel that we would use all of the stuff included. I also am finding out that we don't have to use the florist at the hotel. That we have other options. The hotel prices are sooo expensive. So my questions is this. Would it be cheaper to go with a cheaper package and then do add-ons. I would like to have a gazebo wedding and I am hoping that the natural beauty will shine thru and I won't have to spend a lot of money on flowers for decorations. I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

I got the free package and then am adding on any extras I may want when I get down there. I am also using an outside florist because I don't like the flowers at RIU and they are expensive. Which RIU are you getting married at?

I went with the middle package. I was thinking of using an outside vendor, but then when I thought about it, it seemed like too much work. I loved my flowers, they were beautiful and was glad I went with the hotel. I didnt find them that expensive. I got 2 large arrangements for the sides of the arch and they were 120, I then used these as centrepieces for the reception. I do agree that the BM flowers and boutineers are expensive

Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBRIDEMA View Post
I went with the middle package. I was thinking of using an outside vendor, but then when I thought about it, it seemed like too much work. I loved my flowers, they were beautiful and was glad I went with the hotel. I didnt find them that expensive. I got 2 large arrangements for the sides of the arch and they were 120, I then used these as centrepieces for the reception. I do agree that the BM flowers and boutineers are expensive
Sarah
Thanks for the suggestion. I am getting married in Ocho Rios. I was thinking maybe we could make the bridemaid flowers and take them with us. Do you all think that would be possible? Do you think the flowers will travel well?

Initially I was planning on either making the bridesmaid's bouquets (since mine was included) or buying them from an outside vendor when we were down there. In the end, we just had too much to do and didn't want to spend any of our precious vacation time running around looking at flowers so we just got them thru the Riu. We were very happy with all the flowers and the prices weren't too bad.

We got the middle package too and were happy with that.They decorated the gazebo for us as that was included in the package. To tell you the truth, I didn't really notice that until I looked at the pics though b/c there's just so much else going thru your head the day of.

It depends on what you want for your wedding day..I am getting married on 6/14/08 and am going with the free package. I figure I will add on if I want..but honestly the beach and water will be my "free" decorations.