Looking for that little extra spice.  It may be just fine, yet I think that it is missing something.  Since talking 'wedding' to my husband is a foreign language, figured I'd come to the one place where I know that there are many others who speak the same language, so here goes.

I posted these invites possibly a week or so ago.  I was able to print them all out and now I am in the cutting and gluing phases.  Right now I am working on the post wedding lunch, before we leave the resort and it just doesn't have that spice.

The first round, this is how they looked:

100_0872[1].JPG

I figured how to do the pretty little ribbon flower with a brad at the center that attached the two.  Now, for some reason I just can't seem to recreate that little flower and at the same time, I just don't think it works well.  So here is the invite without the embellishment:

100_0878[1].JPG

Sorry, it's sideways.  Of course when I ask the 'other' he says it looks fine, yet it is missing that certain je nais se pas...

HELP!!!!

Not really a fan of the ribbon flower either, but maybe if you got an airplane 3D embellishment or a small seashell and put it on the same spot it would give itt hat pizazz.  Hope that helps....good luck!

PS I think they look fine plain also....haahah

If you want something extra in that corner without the flower, what about a small rhinestone sticker? It could be anything, even a simple dot. That would add some bling and draw the eye there without being too much.

Another idea is to do a simple bow across the top of the invite.

I don't know how to do a bow, that's why I tried the ribbon rose.  As you can see, that was a one time success. & I am afraid to put something in that corner that may knock of the balance because the sun pic.  Maybe I am being a bit too critical *shrugs, I do that sometimes.

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

If you want something extra in that corner without the flower, what about a small rhinestone sticker? It could be anything, even a simple dot. That would add some bling and draw the eye there without being too much.

Another idea is to do a simple bow across the top of the invite.

I hit reply too quick...

If the bow is too much, since it's not the "wedding" invitation, it would be just fine with out anything else.  Jut cut the top border to be equal in size to the other borders.

So easy fix is if I get rid of the extra space, there may be no need for anything extra.  Ha ha, by golly I think she has it, LOL

But iwill still look at the youtube video, I WANT to learn how to do bows.

Originally Posted by Avez007 View Post

I hit reply too quick...

If the bow is too much, since it's not the "wedding" invitation, it would be just fine with out anything else.  Jut cut the top border to be equal in size to the other borders.

Yes, I am starting to believe that my eyes are indeed just adding things that have no place.  I am going to go with another bride's suggestion and just make all the borders the same and then there will be no need for anything extra.