Cheesy Favor?? Feedback please! : D

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ayansi08

ayansi08
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to get some feedback on my favor idea.....

Since I'll be getting married in Paradisus Punta Cana, I wanted to give something to my guests as a keep sake of not only our wedding but of DR.

So I've been going back and forth on the idea of giving my guests a small bottle of one of the typical rums of DR either Barcelo or Brugal. I figure since my FI and I are getting to DR a few days before the wedding we can purchase them there. I'm guessing they'll be cheaper there as well.

I'd bring personalized ribbon and a small thank you tag to put on each bottle.

Is it cheesy to give away rum?????

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Thank you!!!

#2 ska2m

ska2m
    • Site Supporter
    • 150 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

Of course not! Especially if it is DR rum as then you are incorporating a local gift. I've been to many weddings and i've gotten a bottle of wine as a take home. It's definitely useful as it will most likely be used, even if they don't drink, they can use it for when guests come over. I think it's a great gift idea!

#3 ayansi08

ayansi08
      • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

THANK YOU!!!!

Of course not! Especially if it is DR rum as then you are incorporating a local gift. I've been to many weddings and i've gotten a bottle of wine as a take home. It's definitely useful as it will most likely be used, even if they don't drink, they can use it for when guests come over. I think it's a great gift idea!

#4 jmastr05

jmastr05
        • 189 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

I started reading this thread TOTALLY expecting to think that whatever I read, I would probably think it was cheesy. But I agree with ska2M: This idea is a really good one! It's something specific to your destination and it's alcohol! Hard to beat that combination!

#5 Sharon99

Sharon99
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

It's never cheesy giving liquor! lol! I just think of all the weddings I have been too & the crap that I threw away from frames to candles etc. I would have loved alcohol! 

People can put it in their suitcase & have a rum and coke when they get back! The nice thing too is that it maybe hard to get a specific rum here that you can buy there!

#6 ayansi08

ayansi08
            • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

YEY! You ladies have total helped me! lol

And it's true what you mentioned Sharon99, I always get stuff I NEVER use. I also like the idea of buying the rum there because it's less stuff I have to pack and take with me.

I just have to now find out how much those mini bottles cost!

Cheers!

#7 Melly81

Melly81
              • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

OMG that's not cheesy at all!!  It's a really good idea...I might just steal it ;)

#8 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

Agree with all above!! Super cute a personalized shot glass to go with that rum might be cute as well!!

#9 capecodder

capecodder
                  • 234 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

I agree with the rest of the ladies..Great idea!!

#10 Bryjenbry

Bryjenbry
                    • 229 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Not cheesy at all... i think the best favors are ones from the actual destination.   I believe Mama Juana is popular Dominican alcohol, you'll see it everywhere when you get there :)  Just FYI - Larimar is a Dominican stone, you'll see all the vendors selling Larimar jewelry.  It's really expensive if you try to find it from home, but its pretty affordable in the DR.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users