Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun 2013 Destination Wedding Brides


  • Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#331 megssweet1

megssweet1
  • Jr. Member
  • 157 posts

    Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

    Andrea,

     

    Thank you, this is super helpful. If I'm not able to trade, I'll use this option. Thanks for sharing your research!!

    Originally Posted by Ongerina 

    Hi Ashleyloriann!  

     

    This is what Cecilia gave me for pricing through dreams: $280/hr for the DJ, 9ft*9ft light floor $700, 9ft*15ft light floor $800.  When you go through the resort, everything (individually) has 11% tax and 15% service fee- which is not included. So if you go with the resort DJ package for 3 hours, and the smallest dance floor, that's an extra $400 in fees.

     

    You can talk down the outside vendors (pretty easily). For example- DJ mannia quoted me $300 for a sounds system for the ceremony (which is ridiculous!)- so I told them it was only $180 to get in through the resort.  So they offered it at $180 (and that is the final price, no extra fees or taxes, while the resort would charge a service fee + tax if you went through them).

     

    DJ Mannia gave me three hours with the DJ (includeds DJ/MC, DJ booth, sounds system, wireless MIC, robotic lights, white balloons, 4 cold fireworks explosions) for $800 (no extra fees).  They also gave me a free bubble machine for the receoption just for booking them for the sound system for the cermony.  Their light up dance floor prices are: 12ft*12ft= $600, 12ft*16ft=$800.  They don't require the dance floors to be booked until a month before.  Also, I am planning to get under the table lights through them because they are only $19/each, whereas they are $25/each +tax/service fee from dreams.  The prices at first seem good at dreams, until you add in that extra 26%.

     

    So if I went through Dreams, a DJ+dance floor would be $1940 total.  DJ Mannia would be $1400 (and this dance floor is bigger than the Dreams one). Does that all make sense?

     

    Hope that's helpful!

    Andrea



    #332 megssweet1

    megssweet1
    • Jr. Member
    • 157 posts

      Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

      Thanks Jenny! I hope that's not the case, but if so, I'll figure it out. What type of item do you think they'd count the photography as? I'm definitely not going to use their photog, so I really want to trade for that. I guess worst case, I can ask them to be there for our welcome party and goodbye brunch. But I'd really prefer to have something I need! Lol

       

      Ashley, I'll let you know what I find out. I prob won't email my coordinator for another week or so. Just trying to get all my thoughts together.

      Originally Posted by JennyMay2013 

      @megssweet1... just wanted to give you a heads up.  I do not think they will do the trade.  Go ahead and try though in case they changed policy.  I tried trading something before my wedding and the only trades they did was like for like (i.e. reception item for reception item).  Cross trades between types were not allowed (i.e. reception item for photography, spa treatments for something non spa, etc.).



      #333 Ashleyloriann

      Ashleyloriann
      • Newbie
      • 51 posts

        Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

        Originally Posted by megssweet1 

        Thanks Jenny! I hope that's not the case, but if so, I'll figure it out. What type of item do you think they'd count the photography as? I'm definitely not going to use their photog, so I really want to trade for that. I guess worst case, I can ask them to be there for our welcome party and goodbye brunch. But I'd really prefer to have something I need! Lol

         

        Ashley, I'll let you know what I find out. I prob won't email my coordinator for another week or so. Just trying to get all my thoughts together.

        My trades are:

        Instead of the photo package I get, 2 drapes and 2 corsages for the columns

        Instead of flowers, I get a sound system for the ceremony

        Instead of having a cocktail hour, I get 10 people comped for dinner on top of the original 20

         

        In my opinion the trades suck, but what else can you do? haha



        #334 Ashleyloriann

        Ashleyloriann
        • Newbie
        • 51 posts

          Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

          Originally Posted by Ongerina 

          Hi Ashleyloriann!  

           

          This is what Cecilia gave me for pricing through dreams: $280/hr for the DJ, 9ft*9ft light floor $700, 9ft*15ft light floor $800.  When you go through the resort, everything (individually) has 11% tax and 15% service fee- which is not included. So if you go with the resort DJ package for 3 hours, and the smallest dance floor, that's an extra $400 in fees.

           

          You can talk down the outside vendors (pretty easily). For example- DJ mannia quoted me $300 for a sounds system for the ceremony (which is ridiculous!)- so I told them it was only $180 to get in through the resort.  So they offered it at $180 (and that is the final price, no extra fees or taxes, while the resort would charge a service fee + tax if you went through them).

           

          DJ Mannia gave me three hours with the DJ (includeds DJ/MC, DJ booth, sounds system, wireless MIC, robotic lights, white balloons, 4 cold fireworks explosions) for $800 (no extra fees).  They also gave me a free bubble machine for the receoption just for booking them for the sound system for the cermony.  Their light up dance floor prices are: 12ft*12ft= $600, 12ft*16ft=$800.  They don't require the dance floors to be booked until a month before.  Also, I am planning to get under the table lights through them because they are only $19/each, whereas they are $25/each +tax/service fee from dreams.  The prices at first seem good at dreams, until you add in that extra 26%.

           

          So if I went through Dreams, a DJ+dance floor would be $1940 total.  DJ Mannia would be $1400 (and this dance floor is bigger than the Dreams one). Does that all make sense?

           

          Hope that's helpful!

          Andrea

          I just booked my spot with them! They are very easy to work with :) thanks!!



          #335 af2492

          af2492
          • Newbie
          • 17 posts

            Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

            Hi Everyone. I am hoping to have my wedding at Dreams next year and am so excited to be reading all of these posts with great advice! I emailed the wedding coordinators a few days ago and haven't heard back and I have a travel agent who is going to try and call, but I am just wondering how long it took for people to hear back from them initially? I know I've read they can be slow, but I'd like to get an idea of the overall price and be able to book the date we are looking at so we can start telling people! Thanks!



            #336 macyhickman09

            macyhickman09
            • Newbie
            • 25 posts

              Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

              I am debating between Dreams Cancun and Moon Palace for my wedding in May 2014. I want a wedding directly on the beach.  Is this what you did?  The only pictures I ever see are in the gazebo. If you got married on the beach will you please send me a picture! I would so appreciate it!!!



              #337 gallardo films

              gallardo films
              • Vendor
              • 632 posts

                Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

                Originally Posted by macyhickman09 

                I am debating between Dreams Cancun and Moon Palace for my wedding in May 2014. I want a wedding directly on the beach.  Is this what you did?  The only pictures I ever see are in the gazebo. If you got married on the beach will you please send me a picture! I would so appreciate it!!!

                 

                Hi brides! We're Gallardo Films wedding cinematographers at Mayan Riviera. We're a passionate and experienced enterprise, we love make films with beautiful love's stories!    We would like invite you to watch next video, this wedding was at the Moon Palace so you can look the locations, unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to make a film at the Dreams Cancun but we made one at the Dreams Riviera Maya, so we cannot share it with you. We hope you like it and can choose one!   Have a good planning!  

                 



                #338 rykell

                rykell
                • Jr. Member
                • 170 posts

                  Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

                  Candles will never stay lite to windy at the Gazebo , you can find all the arrangements on there wedding page for Dreams



                  #339 rykell

                  rykell
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 170 posts

                    Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

                    when you are finished with the I DO'S ask that they take the corsages and use them as center pieces for your reception



                    #340 rykell

                    rykell
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 170 posts

                      Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

                      http://west.dreamsre...ephotos.com.mx/

                       FYI .

                      My daughter  was married at Dreams in Nov and we did trade a few things in our pkg but  have a look that the professional video that the resort provides

                       

                      brides to be this is the video  of our daughter Kelly West from Dreams , save your money they are amazing, also included is 50 pictures and the entire wedding on a CD .......
                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users