Dreams Cancun 2013 Destination Wedding Brides

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#1 taegan

taegan
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hi Ladies,

After researching and reading hundreds of review we have finally chosen a resort! (whew) We have picked Dreams Resort and Spa in Cancun. From what I can gather, its a bit of a dated resort which is fine with us and it has a beautiful location. And from all the amazing indepth reviews from this website it has plenty to offer and choices to choose from.

Now heres what I am looking for. Since I am a brand spanking new bride (just engaged nearly one month ago) I am worrying about a number of things and I would love some advice :)

We are hoping to somehow make the wedding gazebo more private, tossing around ideas about the wind breakers being set up around the gazebo, any ideas? And our wedding colors are yellow and blue, does anyone know if they supply chair sashes? We also haven't been able to choose where we want the reception to be. We both like the beach and the terrace...would anyone have some suggestions?
    When it comes to working with the hotel staff, are there any tips and advice?

A lot of the reviews recommend DJ Mannia and we will more than likely try to have him there, also did any brides have Del Sol photography? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE their photography and I am trying to book them for our wedding, I want to have unique pictures though so did any brides have Del Sol and where did you have pictures taken?

Would anyone have good suggestions for excursions? We want to plan a big ol' group excursion but we aren't sure which tour company is reputable.

I can't think of anything else (yet ha ha) to ask you wonderful girls but PLEASE feel free to throw anything else out you think I should know :) I look forward to hearing everyones awesome feedback

#2 taegan

taegan
    • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

I should also add, if there are any brides getting married at the Dreams Cancun resort soon please feel free to post any ideas or tips you have to!

#3 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
      • 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hi Taegan,

I just heard back from Dreams Cancun and got my date reserved for January 2013! She is going to send me the 2013 pricing as soon as it is figured out! I am super excited! When are you sending out save the dates?

#4 taegan

taegan
        • 104 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hi beachwed2013 :)

After choosing the Dreams resort in Cancun we began looking at other Dream resorts and as soon as I saw the wedding chapel in the Dreams Tulum resort, I fell in love! We researched it more and we talked with a travel agent as well so we have decided on the Dreams Tulum Resort.

I am sure Dreams Cancun will be perfect though, if we hadnt of found the one in Tulum I would have been happy with Dreams in Cancun :) One thing I still love more about that resort is the location in Cancun, absolutely perfect!

I am sending out my save the dates at the end of the month! We are just waiting to book our dates....we will be getting the price quotes next week and then booking!! So as soon as thats done we will sending them out. What are you doing for save the dates?

#5 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
          • 112 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Teagan,

I sent my save the dates out! I will post them at some point. I decided to do the boarding pass because when else can you make your own save the dates! And get to make them cute. Everyone loved them. I am a little bit of a dork and invited Cinderella and Mickey and the President because its once in a lifetime. (They send congrats items back to you).

#6 marilili

marilili
            • 200 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

looks like I might have to change my wedding to dreams cancun for January 2013.  What date do you have beachwed?

Does anyone have the room rates they gave them for group?

#7 stefbelle

stefbelle
              • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hey my cousin got married at the dreams Cancun out on the gazebo (the one out on the point with the ocean all around it was beautiful!) It was very private. There was not one single person there that wasn't with the wedding. It is way up off the beach so don't worry!

#8 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
                • 272 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

The Dreams Cancun is lovely!  The wedding gazebo is very private and has a beautiful back-drop view.  Here are a few shots from some recent weddings I had the pleasure of shooting.  Please check out Beach wedding at Dreams Cancun, Mexico.

Beach wedding at Dreams Cancun, Mexico.

Beach wedding at Dreams Cancun, Mexico. Beach wedding at Dreams Cancun, Mexico.

Beach wedding at Dreams Cancun, Mexico.

#9 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
                  • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Dates: January 12, 2013 :)

Quotes:

Deluxe Room   -                         $211 per night/per room/ for 2 adults

Deluxe Ocean Front Room  -  $221 per night/per room/ for 2 adults

Deluxe Dolphin Ocean View - $232 per night/per room/ for 2 adults

Deluxe Dolphin Front View -   $252 per night/per room/ for 2 adults

Club Ocean Front Room -       $232 per night/per room/ for 2 adults

Club Jacuzzi Jr. Suite -             $252 per night/per room/ for 2 adults

I do not know if this is a special rate or standard.

#10 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
                    • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Where did you get your sand ceremony frame, it is beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users