Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jenni if you don't mind how much are you paying the the iPod dock and speakers from JSAV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Can you please let me know how much the bamboo structures with lanterns were? I was thinking of doing those, they look amazing!

 

Thank you!

 

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

 

Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Can you please let me know how much the bamboo structures with lanterns were? I was thinking of doing those, they look amazing!

 

Thank you!

 

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

 

Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

 

Can you please let me know how much the bamboo structures with lanterns were? I was thinking of doing the basic lighting package, but those look so beautiful!

 

Thank you!

 

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

 

Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

 

Can you please let me know how much the bamboo structures with lanterns were? I was thinking of doing the basic lighting package, but those look so beautiful!

 

Thank you!

 

Originally Posted by JenniBassler View Post

We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

 

Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Nicolew412 View Post

 

 

Clarissa Arzola is gone FYI. So Angie may be your better bet.

 

-Nicole

 

 

Thanks guys. I'll make sure to e-mail her directly. 

 

Sofia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Nicolew412 View Post

 

 

Clarissa Arzola is gone FYI. So Angie may be your better bet.

 

-Nicole

 

 

Thanks guys. I'll make sure to e-mail her directly. 

 

Sofia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jenpangi View Post

 

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beach Palace on May 9, 2014 and I'm currently working on setting up a room block for my wedding group.  I've been working with Liberty Travel and they said that I need to pay a $5,000 deposit and can only pay by check in order to reserve the rooms.  I asked why I couldn't pay with a credit card since that's what I used to pay for our wedding deposit.  

 

Does anyone have any advice in regards to the room blocks?  Did you use a travel agent or did you set up your room block directly with the resort?

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Jenpangi!

My wedding is the day after yours so we will definitely be crossing paths!! :)

That is strange that they are asking for such a huge deposit!  I was able to reserve a block of 30 rooms with just a $200/per person deposit for myself and my fiance.  (We used a travel agent located here in Calgary). The reservation block is valid for 90s days and my guests have that timeframe to make their deposits to secure their rooms. We were also able to pay with credit card.  Maybe try a differeny travel agency because $5000 deposit and payment by cheque only is crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jenpangi View Post

 

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beach Palace on May 9, 2014 and I'm currently working on setting up a room block for my wedding group.  I've been working with Liberty Travel and they said that I need to pay a $5,000 deposit and can only pay by check in order to reserve the rooms.  I asked why I couldn't pay with a credit card since that's what I used to pay for our wedding deposit.  

 

Does anyone have any advice in regards to the room blocks?  Did you use a travel agent or did you set up your room block directly with the resort?

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Jenpangi!

My wedding is the day after yours so we will definitely be crossing paths!! :)

That is strange that they are asking for such a huge deposit!  I was able to reserve a block of 30 rooms with just a $200/per person deposit for myself and my fiance.  (We used a travel agent located here in Calgary). The reservation block is valid for 90s days and my guests have that timeframe to make their deposits to secure their rooms. We were also able to pay with credit card.  Maybe try a differeny travel agency because $5000 deposit and payment by cheque only is crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Planning for your wedding involves a lot more than just setting a date, choosing a wedding gown and sending out invitations. Of course, now that you are engaged you are well aware of all the details that go into planning your wedding. Now that you have chosen a venue for your wedding reception, you will need to compose your wedding reception timeline. A lot goes into planning a wedding reception including finding a caterer choosing a wedding cake, making seating charts and so much more! You need to come up with a wedding reception schedule so that everything will go smoothly from start to finish. Starting to feel stressed out? No worries, we have compiled some helpful tips as well as a sample timeline for your wedding reception to give you a guideline.
    • Why don't you contact some of your friends and relatives to see if they know anyone that can help? But you do need to be careful, as not using professionals you may get let down at the last minute and the quality may not be great either. Planning for your wedding involves a lot more than just setting a date, choosing a wedding gown and sending out invitations. Of course, now that you are engaged you are well aware of all the details that go into planning your wedding. Now that you have chosen a venue for your wedding reception, you will need to compose your wedding reception timeline. A friend of mine had her cake made by an aunt and it was absolutely hideous and I have also heard of someone using a relative to take pictures which were also awful!
    • It is almost impossible to throw an engagement party without some engagement party decorations. And, if you are one of those people easily overwhelmed with party preparations, you might need some engagement party decoration ideas to help get you on your way. This curated list of party décor with an engagement theme should be able to provide enough inspiration to help you decide on the type of décor you might need. The prices could even help give you an idea for the budget for our venue décor.
    • Hello! You also might be interested in engagement party invitation etiquette.
    • My wedding date is set for the next month but not found any wedding planner finally got one wedding planner. its very very help for my wedding arrangement thank you indian wedding company
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...