Jump to content

Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#661 TammyWright

TammyWright

    Admin & Owner

  • Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi Jen,

 

You might want to try one of the 

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beach Palace on May 9, 2014 and I'm currently working on setting up a room block for my wedding group.  I've been working with Liberty Travel and they said that I need to pay a $5,000 deposit and can only pay by check in order to reserve the rooms.  I asked why I couldn't pay with a credit card since that's what I used to pay for our wedding deposit.  

 

Does anyone have any advice in regards to the room blocks?  Did you use a travel agent or did you set up your room block directly with the resort?

 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!


Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

 
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
 
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


#662 KristieT

KristieT
  • Jr. Member
  • 430 posts

    Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

    Originally Posted by TinkerSofi 

    I'm wondering if anyone planned a site visit to Beach Palace. I sent them a message through their website but they never got back to me. Is there a better way to get a hold of them to book that? 

    Hi TinkerSofi,

     

    I did!  Try these two ladies: They helped me book mine

     

    Angie Mononnott <amononnott@palaceresorts.com>



    #663 Nicolew412

    Nicolew412
    • Newbie
    • 148 posts

      Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

      Originally Posted by KristieT 

      Hi TinkerSofi,

       

      I did!  Try these two ladies: They helped me book mine

       

       

      Angie Mononnott <amononnott@palaceresorts.com>

       


      Clarissa Arzola is gone FYI. So Angie may be your better bet.

       

      -Nicole



      #664 sthelen517

      sthelen517
      • Newbie
      • 10 posts

        Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

        Originally Posted by jenpangi 

        Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at Beach Palace on May 9, 2014 and I'm currently working on setting up a room block for my wedding group.  I've been working with Liberty Travel and they said that I need to pay a $5,000 deposit and can only pay by check in order to reserve the rooms.  I asked why I couldn't pay with a credit card since that's what I used to pay for our wedding deposit.  

         

        Does anyone have any advice in regards to the room blocks?  Did you use a travel agent or did you set up your room block directly with the resort?

         

        Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

        Hi Jen

         

        I used a travel agent and was able to pay everything by credit card. Contract required $50 per person deposit that gets credited back towards your room cost as folks book. 



        #665 sthelen517

        sthelen517
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

          Originally Posted by brebon21 

          We are using DJ Mannia. $950 for 4 hours!

          I was just going to pack a duffle bag with welcome back items and decorations. That way we can just roll up duffle and toss in our suitcase for the way home. I think it will honestly be cheaper to pay for a bag than shipping to Cancun - I would also worry it wouldn't be there when we arrived.



          #666 sthelen517

          sthelen517
          • Newbie
          • 10 posts

            Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

            Originally Posted by sthelen517 

            I was just going to pack a duffle bag with welcome back items and decorations. That way we can just roll up duffle and toss in our suitcase for the way home. I think it will honestly be cheaper to pay for a bag than shipping to Cancun - I would also worry it wouldn't be there when we arrived.

            "welcome bag items" not back haha



            #667 JenniBassler

            JenniBassler
            • Newbie
            • 48 posts

              Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

              We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

               

              Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?



              #668 KristieT

              KristieT
              • Jr. Member
              • 430 posts

                Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

                Ahhhh so Excited for you!! Dont stress! Everything will work out perfect! I am bringing my dress with me on the plane! I would freak out if it wasn't in my hands! And I paid for an extra hours of reception until 11pm! Somyou def can do it! Have a wonderful time! Congrats! And don't forget to update us when you get back!

                #669 macpolo4

                macpolo4
                • Newbie
                • 15 posts

                  Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

                  Jenni if you don't mind how much are you paying the the iPod dock and speakers from JSAV?



                  #670 likethecookie

                  likethecookie
                  • Newbie
                  • 4 posts

                    Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

                    Hi! Can you please let me know how much the bamboo structures with lanterns were? I was thinking of doing those, they look amazing!

                     

                    Thank you!

                     

                    Originally Posted by JenniBassler 

                    We are leaving a week from Tuesday and I am getting so excited, but feel pretty disorganized too! I am going to get some boxes this week to pack my Welcome Bag goodies, some welcome dinner decor, wedding favors, and such in. Since I won't be bringing this stuff home I can just trash the boxes. Once those are packed and I know I have it all together I think I will start to feel a little more organized. Our wedding is Friday, April 26th. I am doing centerpieces, under table lights, bamboo structures with lanterns, and a dance floor from Zuniga (reception is on the beach), I'm not doing any extra ceremony decor really (sky terrace), and I am just using Ipod and Jambox for cocktail hour (Infinity Terrace). We have about 60 guests and our ceremony is at 5:30, cocktail hour 6:30 and reception 7:30... I know they say outside events are to end at 10, but any past Palace Brides have experience with how strict they were on this? I am hoping they at least let us to until 10:30, 11 would be great! I rented Ipod dock and 2 speakers from JSAV for the reception and paid for 3 hours just in case we can go an extra hour. I am using the complimentary bouquet and boutonniere for me and the groom, but I got bridesmaids & groomsmen's from Marvin @ Maya Floral. He was quick to respond every time and the prices were pretty reasonable. I will give a full review in a few short weeks!! I just got my onsite coordinator last week (Mario) but haven't really had contact. I can't believe the time is already here!

                     

                    Is everyone carrying their dress on the plane? How are you handling that?






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users