Photo

Veil or no Veil?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 brendee2005

brendee2005
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

I never even thought if wearing a veil. Whenbi went o try on dresses and chose my dress I could here everyone outside the dressing room" I can't believe she won't wear a veil". So just to satisfy everyone I came out with the dress and veil. talk about dramatic, everyone was carry....I walked out with a dress & VEIL! Any of you ladies going to wear a veil?

#2 brendee2005

brendee2005
    • 456 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

Oh my, sorry for the typos!

#3 Vanessa56

Vanessa56
      • 72 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

I have never thought about wearing a veil, and I am still not considering it. I am sorry you got those reactions. I personally don't think it's a big deal if you don't wear one.

#4 brendee2005

brendee2005
        • 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

I still think its unnecessary. But of course my mother crying sealed the deal. I will wear it for the ceremony afterwards she can keep it !

#5 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
          • 995 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

i'm wearing a cathedral length veil and a birdcage veil..have two dresses..need two veils.

originally, i wasn't going to wear a veil then Mom convinced me otherwise AND i found a cathedral length veil earlier this year at david's for a steal..so i had to get it and now, i'm ALL about the veil!!!

plus i want pics of the veil blowing in the wind...woo hoo!!!

R~

#6 jmastr05

jmastr05
            • 189 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

I went with no veil. I never wanted one from the start. I knew that I was going to have a 20 minute ceremony beach ceremony, and it just seemed wasteful to spend money on a veil that I'd be wearing for 20 minutes.

Additionally, my destination is very windy. My WC showed me a picture of a girl who insisted on wearing a veil. They had to pin the veil to the back of her dress to keep it from blowing all over the place and disrupting the ceremony. Then the veil shot out horizontally from behind her back where the it was pinned. It looked quite odd in the picture. So this solidified my decision.

#7 capecodder

capecodder
              • 234 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

I'm not wearing a veil either.  Since the beginning of the wedding planning, I decided that I want a flower in my hair and no veil.  I kept thinking about the wind down there and didn't want that distracting me all day long.

#8 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                • 270 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

I'm doing a DIY birdcage veil with a feather/flower/crystal hair clip for the ceremony, then I can just take off the birdcage veil after pics for the reception, and put my flower back in. easy peasy.

I never even considered a longer veil, too much going on for me! I'm klutzy... I would probably get all tangled up in it knowing me!

Holly

#9 brendee2005

brendee2005
                  • 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

The veil I chose in mid length, hits my lower back...the veil in the wind for pics is an awesome idea! Like my mom said, "when will.you wear a veil again?" I responded .." when I get married again!" hahaha...my mother in law didn't laugh!

#10 elainsmith

elainsmith
                    • 72 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

yeah, I think the veil are not a problem, do what you like ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users