Photo

Some of my DIY projects (and other stuff as well)...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 emives

emives
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

I just wanted to post what I have done so far as I am super proud of myself for accomplishing what I have. I never thought I would want to do this much DIY stuff but it's so much cheaper for us and I got what I really wanted.

The invitations:

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

The flowers:

(My bouquet, followed by the BMs)

IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0737.JPG IMG_0738.JPG

Locket for my bouquet (will put a picture of my dad in it). Bought it on Etsy (IMG_0739.JPG

Makeup Brush Roll (for my cousin who is doing my makeup) and little wristlets for the BMs (I'm gonna put their gift in the them):

IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0744.JPG

BMs gift (each necklace is personalized with their initial). Also bought on Etsy (IMG_0747.JPG

And the handkerchief for my mom (IMG_0742.JPG

I have a couple other things done as well (my ring is purchased and I made the guestbook as well) but I didn't take pictures of those. This is pic heavy enough as it is!

Again, just wanted to share - I'm so excited!

#2 charitydawn

charitydawn
    • 157 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

awww fantastic job! Love the hankerchief

#3 ellie0717

ellie0717
      • 193 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

Did you make the makeup brush roll????  I love all your details so much!  They are going to love all the handmade goodness?  If you did make the make-up roll yourself would you mind sharing the pattern/ instructions??  Good Job!

#4 emives

emives
        • 64 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by ellie0717 

Did you make the makeup brush roll????  I love all your details so much!  They are going to love all the handmade goodness?  If you did make the make-up roll yourself would you mind sharing the pattern/ instructions??  Good Job!

Thanks! Yup, I make the makeup brush roll. Wasn't really too difficult (I'm just a beginner sewer). Here's the link to the pattern I used: Roll-up Makeup Brush Case

The only difference (I think) is that I purchased a thin vinyl for the plastic backing (so that the residual makeup from the brushes wouldn't dirty the fabric). If I make another one, I'll use a thicker vinyl. This one was a bit flimsy - but it did the job!

#5 anudrm

anudrm
          • 760 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

Are your flowers silk? They look very realistic in the picture and I am so on the fence about making my own silk ones or just paying the extra for real ones at the resort (that I can't keep )

#6 LindsayR

LindsayR
            • 173 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

Your flowers look great!

#7 capecodder

capecodder
              • 234 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for sharing all the great items you made!!

For the invites, is the starfish cutout a punch?  Do you mind sharing where you got it?  I have been looking for one and no luck yet.

#8 emives

emives
                • 64 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by anudrm 

Are your flowers silk? They look very realistic in the picture and I am so on the fence about making my own silk ones or just paying the extra for real ones at the resort (that I can't keep 

Thanks for sharing all the great items you made!!

For the invites, is the starfish cutout a punch?  Do you mind sharing where you got it?  I have been looking for one and no luck yet.

Yup. It's from Martha Stewart. I couldn't find it anywhere in any store and I had my heart set on it. I think it might be discontinued. I finally found it on eBay. If you can wait until January, I might be able to sell it to you if you like.

#9 anudrm

anudrm
                  • 760 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Your flowers look really good.  I am so afraid of them looking funny in my pics, yet now I'm ready, I'm ready (in my spongebob voice)

#10 nolacruiser6

nolacruiser6
                    • 229 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users