Photo

It started at 60 days.....now it's only 10!!!!

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#21 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

The only other idea I would have for you is to try to cut all of them individually not to sure if this is even possible but it would be very very very tedious.

#22 anudrm

anudrm
    • 760 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

When you put it like that, it does make sense.  Since I styled the shirts to be conversation like, it keeps everything boxed! I like....

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

I WOULD NOT shell out $150.00 for T-Shirts!! It honestly looks like it is supposed to be there because it looks boxed in... if you know what I mean? Because everything is in quotations...!!

I think if it was a picture it would look weird but I think for what yours are with the quotes it looks like that's how it's supposed to be!

#23 Bride2012

Bride2012
      • Banned
      • 442 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hey Selina!

I love reading your planning thread...LOVE LOVE LOVE your invitations and your monogram.  Why would it be $150 to order shirts??? 

Celeste

#24 anudrm

anudrm
        • 760 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hi Celeste!

Thank you kindly!

The quotes that I have been receiving for screen printed shirts have been about $8 a shirt and I need about 14. So I'm on the fence.  Mister Rockafeller (my husband) just wants me to spend spend spend and order everything, like we both bring home 6 figures.  I am not sure how I feel about the iron on shirts, though.

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

Hey Selina!

I love reading your planning thread...LOVE LOVE LOVE your invitations and your monogram.  Why would it be $150 to order shirts??? 

Celeste

#25 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
          • 995 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

girl..you are sooooo on point...LOVE IT ALL!!!! 

so happy to see another DIY bride doin' the DARN THANG!!!!

R~

#26 anudrm

anudrm
            • 760 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have just designed my postcards that I will include in my OOT bags, I will order them when I get home.  Postcards are free on VistaPrint....patience and endurance

#27 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
              • Site Supporter
              • 96 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Wow you are great resource. I love your save the dates! I just read  it to the Fiance. I got an okay, I guess that means he likes it too.

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#28 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

To be perfectly honest, at first glance I did not like the look of the iron on but in the same breath I would NOT shell out the cash for screen printing liek you said....

I wish the iron ons didnt do this because we were going to do the same thing... now that being said.... another bride posted (quoted below) that it looks like it is supposed to be that way which I agree with on second glance!

SO.... my suggestions to make it the best of both worlds.  Create a "Box" that outlines your design... I hope this makes sense but then it will make the rectangle of the iron on look like it was "meant to be" 

If you don't get what I'm saying I will try and explain better but I think it will allow you to save your T-shirts AND save the $$!!!!  It's been a long day so I may not even be speaking english properly lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by anudrm 
                  This is my first t-shirt a complete disaster:

Oh and before I forget, here is our monogram printed on the back of the ivory boarding passes and will be printing on everything from here on out and also our luggage tags.

I WOULD NOT shell out $150.00 for T-Shirts!! It honestly looks like it is supposed to be there because it looks boxed in... if you know what I mean? Because everything is in quotations...!!

I think if it was a picture it would look weird but I think for what yours are with the quotes it looks like that's how it's supposed to be!

#29 anudrm

anudrm
                  • 760 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Trust me when I say, you won't get much more than okay before hand.  Now after everything is said and done, then you'll get a perfectionist with 1000 & 4 opinions, LOL.

Take that okay and run with it!!

Originally Posted by hotlantabride 

Wow you are great resource. I love your save the dates! I just read  it to the Fiance. I got an okay, I guess that means he likes it too.

#30 anudrm

anudrm
                    • 760 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

My flourish is actually a photoshop brush.  If you are familiar with photoshop.  I download a set of calligraphy ornates, I believe that's the proper word and this is the one I liked.

I may be able to save my T-Shirts, Vista is offering me $82 for them but I'm going to hold out and see how low I can go.  

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I love your flourish!!!! Where did you get that?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users