Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tricia

El Dorado Royale Brides

Recommended Posts

I am getting married in May at EDR and was wondering what the EDR brides were doing for Photographers/Videographers? I know this is a sensitive subject. I was just wondering how everyone else is handling this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
I am getting married in May at EDR and was wondering what the EDR brides were doing for Photographers/Videographers? I know this is a sensitive subject. I was just wondering how everyone else is handling this issue.
Elizabeth Medina all the way... If she's available, better check with her now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are bringing our photographers from Edmonton. I am not even bothering bringing up this issue with Lomus. I will put their names down as guests, and leave it at that. They will also be there for more then the 3 'required' nights in case Lomus even makes a stink about it.

But I am interested to see what will happen if this issue is not even addressed with Lomus. - We shall see wink.gif But to be honest - I'm not that worried about it.

I think you should just find the photographer/videographer you really want, and then deal from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OUr photographers will be coming with us and staying the 3 nights, and are also on our guest list.

I have heard that the resort photographer is not that good, and theycharge 500.00 per hour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
We are bringing our photographers from Edmonton. I am not even bothering bringing up this issue with Lomus. I will put their names down as guests, and leave it at that. They will also be there for more then the 3 'required' nights in case Lomus even makes a stink about it.
But I am interested to see what will happen if this issue is not even addressed with Lomus. - We shall see wink.gif But to be honest - I'm not that worried about it.
I think you should just find the photographer/videographer you really want, and then deal from there.
ive done 2 weddings at EDR and have another one scheduled for next year. ive always been on the guestlist and always stayed 3 night cause im traveling from CA. its never been a problem. they wouldnt kick a guest out just cause they had a camera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh miller View Post
ive done 2 weddings at EDR and have another one scheduled for next year. ive always been on the guestlist and always stayed 3 night cause im traveling from CA. its never been a problem. they wouldnt kick a guest out just cause they had a camera.
That's what I suspected. Thanks Leigh! can't wait to see the pics from the next wedding :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
We are bringing our photographers from Edmonton. I am not even bothering bringing up this issue with Lomus. I will put their names down as guests, and leave it at that. They will also be there for more then the 3 'required' nights in case Lomus even makes a stink about it.
But I am interested to see what will happen if this issue is not even addressed with Lomus. - We shall see wink.gif But to be honest - I'm not that worried about it.
I think you should just find the photographer/videographer you really want, and then deal from there.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. I think the consensus is to put your photographer on the guest list, and to see what happens. The "3 day rule" has never been enforced from what I have read or seen. Nobody at Lomas has officially asked us a thing about the wedding photographer. They did mention leaving time for the photographer during our timeline for the wedding day. I simply told them that we weren't planning on using a photographer from the resort, and that our guests would be takng plenty of pictures... :-) Nothing more was said. And if they try to make an issue of it when we're there and mess with my future wife... THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!! smile67.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tricia

 

I too am getting married in May at the El Dorado, whats your date?

 

I couldnt bear to have the resort photographer so I have booked Vanessa Vargus her pics look fab.

 

Although because I caused such a stink with Lomas on the costs of bringing my own photograher I think they have my cards marked, so I think I will deffo have to pay the $500, great!!!

 

Love

 

Millie & George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie & George View Post
Hi Tricia

I too am getting married in May at the El Dorado, whats your date?

I couldnt bear to have the resort photographer so I have booked Vanessa Vargus her pics look fab.

Although because I caused such a stink with Lomas on the costs of bringing my own photograher I think they have my cards marked, so I think I will deffo have to pay the $500, great!!!

Love

Millie & George
I'd still try avoiding the topic, and then add her to your guest list. Worst case scenario is that they make you pay.

Did they specifically tell you what their "policy" is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×