Why did you pick your ceremony location?
Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:36 PM
I picked Casa Del Mar because my fiance and I did not want to stay at an AI and we were more interested in a boutique hotel (www.mexicoboutiquehotels.com was a great reference). Casa Del Mar only has 56 rooms.
We wanted to stay in the corridor, in between both cities. We also liked it because of the hacienda architecture style. And the beach club where the reception will take place is separated from the main hotel, which seems more private.
I have been dealing with their on-site wedding coordinator Claudia Morales, who has been very helpful so far.
I would love to hear from other brides with similar criteria, and those who have also chosen Casa Del Mar.
Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:51 AM
A. Friends were married in Cabo this last year at the Marquis.. it was fantastic, but we didn't want to copy.
B. We wanted to throw a fun bash just private for our friends and family.
C. The views are fantastic.
D. Our friends/family are staying in the same house as us to help with last minute touches.
E. We want the freedom to make the event very different from anything our friends have done in the past.
Cabo San Lucas
October 20th, 2007
Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:20 PM
We chose Las Caletas because it was a little "different" than getting married on the beach in front of a resort. The private beach is only accessible by boat, and it's, well PRIVATE! It's almost like we'll have our own little island for the evening.
Our Caletas Wedding Slideshow (by Leigh Miller)
Our Caletas Wedding Video
Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:41 AM
1. We wanted to get married in Mexico, and we loved the Mayan Riviera when we were there last year.
2. We didn't want to be right in town, but didn't want to be too far away in case any of our guests wanted to visit.
3. Its pretty central to lots of attractions.
4. The grounds look amazingly beautiful, and there was a good choice of ceremony locations, (didn't want to be married right on the beach, but wanted to be able to see it!)
5. We wanted an all inclusive.
6. The food! Even though its all inclusive every meal is a la carte, and it gets really good reviews!
7. The area, there is so much choice for everyones taste in the mayan riviera, whether its nightlife or history lots of activities.
Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:55 PM
Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:36 PM
| Originally Posted by ShannonBoat |
I found this train of posting very helpful! Thank you for the tips!
Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:50 PM
- We just went to an AI wedding in Playa Del Carmen with a large group of friends. Unfortunately the bride and groom (and guests) were disappointed with the service they received (I hear this is not typical, just an unfortunate situation). It sorta turned our group of friends off to the AI idea.
- My parents have a timeshare at the Hacienda Del Mar, so Cabo was our likely choice!
-Our coordinator suggested Cabo Del Sol for these reasons:
Great service, great food, easy for coordinators to work with, convenient to the HDM (right across the street), it is a private facility and we would have the location all to ourselves for the event.
Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:19 PM
We chose the Hotel Finisterra because:
-we wanted to get married in Cabo
-we did not want an AI as we had bad experiences of feeling "trapped" in the past
-we wanted a beautiful sunset-over-the-beach view for the ceremony
-we wanted to keep the base room cost under $200/night
-we wanted a smaller hotel, but had too many guests to do a boutique (originally we were going to do it at The Bungalows but our guest list grew too fast and they can only accomodate 55 pp and only in low season)
-we did not want to be on Medano Beach where all the vendors are
-we wanted to be walking distance from the nightlife in Cabo so our guests wouldn't try to drink and drive or need to spend a fortune on cabs and shuttles
-we loved the Palapita event center next to the beach for a semi-outdoors reception
-we liked that they had their own dedicated wedding coordinator
-and lastly, we thought all their pricing was reasonable in comparison to some of the other non-AI's we looked into
Hopefully it was a good choice - we'll find out in 6 weeks
January 13, 2007
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users