Jump to content

Photo

Post your centerpieces here


  • Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#651 Brenners

Brenners
  • Member
  • 807 posts

    Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

    Thanks for posting that Tori.  I am torn between buying here and transporting versus buying down there.  I don't want to run around buying items down in Mexico but I don't want to lug tons of decorations around either....



    #652 torilynnsmith

    torilynnsmith
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,748 posts

      Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

      Oh!!! You're getting married in mexico... I wish I could remember where I read it, if I come across it again I will definitely send you the link but one girl bought her hurricane vases at a market (i think) 10 mins from her resort for like NOTHING!! Now that I think of it, it may have been on this thread!  I am getting married in DR and unless I hear about someone else buying there and can plan for it in advance I would be too nervous I would be disappointed when I couldn't find what I wanted.  If you can get a referral from someone I would say BUY THERE! soooooo much less stress!



      #653 Brenners

      Brenners
      • Member
      • 807 posts

        Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

        With all of these threads it is so hard to keep all the information straight sometimes! lol  I will do a little research to find that information.  I don't know anyone who has gotten married in the DR but have you checked online because there might be a Sam's Club or a Wal-Mart that might sell what you are looking for?
         

        Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

        Oh!!! You're getting married in mexico... I wish I could remember where I read it, if I come across it again I will definitely send you the link but one girl bought her hurricane vases at a market (i think) 10 mins from her resort for like NOTHING!! Now that I think of it, it may have been on this thread!  I am getting married in DR and unless I hear about someone else buying there and can plan for it in advance I would be too nervous I would be disappointed when I couldn't find what I wanted.  If you can get a referral from someone I would say BUY THERE! soooooo much less stress!



         



        #654 Chapa

        Chapa
        • Newbie
        • 88 posts

          Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:40 AM

          I sent my WC an inspiration pic with the limes and they just did it.

           

          Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

          I love the lemon or lime idea but where do you find real fruit at your destination? This may be a stupid question but I need help!!!!



           



          #655 Chapa

          Chapa
          • Newbie
          • 88 posts

            Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:43 AM

            I rented vases for like $5 a piece from the resort. It isn't the cheapest option but beats having to bring down.

             

            Originally Posted by Brenners 

            Thanks for posting that Tori.  I am torn between buying here and transporting versus buying down there.  I don't want to run around buying items down in Mexico but I don't want to lug tons of decorations around either....



             



            #656 torilynnsmith

            torilynnsmith
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,748 posts

              Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

              Chapa, where did you get married?  

               

              I wonder if my resort rents vases, we found great ones for $2 but I would almost rather pay the $5 and not worry about bringing them down!



              #657 Chapa

              Chapa
              • Newbie
              • 88 posts

                Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

                I was married at Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, Mexico. I would imagine most resorts that hold weddings would rent vases if asked.

                 

                Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                Chapa, where did you get married?  

                 

                I wonder if my resort rents vases, we found great ones for $2 but I would almost rather pay the $5 and not worry about bringing them down!



                 



                #658 roxy1122

                roxy1122
                • Site Supporter
                • 137 posts

                  Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

                  To respond to your question about DR having a Wal-Mart or Sam's Club, not in Punta Cana, which is one of the most popular resorts/DW spots in the DR in my opinion and experience so far reading this forum :) From what I know, their closest supermarkets are in the town nearby called Higuey but that is about an hour away, but nothing to the scale of a Walmart. I got quoted a ridiculous sum of money for centerpieces at my resort and that is why I am bringing my own centerpieces.

                   

                  I plan to bring them on carry-on and my friends and family members are willing to help carry them on as well in their carry-ons since I will be taking about 6 sets of centerpieces. It's a 4 hour plane ride so it's not like they are traveling for that long and as long as we secure them well and pack carefully, they should make it ok. that's the plan!
                   

                  Originally Posted by Brenners 

                  With all of these threads it is so hard to keep all the information straight sometimes! lol  I will do a little research to find that information.  I don't know anyone who has gotten married in the DR but have you checked online because there might be a Sam's Club or a Wal-Mart that might sell what you are looking for?
                   



                   



                   



                  #659 torilynnsmith

                  torilynnsmith
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,748 posts

                    Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

                    Thanks roxy! I think I am going to carry mine on too! Between ourselves, family and bridal party I think we can definitely make it work! I am only going to bring 5-6 centre pieces anyways so I should be fine!!!   I also dont wanting me wasting my vacation search for somewhere in Punta Cana that sells vases!



                    #660 Ms Di

                    Ms Di
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 153 posts

                      Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

                      Such pretty ideas.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users