Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

I think I want to do Lemons for mine. :o) Thanks girls

#642 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

This is so pretty!!

Originally Posted by roxy1122 

Here are my DIY centerpieces. My main color is tangerine...the flowers and marbles I got from Michaels and the vases from Amazon. Oh and inside each vase I am putting submersible LED lights in an amber color to light them up, will post pics of them lit up when I have them!

Spring mix 2011 005.jpg

Spring mix 2011 008.jpg

#643 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Very pretty.  Its what I wanted but I can't do candles outside. :(

Here are my DIY centerpieces. My main color is tangerine...the flowers and marbles I got from Michaels and the vases from Amazon. Oh and inside each vase I am putting submersible LED lights in an amber color to light them up, will post pics of them lit up when I have them!

Spring mix 2011 005.jpg

Spring mix 2011 008.jpg

#644 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

I love the lemon or lime idea but where do you find real fruit at your destination? This may be a stupid question but I need help!!!!

#645 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'm just guessing here but I would think the restaurants at your resort would have some.  I would ask your wedding coordinator if that is doable. 

Or maybe just run down to the local market and buy some when you get there.  =)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I love the lemon or lime idea but where do you find real fruit at your destination? This may be a stupid question but I need help!!!!

#646 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Thanks sxcT, I thought about just getting them from the resort but wasn't sure if they would do that! I will email my WC and see what she says!!

#647 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
              • 594 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

This is the same type of centerpieces that I want for our wedding. The florist quoted me $100 per table for these which to me is CRAZY!!! My fiance is apprehensive about traveling with our own vases to Jamaica because he fears they may break. How many vases are you and your fiance taking with you and how do you plan on securing their safety?

Spring mix 2011 005.jpg

Spring mix 2011 008.jpg

#648 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Islandgirl - our dollar store has similar vases right now for $2 a piece.  We think we're going to pick up those, wont be sad leaving them behind and also if a few get broken.  I am thinking we will bring a few extras just in case. 

I remember reading someone saying they carried on their decor.  Do you think they would allow you to carry on vases?

#649 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                  • 594 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Torilynnsmith girl I wonder the same. I wish people who have been down this road before would give feedback, but it seems most brides no longer log onto this forum. My wedding is soon to be 3 months away and this is one of my biggest must take of tasks right now.

#650 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Found this thread

http://www.bestdesti...10#post_1611998

Hopefully I did this right, never posted a link to another thread before.  If it's not right just search transporting glass vases.  It looks like I will be carrying them on.  They aren't huge so I am thinking a carry on roller suitcase for each FI and I and we should have it covered!

Hope this helps you Islandgirl!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users