Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#601 Nan

Nan
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Brenners 

There are some great ideas here.  One word of caution when using tall vases, keep in mind that guest will have difficulty conversing with one another across the table with the vase and flowers in the way.  I was at a wedding several years ago and could only speak to the individuals to my immediate left and right as the huge vase full of hydrangeas obscured my view of anyone else at the table.

I have seen several questions as to how the decorations will be transported to the wedding but maybe skipped the pages where this was answered.  Are you bringing them with you or are you sending them to the resort in advance?  If shipping then how much will it cost and if bringing with you, are you packing a separate box/bag and checking it?

Thanks everyone!

Brenners:

You are right about the tall vases! I will keep that in mind for mine! The fantastic thing is that my WC suggested recycling my ceremony bouquet and my BM´s  flowers to be used as decoration or even centerpieces for the cocktail and dinner party, thus reducing my flower budget significantly! 

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#602 Brenners

Brenners
    • 807 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

Nan that is a good idea.  I also like that your WC is trying to help you find ways to reduce costs.  That is a TRUE sign of a good WC who is looking out for your best interests!  That is great!

#603 melfaybik

melfaybik
      • 187 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi!

Thanks Kitty25967!  We will be ordering these flowers with the vases from our resort. I don't think the vase will be the same but it will be similar (I hope). :)  We will be using real flowers for this. 

EVERYONE:  Do you think it will be hard to see people across the table with these vases?

Do you know where in Cancun there is a good place to buy vases?  We want to bring the flowers back to our room after the reception and need to buy vases because our resort does not allow us to take the vases. 

Do you know what kind of orcids are in this arrangement?

THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by kitty25967 

Pretty ~ I like this alot.  How would you get the glass there?  Would you use real touch flowers for this?

#604 melfaybik

melfaybik
        • 187 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Here are the centerpieces I was talking about in my post below.

Hi!

Thanks Kitty25967!  We will be ordering these flowers with the vases from our resort. I don't think the vase will be the same but it will be similar (I hope). :)  We will be using real flowers for this. 

EVERYONE:  Do you think it will be hard to see people across the table with these vases?

Do you know where in Cancun there is a good place to buy vases?  We want to bring the flowers back to our room after the reception and need to buy vases because our resort does not allow us to take the vases. 

THANK YOU!!!

#605 kitty25967

kitty25967
          • 320 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Well, after many weeks spent working on centerpieces.....and buying/returning flowers etc, my mom has finally convinced my just to go with real flowers and let the resort handle it.  She said she will help me with the extra costs. Yay!  This takes a huge weight off my shoulders with packing and planning!  I am still taking my own table runners and probably some candles (though they will probably be pointless in the long run since we have an open air type dining and they prob won't stay lite).  I am also printing my own menu cards, table numbers, and placecards. 

#606 SweetLe

SweetLe
            • 97 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

Kitty25967,

You could always do LED flickering candles. I'm planning to do these, wrapped in luminaries as part of my centerpieces. They will stay lit :)

June 24th, 2011- The day I marry my best friend...
              Royal Playa del Carmen
              20+ Bride and Groom and Counting!

#607 Brenners

Brenners
              • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

Melfaybik, from the pictures they look narrow enough that they should not be a problem.  The wedding I attended had wide vases and the greens were overhanging which led to the problem with seeing and speaking to anyone else around the table.

Originally Posted by melfaybik 

Hi!

THANK YOU!!!

#608 rachey82

rachey82
                • 20 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

@melfaybik  

They are gorgeous! Looks like they are only full at the top, so no worries :)

#609 lopey99

lopey99
                  • 159 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

wow some beautiful ideas here!!

#610 Anna22

Anna22
                    • 95 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hey Guys!  I just used an amazing centerpiece for my shower. 

Here is a link to some pics!  (if you have issues with the link go to www.picasa.com and search for the album - - BECOMING MRS. KATZ  Some really great Ideas in here.

I used Conch Shells with fresh flowers for centeripiece. 

Mini Palm Trees with Swedish Fish Stuffed in them

Sand Dollar Seating Cards

Sea Horse Candles. 

It was cute (or so I think)  Enjoy Hope You Get Some Good Ideas From It.

https://picasaweb.go...TheBridalShower#

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users