Jump to content

Photo

Bride purse....


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

    Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nat4crim
    This is going to sound like a pretty strange question but what would a bride need a purse for? Who would hold it for you during the ceremony? Would you carry it all night with your bouquet as well? What would you put in the purse? Maybe I am missing something? Do I need a purse? Sorry for the strange questions.
    I want one for lip gloss and maybe powder and just because I love purses.

    I will not carry it down the asile, someone will hold it for me. And I will have it at the reception to have stuff in. Where we are having dinner is really far away from the room.

    But, you are totally right, its not needed at all. I just want one.

    #32 MsShelley

    MsShelley

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

      Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

      right more for the reception... lipgloss, mirror, powder....

      #33 *JillD*

      *JillD*
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,112 posts

        Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:35 PM

        same for me, I want powder, lipstick or gloss, maybe some perfume, (I love to replenish my perfume) I'll probably have my mom take it to the ceremony for me and I'll have it for the reception.

        #34 PaulaV

        PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

          Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

          My MOH and I talked about someone else carrying the things I may need in their purse since we are getting married on the resort.

          I too love purses and I would love this one:
          Perfect Details;handbags:handbags for wedding, Wedding handbags, Wedding Accessories, Bridal Accessories, beaded handbag, evening bag, wedding purse, bridal purse, bridal handbag

          So I haven't totally discounted the idea, but it is a lot for a purse I won't use very often...

          #35 MsShelley

          MsShelley

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

            Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:23 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PaulaV
            My MOH and I talked about someone else carrying the things I may need in their purse since we are getting married on the resort.

            I too love purses and I would love this one:
            Perfect Details;handbags:handbags for wedding, Wedding handbags, Wedding Accessories, Bridal Accessories, beaded handbag, evening bag, wedding purse, bridal purse, bridal handbag

            So I haven't totally discounted the idea, but it is a lot for a purse I won't use very often...
            that is beautiful, Paula, but that is a lot of money to spend...

            #36 PaulaV

            PaulaV
            • VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

              Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride
              that is beautiful, Paula, but that is a lot of money to spend...
              I agree! I don't know if I should really have one or not.
              If I did buy this one, I could use it again :P
              okay okay, I could also use that much money on something else.

              #37 KarenON

              KarenON
              • Newbie
              • 19 posts

                Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

                I wasn't sure if I would use a purse, not sure what I would put in it, thanks for the suggestions, it's a good idea to have powder and lip gloss. I have my grandmother's white silk and bead purse, it's small with a silver short chain strap, it would be perfect. Thanks ladies, so many good ideas on here!

                #38 dragonfly

                dragonfly
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,820 posts

                  Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nat4crim
                  This is going to sound like a pretty strange question but what would a bride need a purse for? Who would hold it for you during the ceremony? Would you carry it all night with your bouquet as well? What would you put in the purse? Maybe I am missing something? Do I need a purse? Sorry for the strange questions.
                  It is not a strange question at all. I had a purse that my mom bought for me and I never saw it once. I left our room which was very close to the wedding venue, and when I wanted to freshen up before the reception I just went to my room. After that I didn't need anything. None of my girlfriends carried purses, afterall it was one of the joys of having the wedding where we were all staying. I asked Everton to put my DR.Pepper lip gloss (the perfect natural lip colour for the beach) in his pocket, it was all I needed all night.

                  #39 LCBride2007

                  LCBride2007

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

                    Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nat4crim
                    This is going to sound like a pretty strange question but what would a bride need a purse for? Who would hold it for you during the ceremony? Would you carry it all night with your bouquet as well? What would you put in the purse? Maybe I am missing something? Do I need a purse? Sorry for the strange questions.
                    since i don't wear makeup (well, on my wedding day i guess i did!) i didn't need it for makeup. but i did carry my insulin and chap stick (my personal addiction!) in there - and i think that's about it. someone else kept an eye on it until the reception, and then it sat on my table, then someone else kept an eye on it again - probably kelley or Nicole (WCs). since we weren't at a resort - or anywhere close to civilization, to be honest, i needed somewhere to put the "essentials," namely, my insulin. and it was really an excuse to buy a cute accessory - i'm not normally an accessory girl!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users