Photo

Show Us Your ***TRASH THE DRESS*** dress!

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#171 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaCat802 

Do you have the link for your dress? I absolutely LOVE it! I'm looking for something similar for my AHR but don't want to spend a ton of $$!

Here is the similiar link I found- itcomes from China so I don't know that you have time as I see you are getting married in November- but the delvery date does say Oct so you may be fine.  Just so you know the dress looks like what you see on me and not like the model- I orderedit as is and the color was whtie not champagne like their picture. http://www.ebay.com/...7#ht_5636wt_959

PM Me if you have any questions! :)

#172 JenniferM

JenniferM
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Wow it looks almost fake it's so perfect. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrecife DR 

For the last trash the dress we made, the bride used her REAL dress. The golden sunrays matched beautifully the first sun rays. It was amazing :)

#173 sky186

sky186
    • 155 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

wow wow wow amazing TTD cant wait to do it myself

#174 oohuyenoo

oohuyenoo
      • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

I brought two dresses, which one should I wear for the ceremony and which one should I trash??????

Dress1 :

Dress 2

#175 sky186

sky186
        • 155 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

I brought two dresses, which one should I wear for the ceremony and which one should I trash?????? Dress1 : Dress 2

Wear the top one trash the bottom one both lovely dresses tho

#176 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
          • 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

I freaking LOVE Altos de Chavon. I originally wanted to get married there but it was such a headache. I love the rustic charm and like how you used it for your TTD instead of the beach. Great, unique idea and that was awesome of you to donate your dress. My mother would die if I had. I needed it for my AHR so I couldn't but its a great gesture. It's sitting in my closet taking up space and I'm like "with am I supposed to do with this? hahahaha"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancouver Bride 

Trash the Dress in La Romana Dominican Republic

at Alto de Chavon

It was SO much fun! I donated my dress to a women's charity at Dreams Resort. They dryclean it for free and give it to a local bride!

Heres my TTD dress =) A whopping....$150! Woohoooo

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#177 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
            • 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Your pictures are unreal! So ethereal. I agree, the TTD was my favorite part of our trip- even more so than the wedding because it was an intimate moment after we were already married with the stress of the wedding behind us and we got to be ourselves and have fun and we surprised our family- no one knew we were doing it! I told my mother I was going to but she told me I was not allowed to trash my dress because it was custom made, not quite cheap, she paid for it, and I had to wear it to my AHR. I knew if she knew I was serious about trashing it, she would convince me not to, so I did it behind her back lol. In the end she was ecstatic about the pics! You look like a mermaid. I wish we could have taken underwater pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kllyjansen 

I used my real wedding dress for our TTD shoot... we went to cenote caves which was crystal clear fresh water.  The dress was cleaner after the TTD shoot than it was at the end of our wedding night!  For any on the fence about doing this, I encourage you to ABSOLUTELY DO IT!  In an amazing week full of fun, it still managed to be the highlight.

I got my TTD dress at Davids Bridal on SUPER SALE! It was 100% polyester, which turned out to be perfect because it didn't absorb water!

Such a great idea! I always thought that the trash the dress was your actually wedding dress but this sounds like a much better option!

#178 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
              • 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

I love this thread! The TTD was my favorite part of our wedding week- right up there with the wedding itself. I thought long and hard about trashing my dress and no one thought I should- including my husband. We both wore custom.  He WOULD NOT trash his actual "james bond" suit. It was navy blue so that made sense because I think the salt water would have stained it. He bought a knock off suit in navy blue that looked similar to his for $120, and in the end, that suit came out perfectly fine anyway.

I however, could not find a suitable knock off. My mom refused to let me trash my dress so we didn't tell anyone we were going to. We just did it LOL. I absolutely love my pics there's no way I could just pick one so here are a few of my favorites. 

I wore my dress again at my AHR. I'm including a pic of us at our AHR for all the brides worried about trashing their actual dress. I did it with blind faith hoping for the best, but now I'm living proof for all you ladies on the fence about trashing yours because you're worried you'll ruin it. I had an intricately beaded dress with full roses on the bottom and the sand got everywhere. The dress was so heavy I could not move and thought I would be carried out to sea lol. At one point the photographer, my husband, and the best man had to help me up. My husband could barely support me for the picture where he dipped me hahahahahaha.

We found this huge log while walking along the beach and it served as the perfect prop

It took several takes to master this shot. 

The after picture at our AHR- See? Perfectly fine after being "trashed" 

#179 1Pris

1Pris
                • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I love this thread! The TTD was my favorite part of our wedding week- right up there with the wedding itself. I thought long and hard about trashing my dress and no one thought I should- including my husband. We both wore custom.  He WOULD NOT trash his actual "james bond" suit. It was navy blue so that made sense because I think the salt water would have stained it. He bought a knock off suit in navy blue that looked similar to his for $120, and in the end, that suit came out perfectly fine anyway. I however, could not find a suitable knock off. My mom refused to let me trash my dress so we didn't tell anyone we were going to. We just did it LOL. I absolutely love my pics there's no way I could just pick one so here are a few of my favorites.  I wore my dress again at my AHR. I'm including a pic of us at our AHR for all the brides worried about trashing their actual dress. I did it with blind faith hoping for the best, but now I'm living proof for all you ladies on the fence about trashing yours because you're worried you'll ruin it. I had an intricately beaded dress with full roses on the bottom and the sand got everywhere. The dress was so heavy I could not move and thought I would be carried out to sea lol. At one point the photographer, my husband, and the best man had to help me up. My husband could barely support me for the picture where he dipped me hahahahahaha. We found this huge log while walking along the beach and it served as the perfect prop It took several takes to master this shot.  The after picture at our AHR- See? Perfectly fine after being "trashed" 

Wow! Amazing! I loved your TTD pics! I am so on the fence about trashing my dress since I will also wear it at my AHR but I think you just convinced me! I can just imagine your mothers face when she saw your dress after the photoshoot! Hehe What other tips do you have after you've finished w the photo session? How do I care for my dress? Thanks for your feedback!

#180 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
                  • 243 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

Great!! It's nice to know you got a lot of use out of your wedding dress then 1 night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users