different idea for a guest book

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 noelles

noelles
  • Site Supporter
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

I have been scrapbooking our history and adding info about the planning, the trip to see the resort, the invites etc, and I came up with the idea to scrap the guestbook pages, this seemed like a fabulous idea until I realized what a time consuming project this was going to be, so I took some time and figured out how to make a digital scrapbook page, I used a program called printmaster mostly because it was cheap and seemed to have the most options, its not exactly user friendly, but I managed to get around it fairly well.  It is a broderbund program if you are interested.  Anyway I have the first of 40 layouts I will be doing and thought I would share the idea, it seemed to work fairly well and i am excited about how it will fit in with the scrapbook I am doing for the whole experience

guest book-001.jpg

February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

21 booked and counting

#2 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:35 AM

Very cool!! I have also been looking for something unique and different for my guest book. I think i may end up using shutterfly.

#3 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

I picked up printmaster a few months back at the beginning of my planning process because I thought it would help with all my design projects, I found it REALLY tough to navigate, you weren't able to do everything I expect and it was a SLOW program!  I am glad to see you were able to get it to work for you!

#4 brendee2005

brendee2005
        • 456 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

Very nice!

#5 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
          • 206 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

The page you came up with is beautiful...love the design.

Originally Posted by noelles 

I have been scrapbooking our history and adding info about the planning, the trip to see the resort, the invites etc, and I came up with the idea to scrap the guestbook pages, this seemed like a fabulous idea until I realized what a time consuming project this was going to be, so I took some time and figured out how to make a digital scrapbook page, I used a program called printmaster mostly because it was cheap and seemed to have the most options, its not exactly user friendly, but I managed to get around it fairly well.  It is a broderbund program if you are interested.  Anyway I have the first of 40 layouts I will be doing and thought I would share the idea, it seemed to work fairly well and i am excited about how it will fit in with the scrapbook I am doing for the whole experience

guest book-001.jpg

#6 noelles

noelles
            • Site Supporter
            • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Oh I made up new swear words in the process, and it is really hard to figure out, once I had the basic idea though things started flying, I have to produce 40 of these so I am glad the pace picked up.  It is also persnickity with the printer, but happy they look as good as they do

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

I picked up printmaster a few months back at the beginning of my planning process because I thought it would help with all my design projects, I found it REALLY tough to navigate, you weren't able to do everything I expect and it was a SLOW program!  I am glad to see you were able to get it to work for you!

21 booked and counting

#7 noelles

noelles
              • Site Supporter
              • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

note to sllefebvr, we had my sisters wedding at beaches negril, it is gorgeous I have pics and the pro shots from the wedding if you want to take a peek hit me on facebook or msn and I can share

21 booked and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users