Hi there Jenna1511 welcome aboard!
Hi Ladies! I'm getting married at this paradisus resort as well and just wanted to say hi and I'm excited to get answers to these questions as well! Im looking forward to sharing ideas with each other! I booked blue lens too for pics!
The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)
Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:41 AM
Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:20 PM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:11 AM
Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:00 AM
Sorry for the late post here...back to work and craziness. Thank you very much for the compliment. Congratulations! I'm sure your special day will be just as perfect. As for your questions:
1) Flowers - I gave Perla a list of everything I wanted; so bridesmaid bouqets, bouts for the groomsman plus my uncle and dad, corsages for the moms, 4 centerpieces, and rose petal aisle..all of that was around $650.
2) Extra's - They did not charge me for anything extra for set up as decor is included in your package. BTW, I brought fans with programs attached, menus, moracas, and a cake topper. We purchased the Aqua package, but didn't want the Aqua color scheme as my colors were coral, sand, brown, and gold. They simply revised the colors at no charge. We paid extra for the cigar roller, and additional people as Aqua only covers 24 people and we had 34.
3) Weather/bugs - 5 pm on the Bridge was fine during the ceremony, there is actually a breeze but because it's July (rainy season in Mexico) it was HUMID. BUT --- Very important, The resort is sorrounded by a mangroove, the mesquito's were out in FULL force during our stay (we were there for 9 days)! Trust me...it was bad. I wish I had put mesquito repelent in my OOT gift bags...
I think you will need to check what the weather is normally like in May.
Hope this helps....I added a few more pics below..
Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:30 AM
No worries on the questions...Believe me I was stressed about the wedding until the actual event:
1) Blue Lens - We picked 3 hours and a CD of all pics - The package was $1500. Honestly, I wish I had gotten 5 hours. I originally thought 3 hours was going to be enough, but it would have been nice to have more pics. Also, we wish we had gotten a videographer. That would have been worth it.
2) Yes, we walked around La Perla and it is beautiful. Originally, I wanted La Palapa, however, because of the heat and the misquitos I opted for Hadar. And, I don't regret it at all. It was a better choice for us, everyone loved it and best of all it was private. Also, with the cigars, the guys were able to step outside by the bar and smoke. I think you need to check on what the weather will be like for your wedding that will help you decide.
3) Cigar roller/extras - The cigar roller was about $300, you book all of the extras through Paradisus, they coordinate all of it for you. When you work with Veronica she will provide you menu options, the cost for the DJ, flowers, and other extras like a rose petal aisle. When you get to about 45 days before the wedding, they will send you a final invoice for payment so by the time you get there, everything is already done.
4) Fireworks - I love the idea of fireworks and Dorremixx has an option for cold fireworks that can be done indoors, however, Paradisus doesn't allow it. We wanted to light chinese lanterns on the beach after the reception but they told me they would not allow it. Honestly, I feel as though if we just brought them and went down to the beach instead of asking it would have been fine. I hope you can arrange fireworks with them.
5) RSVP - We requested RSVP's by May 1 for our July 7 wedding. Honestly, I did not give the resort a final headcount until 2 weeks before because we had some last minute changes. The resort was very flexible on everything. Just ask for what you want.
6) Rehearsal dinner - One thing you didn't ask about but need to arrange is your rehearsal dinner. They have options for a private dinner which costs extra, I think they quoted me $35 per person. Or, you can do a semi private at one of the other restaurants, they will tell you they accomodate up to 20 ppl, but I would say negotiate with them. If you've booked a lot of rooms (we booked 14 rooms) they should be able to work with you. We booked Vento after much negotiating
Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:46 AM
We chose the Aqua package because it was a sit down dinner. We changed the colors to match our color scheme. You need to contact Perla directly and provide her with ideas on what your decor vision is like, and explain exactly what you will need for the wedding party and event, she is a dream to work with. I emailed her several times with pics and ideas. She will give good recommendations based on your budget. Keep in mind flowers are expensive in Mexico. I chose the Mexican calilies and they were beautiful. We used them for the bridesmaids bouquets and for the centerpieces which were cylinders with calilies and a candle.
Lastly, the resort is definately pricey but worth it. Some of our guest complained about the price, and some could not afford to make the trip, but trust me, for those that did, they said it was definately worth the money.
Congratulations and best wishes!
Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:02 PM
Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:48 PM
Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:19 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users