Jump to content
KerriCornell

The new Paradisus Playa del Carmen (La Perla and La Esmeralda)

Recommended Posts

Hello All,

 

I just got engaged 2 weeks ago and am in the process of looking into resorts in the Playa del Carmen area and came across the Paradisus Esmiralda/La Perla.  The resort looks amazing and I'm reading some pretty great reviews on this website.  

 

I do have an off beat question to ask though.  I know that it's an all-inclusive resort, but what type of liquor do they serve?  I've stayed in some resort where their "top shelf" is NOT the same as U.S. top shelf.  If anyone can shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

 

Truthfully it may make a difference if I book my wedding here or not.  I've been to a destination wedding where the liquor was not what I was used to drinking and got sick from drinking it.  So basically for the past 7 days I was SOBER! sad.gif LOL.  Totally not something I want to have happen to my guests on my wedding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by newlyengaged13 View Post

 

Hello All,

 

I just got engaged 2 weeks ago and am in the process of looking into resorts in the Playa del Carmen area and came across the Paradisus Esmiralda/La Perla.  The resort looks amazing and I'm reading some pretty great reviews on this website.  

 

I do have an off beat question to ask though.  I know that it's an all-inclusive resort, but what type of liquor do they serve?  I've stayed in some resort where their "top shelf" is NOT the same as U.S. top shelf.  If anyone can shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

 

Truthfully it may make a difference if I book my wedding here or not.  I've been to a destination wedding where the liquor was not what I was used to drinking and got sick from drinking it.  So basically for the past 7 days I was SOBER! sad.gif LOL.  Totally not something I want to have happen to my guests on my wedding.  

 

I just looked on tripadvisor, and I noticed a pic someone took of M Bar.  In the picture is Belvedere and Grey Goose vodkas, so I think the top shelf is premium.  I am unsure if you need to be Royal Service to have those.  You may want to email the girls in Miami on this.  Hope this helps a little =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I just inquired to the Miami office for a couple of questions before booking, and I felt as if they were not very polite. Does anyone have any feedback to the Romance Team they say you will be working with? If this is a reflection of the supposed team I would be working with I am going stop with pursuing this resort all together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Girls

I am having my wedding on friday june 28th , I feel so disconnected with the resort , I am 3 months away and i have not gotten anything finalized yet except for my audio video and photos .  Does anyone else feel this way ? I did work with Jessica in Miami and she was great getting us the info we needed but have no clue what is next ! the Decor department is a mess and not only are the charging me outrages prices for things but they never get back to me !

 

anyone else getting married that weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maylin6282013 View Post

 

Hi Girls

I am having my wedding on friday june 28th , I feel so disconnected with the resort , I am 3 months away and i have not gotten anything finalized yet except for my audio video and photos .  Does anyone else feel this way ? I did work with Jessica in Miami and she was great getting us the info we needed but have no clue what is next ! the Decor department is a mess and not only are the charging me outrages prices for things but they never get back to me !

 

anyone else getting married that weekend?

 

Did you have your planning call with Jessica yet?  I think that is the next step.  You have a form to fill in with a lot of details, and that prepares you for the call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by HeatherDriggers View Post

 

Hello! I just inquired to the Miami office for a couple of questions before booking, and I felt as if they were not very polite. Does anyone have any feedback to the Romance Team they say you will be working with? If this is a reflection of the supposed team I would be working with I am going stop with pursuing this resort all together.

 

hmmmm I did not have that experience.  I spoke with Marilyn at first and was then passed off to Jessica.  They have been easy to work with for me.  I think the system may feel confusing (it did for me) because they don't really begin planning with you until 4 months prior, so you are kinda on your own.  Basically, I have spent the time doing everything except the details of the ceremony, etc. which I think I will pick up with Jessica when we do our planning call.  They told me that as long as I had the dates and locations booked, I was good for now. The girls at the resort are fabulous and very helpful as well.   I hope this helps you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maylin6282013 View Post

 

Hi Girls

I am having my wedding on friday june 28th , I feel so disconnected with the resort , I am 3 months away and i have not gotten anything finalized yet except for my audio video and photos .  Does anyone else feel this way ? I did work with Jessica in Miami and she was great getting us the info we needed but have no clue what is next ! the Decor department is a mess and not only are the charging me outrages prices for things but they never get back to me !

 

anyone else getting married that weekend?

Hi Maylin I am scheduled to get married July 5th, the week after you,  I had my planning call with Jessica and she gave me perla's email as well as the company that would handle audio and visual and have yet to hear back from either. I emailed Perla twice and her collegue Adriana. I have not even recieved quoted for the flowers or decorations I was interested in so I have no idea what the costs will be, that part is daunting. They have charged my credit card 4k towards the aqua package so they have no problem taking your money but are really lacking in terms of communication. This hasnt felt like a seemless transaction but I am trying to hang in there, I feel disconnected as well. Let me know how your experience is going and if communication is improving on your end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting married here May 4th. We will have 3 children as part of the wedding party, limiting where we can have our rehearsal dinner. They have suggested The Market. We went to the resort a couple months ago, but I don't remember The Market. Did anyone do their rehearsal there? Does anyone have anything to say about how it is, or have any pictures?? Thanks!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jennmariegarcia View Post

 

Hi Maylin I am scheduled to get married July 5th, the week after you,  I had my planning call with Jessica and she gave me perla's email as well as the company that would handle audio and visual and have yet to hear back from either. I emailed Perla twice and her collegue Adriana. I have not even recieved quoted for the flowers or decorations I was interested in so I have no idea what the costs will be, that part is daunting. They have charged my credit card 4k towards the aqua package so they have no problem taking your money but are really lacking in terms of communication. This hasnt felt like a seemless transaction but I am trying to hang in there, I feel disconnected as well. Let me know how your experience is going and if communication is improving on your end.

 

HI Jenn

Congrats!!!  how exciting ! we will probably be there around the same time , i am getting married on the 28th , i had my planning call with Jessica already and i dont think i will have another one , since i already planned out my events , times , venue etc... i did have to pick the menu already and that was a bit challenging but i worked it out .  Jessica has been great i have to say.   as far as Perla this is what i did ,dont get me wrong when you get her attention she is great and she will work with whatever you want.   get ready to pay though the flowers and decor is quite pricey.   I had the same problem as you and was not getting a response back until i told jessica to please to try to help and get her to return my calls in a timely manner .  that seemed to work not sure if you want to try the same appoach.   Here is the guy for the video audio  , he will get back to you because he is the one that handles that particular resort.  his contact  is : JSAV Riviera Maya" <salesrivieramaya@jsavmexico.com>   I have a bunch of pictures of the resort if you girls need it just send me you email address in a private message and i will send them to you .

Hope this helps !

good luck with everything !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×