Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#3371 candacey

candacey
  • Newbie
  • 48 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Very nice! I love the blue cura§ao color!

#3372 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
  • Jr. Member
  • 315 posts

    Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

    Originally Posted by candacey 

    Very nice! I love the blue cura§ao color!

    Thanks!! My sis (and MOH) found the deal and brought it up to me, it was perfect for the different body types etc. We got the purple :) Loved the blue as well, we wanted to think about sweat etc, and to be safe (and knowing purple would be in our wedding lol) we went with purple!



    #3373 candacey

    candacey
    • Newbie
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 10, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
    • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

    Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

    Ah yes, the sweat factor! lol! The purple is beautiful too... I am just thinking my bridesmaids will wear blue. On another note, thanks for starting the fitness thread! I had a baby girl 7 weeks ago, so need to get back in shape by next January. It is tough to find time though, as I also have a 3 year old son! But I am working on it... As much as I can. Oh, and I also have my Masters in Counselling!

    #3374 MrsShoreytobe

    MrsShoreytobe
    • Jr. Member
    • 315 posts

      Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

      Originally Posted by candacey 

      Ah yes, the sweat factor! lol! The purple is beautiful too... I am just thinking my bridesmaids will wear blue. On another note, thanks for starting the fitness thread! I had a baby girl 7 weeks ago, so need to get back in shape by next January. It is tough to find time though, as I also have a 3 year old son! But I am working on it... As much as I can. Oh, and I also have my Masters in Counselling!

      Oh wow Candace, that is amazing! Good for you, were you seeing clients before you had your baby (e.g. all finished with your supervision hours?). 7 weeks ago, you must be so happy :) (and tired? lol). I am sure your body will work hard for you to be where you'd like by January. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? 



      #3375 MelB2012

      MelB2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 182 posts

        Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

        Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

        Hi ya'll!

         

        I am looking into invites and was wondering what info you put in YOUR invites. 

         

        I know we will need 

        - the main invite card

        - the insert for RSVP

        - an insert for travel and accomodations

         

        If any of you have a word doc etc of ALL DETAILS you included, I'd love to see it! I want to ensure I put in all pertinent info for the invites, just don't want to leave anything out. 

         

        Also, if any of you are in canada, what was the cheapest invite company you found?

        I am looking into wedding paper divas and Ann's Bridal bargains. I've also found cool ones on zazzle....

         

        THANK YOU!

        Hey MrsShorey,

         

        I got passport invites made, as the company I found was easy to work with and cost effective. I live in Ottawa, and she was local, but she showed me examples of invites she made for brides all over. The company is "You've Been Posted." I was very lpeased with the final product and the price could not be argued with.



        #3376 MrsShoreytobe

        MrsShoreytobe
        • Jr. Member
        • 315 posts

          Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

          Originally Posted by MelB2012 

          Hey MrsShorey,

           

          I got passport invites made, as the company I found was easy to work with and cost effective. I live in Ottawa, and she was local, but she showed me examples of invites she made for brides all over. The company is "You've Been Posted." I was very lpeased with the final product and the price could not be argued with.

          Wonderful thank you! I found an awesome toronto company but she doesn't ship :(

           

          I am checking these guys out now!



          #3377 MrsShoreytobe

          MrsShoreytobe
          • Jr. Member
          • 315 posts

            Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

            Originally Posted by MelB2012 

            Hey MrsShorey,

             

            I got passport invites made, as the company I found was easy to work with and cost effective. I live in Ottawa, and she was local, but she showed me examples of invites she made for brides all over. The company is "You've Been Posted." I was very lpeased with the final product and the price could not be argued with.

            Hey Mel! Wow this gallery is beautiful! did you go with one of her invites she has on her online gallery? I will send my contact info to her and see what we can work out in terms of a meeting. 



            #3378 ironman

            ironman
            • Jr. Member
            • 320 posts

              Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

              Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

               

              Also, if any of you are in canada, what was the cheapest invite company you found?

              I am looking into wedding paper divas and Ann's Bridal bargains. I've also found cool ones on zazzle....

               

              THANK YOU!

               

              We used wedding paper divas for our save the dates and really liked them. They often have coupons though, so make sure you're on their mailing list, or order some samples and they'll include a coupon with the samples. We did the "Homespun Leaves" postcard.

               

              I think we're going to wait until after our engagement photos to do our invitations. That's IF we do invitations at all. We sent STDs (haha I laugh every time I abbreviate that) to all of our guests, and the majority of people just wrote us back in email saying they're NOT coming. I don't know if I should bother sending them an invite, send them to just those we haven't heard from, or sending invites to everyone and having to face a ton of people writing back again telling me they're not coming. I know it's not personal, DWs are expensive, but it still hurts (especially from people that I've paid to travel to their weddings for). So bottom line, I'm still debating on this one.

               

              Did you decide on a resort?



              #3379 DinaQtobe

              DinaQtobe
              • Jr. Member
              • 450 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

              Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

              Originally Posted by ironman 

               

              We used wedding paper divas for our save the dates and really liked them. They often have coupons though, so make sure you're on their mailing list, or order some samples and they'll include a coupon with the samples. We did the "Homespun Leaves" postcard.

               

              I think we're going to wait until after our engagement photos to do our invitations. That's IF we do invitations at all. We sent STDs (haha I laugh every time I abbreviate that) to all of our guests, and the majority of people just wrote us back in email saying they're NOT coming. I don't know if I should bother sending them an invite, send them to just those we haven't heard from, or sending invites to everyone and having to face a ton of people writing back again telling me they're not coming. I know it's not personal, DWs are expensive, but it still hurts (especially from people that I've paid to travel to their weddings for). So bottom line, I'm still debating on this one.

               

              Did you decide on a resort?

               

              My mom has been really big on me sending out invitations - even though many have said they can't come.  She made me send out SaveTheDates too (though I was able to do those by e-mail).  My wedding is in November and I haven't sent out the invitations yet.  I am aiming for June.  I was able to pick up invitations at Hobby Lobby for a grand total of 30$ for 50 invitations.  They are nice, though I will have to print them myself. 



              #3380 TinkerSofi

              TinkerSofi
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,217 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
              • LocationCanada

              Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

              Originally Posted by kissta 

              Hello Fellow Canadian Brides!

               

              We are getting married on 11-11-13 at the Paradisus Punta Cana.

               

              I need some help! Does anyone know where to find either clear or turquoise square, plastic/acrylic vases?
              I am making my own centrepieces and can't seem to find ANY! I've checked Michael's, Solutions, Loblaws/Superstore ... and online.

               

              If anyone has found some, would you mind letting me know from where?
               

              Greatly appreciated!! Congrautlations to everyone :)

               

              Ideal measurements: 5" x 5" x 5"

              How about making them? There's a pretty easy (or at least so it seems) tutorial somewhere on pinterest. i've linked you to my pinterest one. I'm not sure if it'll work but if it doesn't just go on pinterest and search painted vase. There's lots of ideas although they all take a similar approach



              event.png

               

               





              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users