Originally Posted by missroxy
What are you girls planing on giving as favors ? If I do OOT bags, should I also give them wedding favors ?
ahhhhhhhh so much going on in my head right now hahaha
We're doing a few small things as our way of saying thanks - both with gifts and an experience.
- A welcome gift: a small photo album with a welcome/thank you letter from my FI and I, a map of the Suites that we personalized with our own events, and an itinerary of our planned events over the week. The welcome letter invites them to fill their album with photos of the wedding/trip afterwards...and we plan to send everyone a photo to include in it with our wedding thank you cards.
- Bubbles and fans at the ceremony
- Jerk seasoning and Blue Mountain coffee favours at dinner
- Wish lanterns at beach party following dinner
- 2 hr catamaran cruise the day after the wedding
Our thinking behind everything was:
a) we have a small group (27 incl us) so we deemed we could afford to do all of this
we didn't want to have to cart 25 OOT bags of stuff with us, along with all the other decor items we're already bringing
c) it was important for us to reflect us, our interests/personalities: photography (photo albums), bubbles (childhood nickname, plus they're fun and will pretty for photos!), and we're foodies (jerk and coffee)
d) this entire trip is really about creating a memorable experience with our friends and family, hence the catamaran cruise (read: likely not something they'd treat themselves to)
Hope this helps!