Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1861 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ottawa is a lot of things, mild in the winter is not one of them lol. 

Originally Posted by amjohnson 

I agree! I am from Alberta but I lived just outside of Toronto for a few years when I was longer. There is something to be said about mildly yet cloudier winters. Which is why we are seriously looking at moving to Ottawa!

#1862 bride6262

bride6262
    • 582 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

ok so i have looked into some of the photogs in jamaica and unfortunately Merrick Cousley is all booked up, but marcia roberts and stacey clarke are both free...... but i dont know which one to pick!! you ladies have any suggestions?? also did either of them give you a discount or are you paying package price?

Marcia Roberts sent me this :

Here's your package outlined: 
       Photography coverage includes bride getting dressed, ceremony & photo-session. 
       2 Cd's with over 400 Hi-Res images 

A complimentary photo-montage telling your wedding story edited with music
       2)Two Photographers 
       Wedding Gallery upload (optional)
       DHL-delivery,two weeks after event.  
       Hotel vendor's fee-we pay
       $1,550.00 USD  

Reception coverage 
      (cake cutting, first dance etc)
      $200.00 USD 

Videography Services 
      Cinematography coverage
      2 professionally edited DVD Video 
      $700.00 USD 

Hardcover magazine type page photo-book
      " 11 x 8.5 "
      50 pages
      $350.00 USD

Trash The Dress- Second Day shoot ( Off- Resort- Dunn's River)
      ( Artistic pictures of bride & groom in & out of water)
      $450.00 USD
      (required to pay entrance fee off-resort location for you and spouse only)

Stacey Clarke Sent me this:
      DIVINE LOVE
      UP TO 3 HOURS ON LOCATION
      PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT FREE CD, PHOTO
      SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING & DELIVERY
      $1375us

TERNAL LOVE
      UP TO 5 HOURS ON LOCATION
      PHOTOGRAPHY, ALL IMAGES HIGH RESOLUTION EDITED ON A COPY RIGHT CD, PHOTO
      ADD PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) $200US
      $1895us

CHERISHED LOVE
      8 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
      $2595us

ULTIMATE LOVE
      UP TO 10 HOURS ON LOCATION (CAN BE SPLIT OVER 2 DAYS)
      SLIDE SHOW, ONLINE VIEWING, WEDDING ALBUM, PHOTO STATION (2 HOURS) & DELIVERY
      $3195us

so what do you think???

#1863 kat2012

kat2012
      • 602 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

It is pretty expensive, do u have vendor fees at RIU?

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

ok so i have looked into some of the photogs in jamaica and unfortunately Merrick Cousley is all booked up, but marcia roberts and stacey clarke are both free...... but i dont know which one to pick!! you ladies have any suggestions?? also did either of them give you a discount or are you paying package price?

2)Two Photographers 
         $1,550.00 USD  

Reception coverage 
        $200.00 USD 

Videography Services 
        Cinematography coverage
        $700.00 USD 

" 11 x 8.5 "
        50 pages
        $350.00 USD

$450.00 USD

DIVINE LOVE
        $1375us

TERNAL LOVE
        $1895us

CHERISHED LOVE
        $2595us

ULTIMATE LOVE
        $3195us

so what do you think???

#1864 atalanta

atalanta
        • 326 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hi Krysta,

Sorry to read that Merrick is all booked up. That is who I would recommend. Between Marcia Roberts and Stacey Clarke, I would choose Stacey Clarke. I have read wonderful things about Marcia's personality, but also that her assistant takes most of the pictures. There are times that she seems more like she's overseeing than in fact having two photographers. I've also seen some not so great pictures from her. There's a bride on the Iberostar Beach pages a few pages back who was not really happy with her pictures. The bride blamed herself, but I just wondered whether the photographer who is actually capturing the moments are not also responsible.

I have only read a few things about Stacey Clarke but all were really positive.

Hope this helps.

2)Two Photographers 
           $1,550.00 USD  

Reception coverage 
          $200.00 USD 

Videography Services 
          Cinematography coverage
          $700.00 USD 

" 11 x 8.5 "
          50 pages
          $350.00 USD

$450.00 USD

DIVINE LOVE
          $1375us

TERNAL LOVE
          $1895us

CHERISHED LOVE
          $2595us

ULTIMATE LOVE
          $3195us

so what do you think???

#1865 bride6262

bride6262
          • 582 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

who did you use for pics again? and what did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

and yes there is a $350 vendor fee at RUI. marcia said she covers it but stacey clarke doesnt mention it. so i emailed and asked her.

Originally Posted by kat2012 

It is pretty expensive, do u have vendor fees at RIU?

Thanks for the help..... i am so torn over what to do now.... i feel a little hopeless right now. i am trying to find all the research i did before but cant seem to so now i have to start from scratch.

Originally Posted by atalanta 

Hi Krysta,

Sorry to read that Merrick is all booked up. That is who I would recommend. Between Marcia Roberts and Stacey Clarke, I would choose Stacey Clarke. I have read wonderful things about Marcia's personality, but also that her assistant takes most of the pictures. There are times that she seems more like she's overseeing than in fact having two photographers. I've also seen some not so great pictures from her. There's a bride on the Iberostar Beach pages a few pages back who was not really happy with her pictures. The bride blamed herself, but I just wondered whether the photographer who is actually capturing the moments are not also responsible.

I have only read a few things about Stacey Clarke but all were really positive.

Hope this helps.

#1866 kat2012

kat2012
            • 602 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

I flew girl from Petawawa to the resort and she took our pics in exchange of 5 day vacation. She did full coverage of the wedding and TTD next day. I paid 1290 and I got about 15G of pics to go through now. And she gave me all the raw and edited pics in 2 weeks after the wedding

who did you use for pics again? and what did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

and yes there is a $350 vendor fee at RUI. marcia said she covers it but stacey clarke doesnt mention it. so i emailed and asked her.

Thanks for the help..... i am so torn over what to do now.... i feel a little hopeless right now. i am trying to find all the research i did before but cant seem to so now i have to start from scratch.

#1867 carsns38

carsns38
              • Site Supporter
              • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie 

Boooooooo! to me being slow. Where did you purchase them if you don`t mind my asking. I figured I can find parasols in various colors in China Town, but the only place I`ve seen that has paper lanterns in Walmart, and it`s about 4.88 for 2.

We bought our Paper Lanterns from Asian ideas.  http://www.asianidea.../lanterns2.html They have great prices, but they get you on the shipping/duty/taxes.  They turned out great and they had quite a few colours and sizes to choose from.  Sometimes certain colours are out of stock.  Just keep checking in.

#1868 luvmoo

luvmoo
                • 503 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi Krysta, 

I am sooo sorry you are going through this so close to the wedding... that is horrible... and i hope they get what is coming to them... that is aweful... but the brides on here are right.. it WILL work out for you!!!! 

I get married in one month.. and i am using Misha Earle.. she will work with your budget.. and she is absolutely amazing to work with so far.. her work is beautiful.. and she has a way to make you feel really comfortable etc... i am soo happy we picked her.. so maybe give her a try too!! she has a website... so google her :) 

would any ladies that got married in Jamaica suggest their photogrpaher?? if so which one is he/she?

#1869 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

I did the same Krysta...i brought my photog from Ottawa. Paid his way in exchange for wedding pics, TTD pics, and another random photo shoot for hubby and I. you may have luck with that as the winter is not as busy for photogs in Canada 

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#1870 bride6262

bride6262
                    • 582 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

wow! does she have a website??

Originally Posted by kat2012 

I flew girl from Petawawa to the resort and she took our pics in exchange of 5 day vacation. She did full coverage of the wedding and TTD next day. I paid 1290 and I got about 15G of pics to go through now. And she gave me all the raw and edited pics in 2 weeks after the wedding

thank you....it definetly sucks but i am trying to be positive....i will check her out for sure!

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

Hi Krysta, 

I am sooo sorry you are going through this so close to the wedding... that is horrible... and i hope they get what is coming to them... that is aweful... but the brides on here are right.. it WILL work out for you!!!! 

I get married in one month.. and i am using Misha Earle.. she will work with your budget.. and she is absolutely amazing to work with so far.. her work is beautiful.. and she has a way to make you feel really comfortable etc... i am soo happy we picked her.. so maybe give her a try too!! she has a website... so google her :) 

that's is what i am hoping for! hopefully someone at a decent price is still available....

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

I did the same Krysta...i brought my photog from Ottawa. Paid his way in exchange for wedding pics, TTD pics, and another random photo shoot for hubby and I. you may have luck with that as the winter is not as busy for photogs in Canada 

Back to Brides Roll Call

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users