Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
trivera5521

Any 2013 Brides Out There?!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies, 

 

re: 2013 Resort Pkgs 

 

I was able to get some prices for Paradisus Punta Cana & Barcelo Bavaro Palace. If any of you would like to review it for personal use email me and I will forward you the attachments. 

 

evapeguero620@gmail.com

 

thanks

Eva 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay more 2013 brides. We are pretty sure dominican republic is going to be where we are going. Before we go to a TA we are going to do a lot of picture creeping. We also want it to be very affordable for our family and friends.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, my FI and I just signed up for salsa and merengue dance lessons starting this Jan. hopefully we'll be able to show off some of our new moves in the DR!! Need something else to pass the time seeing as it's still too early to start any kind of planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like so much fun! Wish I could convince FI to do that. :)

I don't know though, we have been doing some early planning already. 

Oh, and FI and I set up our website this past weekend. We are not distributing it to family/friends until we are booked, but I think it will work. We showed to it a couple people for feedback purposes, and that seems positive, so woohoo! Wedding websites in and of themselves are fairly rare in my family, so I guess they do not realize how simple it is! 
 

Originally Posted by philanab View Post

Hi ladies, my FI and I just signed up for salsa and merengue dance lessons starting this Jan. hopefully we'll be able to show off some of our new moves in the DR!! Need something else to pass the time seeing as it's still too early to start any kind of planning.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also started working on my wedding website... it's looking better and better every day! I am thinking of sending save the dates this Oct. I did something simple its a postcard with only the month, year, location and our website info all on the sand with a starfish... not the actual wedding day or the resort as all that is still in the works... but I want to allow my guests as much time as possible to plan. I will then send an official one when we book the resort. 

I was able to buy 300 postcards at www.postcards.com for $42.15 with shipping included - and that's with 2-sided printing because I included our address on the back side of the postcard... this is under .15 a pc... they only sell in increments of 100, 300, 500+ but it looks really nice and I can't wait to get feedback :) 

I'll try my best to upload a pic for you girls to see...  

 

xo 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great deal! Wow, 300.... originally I was ging to send a std to everyone and then invites only to the likelyto come ones, but after some discussion and drama, w are only going to send both to likely to come ones.... I am NOWHERE near 300.... hell, I am nowhere near 50!
 

Originally Posted by Eva1love View Post

I also started working on my wedding website... it's looking better and better every day! I am thinking of sending save the dates this Oct. I did something simple its a postcard with only the month, year, location and our website info all on the sand with a starfish... not the actual wedding day or the resort as all that is still in the works... but I want to allow my guests as much time as possible to plan. I will then send an official one when we book the resort. 

I was able to buy 300 postcards at www.postcards.com for $42.15 with shipping included - and that's with 2-sided printing because I included our address on the back side of the postcard... this is under .15 a pc... they only sell in increments of 100, 300, 500+ but it looks really nice and I can't wait to get feedback :) 

I'll try my best to upload a pic for you girls to see...  

 

xo 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peach!

I'm no where near 300 either but i'm over 100 so I had no choice but to order more... lol

What's good about a small group is how much you can plan and put together for them :)

When you look at it that way trust me you'll be happier than you think!

Have you started thinking about your oot bags?

I'm thinking about starting to buy some things... I can't wait... figure I get rid of some of the small things while I can!

 

happy planning!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we are definitely going to have a very small group.... family drama is dictating that, but it will be great for sure!

I do not think we are doing the whole OOT bag thing, but we are doing something similar. We are picking up Bubba kegs for everyone, and filling them with little things; mostly a couple bandaids, a deck of cards ("two of a kind"), hand sanitizer, aloe, maybe lip balm with sunscreen.... most of the people coming travel quite a bit, so they won't really use everything in a typical oot bag. so I am going to keep them pretty simple. I did start a welcome book, passport style, with games and puzzles in it, so that is fun. And I am putting together bags for each of the parents and bridesmaids, which I have started.

We have a couple bubba kegs, but until we have a better idea of the number coming, I do not think we will get them all. 

If you are looking for OOT ideas though, I founds some items at Michaels, last week, all summer-y; 3 for $1. I found some fabulous things for my bms there; that might be a great idea for OOT stuff, if it is still there.

And I agree totally - why not cross some things off the lists now? :)

 


 

Originally Posted by Eva1love View Post

Hi Peach!

I'm no where near 300 either but i'm over 100 so I had no choice but to order more... lol

What's good about a small group is how much you can plan and put together for them :)

When you look at it that way trust me you'll be happier than you think!

Have you started thinking about your oot bags?

I'm thinking about starting to buy some things... I can't wait... figure I get rid of some of the small things while I can!

 

happy planning!!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh fun! Yay! It is interesting how some resorts are booking now, and some not for months... Hmm... Wish mine did a little earlier, though I can book soon!
 

Originally Posted by Bruuning17 View Post

Hi 2013ers!  We just booked our date at the resort!!! Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica - June 17, 2013.  I'm so excited!  Now I can start working on our save the dates!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×