Sign in to follow this  
trivera5521

Any 2013 Brides Out There?!!!!

Hi Ladies, 

re: 2013 Resort Pkgs 

I was able to get some prices for Paradisus Punta Cana & Barcelo Bavaro Palace. If any of you would like to review it for personal use email me and I will forward you the attachments. 

evapeguero620@gmail.com

thanks

Eva 

Yay more 2013 brides. We are pretty sure dominican republic is going to be where we are going. Before we go to a TA we are going to do a lot of picture creeping. We also want it to be very affordable for our family and friends.

Hi ladies, my FI and I just signed up for salsa and merengue dance lessons starting this Jan. hopefully we'll be able to show off some of our new moves in the DR!! Need something else to pass the time seeing as it's still too early to start any kind of planning.

That sounds like so much fun! Wish I could convince FI to do that. :)

I don't know though, we have been doing some early planning already. 

Oh, and FI and I set up our website this past weekend. We are not distributing it to family/friends until we are booked, but I think it will work. We showed to it a couple people for feedback purposes, and that seems positive, so woohoo! Wedding websites in and of themselves are fairly rare in my family, so I guess they do not realize how simple it is! 

Originally Posted by philanab View Post

Hi ladies, my FI and I just signed up for salsa and merengue dance lessons starting this Jan. hopefully we'll be able to show off some of our new moves in the DR!! Need something else to pass the time seeing as it's still too early to start any kind of planning.

I also started working on my wedding website... it's looking better and better every day! I am thinking of sending save the dates this Oct. I did something simple its a postcard with only the month, year, location and our website info all on the sand with a starfish... not the actual wedding day or the resort as all that is still in the works... but I want to allow my guests as much time as possible to plan. I will then send an official one when we book the resort. 

I was able to buy 300 postcards at www.postcards.com for $42.15 with shipping included - and that's with 2-sided printing because I included our address on the back side of the postcard... this is under .15 a pc... they only sell in increments of 100, 300, 500+ but it looks really nice and I can't wait to get feedback :) 

I'll try my best to upload a pic for you girls to see...  

xo 

What a great deal! Wow, 300.... originally I was ging to send a std to everyone and then invites only to the likelyto come ones, but after some discussion and drama, w are only going to send both to likely to come ones.... I am NOWHERE near 300.... hell, I am nowhere near 50!

Originally Posted by Eva1love View Post

I also started working on my wedding website... it's looking better and better every day! I am thinking of sending save the dates this Oct. I did something simple its a postcard with only the month, year, location and our website info all on the sand with a starfish... not the actual wedding day or the resort as all that is still in the works... but I want to allow my guests as much time as possible to plan. I will then send an official one when we book the resort. 

I was able to buy 300 postcards at www.postcards.com for $42.15 with shipping included - and that's with 2-sided printing because I included our address on the back side of the postcard... this is under .15 a pc... they only sell in increments of 100, 300, 500+ but it looks really nice and I can't wait to get feedback :) 

I'll try my best to upload a pic for you girls to see...  

xo 

Hi Peach!

I'm no where near 300 either but i'm over 100 so I had no choice but to order more... lol

What's good about a small group is how much you can plan and put together for them :)

When you look at it that way trust me you'll be happier than you think!

Have you started thinking about your oot bags?

I'm thinking about starting to buy some things... I can't wait... figure I get rid of some of the small things while I can!

happy planning!!

Yeah we are definitely going to have a very small group.... family drama is dictating that, but it will be great for sure!

I do not think we are doing the whole OOT bag thing, but we are doing something similar. We are picking up Bubba kegs for everyone, and filling them with little things; mostly a couple bandaids, a deck of cards ("two of a kind"), hand sanitizer, aloe, maybe lip balm with sunscreen.... most of the people coming travel quite a bit, so they won't really use everything in a typical oot bag. so I am going to keep them pretty simple. I did start a welcome book, passport style, with games and puzzles in it, so that is fun. And I am putting together bags for each of the parents and bridesmaids, which I have started.

We have a couple bubba kegs, but until we have a better idea of the number coming, I do not think we will get them all. 

If you are looking for OOT ideas though, I founds some items at Michaels, last week, all summer-y; 3 for $1. I found some fabulous things for my bms there; that might be a great idea for OOT stuff, if it is still there.

And I agree totally - why not cross some things off the lists now? :)

Originally Posted by Eva1love View Post

Hi Peach!

I'm no where near 300 either but i'm over 100 so I had no choice but to order more... lol

What's good about a small group is how much you can plan and put together for them :)

When you look at it that way trust me you'll be happier than you think!

Have you started thinking about your oot bags?

I'm thinking about starting to buy some things... I can't wait... figure I get rid of some of the small things while I can!

happy planning!!

Oh fun! Yay! It is interesting how some resorts are booking now, and some not for months... Hmm... Wish mine did a little earlier, though I can book soon!

Originally Posted by Bruuning17 View Post

Hi 2013ers!  We just booked our date at the resort!!! Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica - June 17, 2013.  I'm so excited!  Now I can start working on our save the dates!!