Help Me Pick My Beach Wedding Dress!!!!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 jscowger

• 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

I vote for dress B, It looks like it would be more comfortable and more light weight. but either way you go, they both look absolutely gorgeous on you  :)

#52 dshane

• 42 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

I'm a lace girl, so I like Dress C.  But you look great in all three dresses.

#53 kthun

• 74 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

Dress C is stunning!! Love it

#54 FutureMrsF

• 151 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

My first choice was B but since you ruled that out I'd go with A. I love the back!

#55 mdcoug

• 128 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

I love the way you look in dress A.

#56 AldrichES

• Banned
            • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Love Dress A. the dress fit perfectly and looks great on!!!

#57 Julietisurs

• 261 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi Ladies!!!

I wanted to give you all an update on what's been going on with my dress picking. Its been a heck of a ride let me tell ya!

So a recap..Dress A:

Ruffle Dress.JPG

This is my dream dress. I felt sexy, sweet and flirty in it all at the same time. I knew it was the ONE… but I didn’t buy it.

The dress was $2,500. The numbers on the dress wouldn’t allow me to enjoy wearing it...for just one day even though it was my wedding day.

I went to every bridal store in the Dallas area and tried on about 30 more wedding gowns, each pretty gown I compared it to The One. I realized NO other dress could hold a candle to it. I made up my mind, the next day after work I was going buy THE DRESS.

The Next Day Comes...
                Ok, I have my dress set to buy after work. Now I need a wedding photographer for bridal and groom portraits on the beach.

I have been reading up a TON of wedding blogs & forums on here.

Brides ranked Del Sol Photography as the #1 to hire. My brother and uncle are photographers too, their work is beautiful so the wedding is pretty much covered but I still peeked at their so called "ranked #1 work".

My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw their Underwater Trash The Dress photos. Here is a sample…

Their style is sexy, sweet and flirty...AND I WANT THIS! It is just something you can’t buy in Dallas, Texas.

I emailed them for a quote…and it was as a little more than Dress A. This time I didn’t hesitate.

I booked them as soon as I could. Now what the heck was I going to do about a dress?!... I'll deal with that later.

Come next Monday on my lunch hour I decided to go back to a dress shop I’d previously been to JUST TO LOOK. Their dresses are high end and my dress budget just went to Del Sol Photography. LOL!  Dress budget now is $1,000. That day the salon was starting to pack up their sample sale dresses from over the weekend. I LUCKED OUT!

I found this Justin Alexander dress for $300. It was spot clean and fit me like a glove!

JC Full Front.JPGJC Side Full Back.JPG

The onsite seamstress said that since it was also a mermaid dress she could make it a low back and put ruffles in it like my Dress A for another $285! My dream ceremony dress only cost me $585, I couldn’t believe it.

I told dress shop owner that I am having 2 receptions after and can’t wear my ceremony dress for the underwater and she pulled another Justin Alexander dress from the sample rack.

JC TTD - Bling Top.JPGJC TTD - Full Front.JPGJC TTD - FULL BACK.JPG

I nervously asked her how much it was…$150!

I wanted a V-neck or sweetheart neckline so the seamstress said she could do that for $65.

Two dress, one lunch hour = $800. Hallelujah!!!!

Thank you ladies for all of your advice, in a way I got both dresses :)

#58 monicak

• 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

I love dress A!!!!

#59 Mayanbride

• 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

dress A, the train is stunning.

#60 Mayanbride

• 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

wow, your second dress will look amazing under the water because it is very light and romantic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users