Photo

Beautiful Wedding Location - Beach Club Cafe

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
  • 923 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

I'm so happy to be here in beautiful Nassau again! I meant to post before I left but you know how that goes! I arrove here on Satuarday and attended a beautiful wedding at the Sheraton in cable beach. Everything was very well coordinated - I think because they're locals they had the ceremony in the ballroom and the reception was on the other side of the ballroom. The hotel is gorgeous.. I thought it was distracting the photographer walked behind the minister and the couple numerous times - note to self have them a little less in the way... if your interested he was a very nice photoggrapher - he did a mini shoot for us - he charges $1500 for a package including videography and photography...pm me if you'd like his information.

So when I was here in April I fell in love with the Beach Club Cafe as a wedding/reception location.. http://www.beachclubcafebahamas.com/ 

It's beautiful to me because it's all white and neutral and is very beachy and very close to my personal design style... I'm anxious to go check out the resort across the street because my fi says it's not that great but it's the most convenient... I'm here till next week if you guys want pictures or want me to check out anything let me know! Take care!

#2 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
    • 923 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Ok some notes for OOT Bags:

• cold bottles of water are everywhere and only $1.00 snacks are not and if they are they are not cheap
      • bug spray is a requirement! (They are tearing me up! I didn't have this problem before)

Also you will sweat..bahamians believe sweating out toxins is what's responsible for their clear and unwrinkled young skin.. so just plan for it - theres no way around it :)

#3 skp1

skp1
      • 405 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

so true.  I had no idea how sparse the supermarkets would be - I compared it to a US supermarket the day before a snow storm is predicted.  If I had to do it again, the I'd buy all the snacks at home and put them in the suitcase (of course nothing that could melt in the under belly of the plane though).  The price is so bad that it would almost be less to pay the extra baggage fee than to buy the snacks in the Bahamas.

And oh boy did I sweat!

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#4 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
        • 923 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Oh I just realized I forgot to share my wedding location with you guys! I actually found it in April when I went. I'm so excited about it because it's netural and shabby chic and looks a lot like my personal style.

BCC_hppic1.jpgBCC_hppic9.jpgBCC_hppic2.jpgBCC_hppic6.jpg

#5 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
          • 923 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

BCC_hppic4.jpgBCC_hppic5.jpgbahamas146.jpgBCC_hppic81.jpg

Those were all from the site and here's some personal ones 

DSCF3841.JPGDSCF3847.JPGDSCF3845.JPG

#6 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
            • 923 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

DSCF3842.JPGDSCF3844.JPG

#7 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
              • 923 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

This trip I was supposed to check out the resort across the street but that didn't happen..I'll probably end up using it anyway because it's so close but FI says it's nothing special - we'll see...on the other side of the inlet (I think it's called) is the poop deck (the more american version) and I'm thinking it will be good for the welcome dinner

#8 skp1

skp1
                • 405 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

It looks beautiful Dominique!  I love the setting and the view is spectacular.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#9 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                  • 995 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

its lovely, dominique..love the classic 'white' decor and rustic beachy vibe!

CONGRATS on choosing a lovely setting for your big day!!

R~

#10 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
                    • 127 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

great venue, dominique!

I love the gazebo out on the water!  where will you have your ceremony?

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users