Photo

Advice from fellow Calgary/Alberta Brides!!!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 luvmoo

luvmoo
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Oh i work up by there!! Thanks anne i will check it out!! :) I am even thinking of just going to try on styles at a few sops find the style that looks good on me, and then just order online myself.. for a quarter of the price! but we will see how it goes. heheh Thanks again!

#12 JMikla

JMikla
    • 189 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Try Blissful Bridal just off Macleod Trail.  There are some 500-800 that are perfect for a destination wedding.  My second choice was there but I bought my dress in the states.

If you can head to Great Falls, I think there is a David's Bridal there.  I got my $599 dress on sale there for $399

:)  Good luck!

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
      70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#13 daisymable

daisymable
      • 278 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

Depending on how formal you are planning to go... the BCBG outlet store sometimes has beautiful long white dresses that are perfect for a destination wedding. 

#14 luvmoo

luvmoo
        • 503 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

Thanks Ladies!!! ;)

#15 lianee

lianee
          • 86 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

If you're willing to make the trek up to Edmonton, there's a woman who operates a wedding dress consignment business out of her basement.  It's called Urban Bride Delivered (go to www.urbanbridedelivered.com or look them up on Facebook for current pictures of dresses in stock).  I went there last night, tried on maybe 5 dresses and found a dress I love.  It hadn't been altered, nor do I need to make any significant alterations to it.  I paid for it and brought it home last night.  You might be able to find better prices on eBay or Kijiji, but I would still recommend checking out this place.  

#16 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'm from Winnipeg, which doesn't help you exactly - but for my dress it was a sample.  They had gotten the dresses in and the designer (Le Sposa) went bankrupt or something in North America. So it was a brand new sample for 50% off.  So I got a beautiful dress brand new for around $500. 

Most bridal places I've been (at least the bigger ones) had sample racks (at least in the spring). You might be able to find something good there.

#17 amjohnson

amjohnson
              • Site Supporter
              • 340 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

Oh i work up by there!! Thanks anne i will check it out!! :) I am even thinking of just going to try on styles at a few sops find the style that looks good on me, and then just order online myself.. for a quarter of the price! but we will see how it goes. heheh Thanks again!

HI luvmoo,

I am not sure if you got your dress yet but I also suggest Urban Bride, the owner is Christine and she knows her stuff. Another option, which I didn't plan on doing is buying your dress in the States at David's Bridal or if you can make a trip for some reason to Toronto, they have two stores there. We went to Vegas in March and I was just going to look and only buy if I found the dress...well three hours later, I came out with the dress and only paid 650$...satin dress, Galina, bead work. It would have costed well over 1000$ here in Canada. They had a lot of other nice dresses for under 500$. A drive to Spokane for the weekend may well be worth it!

Good luck!

#18 JMikla

JMikla
                • 189 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

What size are you?

I bought a dress in the states that I am now selling. BRAND NEW. I bought a different one, totally changed my mind, even though I loved the first dress it wasnt the silhouette I wanted.

PM me for details if you are interested.  It still has the tags on it and has not been altered.

#19 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

Hey Guys!! Thank you so much for all of your advice and ideas.. I went shopping here in Calgary and ended up finding my dress in LESS than an hour!! lol  Thanks again!!!! I love this message board! :)

#20 JMikla

JMikla
                    • 189 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

That is awesome congratulations!! Post a pic in the "Show us your wedding dress" thread.  We would all love to see it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users