Photo

Colors Tradition

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

When I started planning my wedding, I had the hardest time choosing colors, so I just didn't.  We're not having a bridal party, so I didn't really think it would be a big deal.  I purchased a boarding pass invitation that was turquoise and black, because I really liked it.  Now I'm getting together gift bags and using the same monograms from my invitations (turquoise and black).  The only problem is...I chose an orange, yellow, and purple bouquet and the centerpieces contain magenta orchids (Sandals Beautiful Beginnings theme).

My question is....Is it really that big of deal to have everything match?  I really don't want to redesign my monogram to match my flower colors unless I really need to.  Help!

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#2 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

You're having a destination wedding --- which is already untraditional. So, I personally don't think you have to match everything. I'm not matching everything either. It's your wedding and do what makes you happy! All of my family and friends keep telling me that no one will really care about the details because everyone will be admiring and enjoying the beautiful destination!

#3 redginger

redginger
      • 360 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

I just noticed that your wedding is this July! I don't think you should add stress by trying to make changes with such little time.

#4 merrylee

merrylee
        • 687 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

I agree everything doesn't have to match.  I ended up with pink bridesmaid dresses because I am doing all shades of pink and black as my theme.  It's your day celebrate it your way.

#5 MDLady

MDLady
          • 433 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

It doesn't have to be matchy matchy.  Just because turquoise and black are your wedding colors doesn't mean that EVERYTHING has to be torquoise and black!  Don't stress about this at all.

#6 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

I totally agree! If you like the way it looks, it will look great together! Besides, you already said that there aren't BM, so it is not like any pics will clash or anything. I think it will all work out, and why stress about it? Just do what you love!

#7 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

We really haven't chosen colors either, and I wasn't planning on matching things.  I don't think you need to match everything.

#8 wilsonj2

wilsonj2
              • 191 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

Thanks guys!  You're making me feel a lot better....

Still haven't decided what to do, and I guess that will just depend on time. 

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#9 anichols8

anichols8
                • 232 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

I think some of the most beautiful weddings have had lots of color.  There are no rules that you have to follow!  Have fun!!

#10 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Nahh, you don't have to match at all! my colors are turquoise blie and white. and we ordered the BM dresses online, and one of the dresses came back a light blue, the others are turquoise.. and the dress company won't refund, so we are stuck with it..  Soo we had to adjust our theme to being different shades of blue.. i am not too worried, althought i was upset at first.. people have a point! those are just the little things that in the end, really don't matter!  It is your day! and no matter what it will be beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users