Photo

Mrstgun's Planning Updates (Pic Heavy - FINAL Planning Post - Page 65, Post 642)

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#51 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
  • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

hi ladies!  today's DIY projects are my luminaries...   i saw some incredible luminaries on marthastewartweddings.com and so i had to have them... i plan to purchase vellum and print these for use on our reception tables with the battery operated tea lights..here's a sample of the 'soon to be' finished project...enjoy! 

tablescape2.JPG

#52 coconutdiva

coconutdiva
    • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

i got married at iberostar too... this website best destination weddings is soooooooo Amazing too bad i found it after i got married lol.

#53 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

ok, fellow brides...i'm pretty serious when it comes to my planning AND i know that i won't be able to hand-hold the WC while i'm getting ready on my big day..so in order to ensure that my vision comes to life, i thought i'd do a mock up table setting that way i can show her what i want at the reception..my plan is to do one long table as we only have about 20 guests coming..so in order to have the reception feel 'very low' key and fun, i'm opting to do one long table..here's pics of the mock-up...(i found a way to incorporate my love of Scrabble, afterall)  enjoy!!!    R~

table mockup 1.jpgtable mockup 2.jpgtable mockup IV.JPGtable mockup IV.JPG

#54 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
        • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

table mockup V.JPG

#55 Samantha88k

Samantha88k
          • 244 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

This looks fantastic!!! I remember seeing those luminaries on the martha site too and I thought they were awesome!! Did you just follow her instructions?

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

ok, fellow brides...i'm pretty serious when it comes to my planning AND i know that i won't be able to hand-hold the WC while i'm getting ready on my big day..so in order to ensure that my vision comes to life, i thought i'd do a mock up table setting that way i can show her what i want at the reception..my plan is to do one long table as we only have about 20 guests coming..so in order to have the reception feel 'very low' key and fun, i'm opting to do one long table..here's pics of the mock-up...(i found a way to incorporate my love of Scrabble, afterall)  enjoy!!!    R~

table mockup 1.jpgtable mockup 2.jpgtable mockup IV.JPGtable mockup IV.JPG

#56 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
            • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

samantha..i had no luck downloading any of martha's stuff...besides the files are in adobe so i just used her version as inspiration for mine..i used the same stripes that appear on my pre-travel boarding passes as the stripes and printed them...it was pretty easy...

i plan to make more in varied heights...also some for round votives and if i can figure out how to do it..then some square..i guess with the square i'd have to fold them.  i'm thrilled with the simplicity of it and cost efficiency..who knew a table could look nice minus flowers...i'm pretty excited!  woo hoo!!! 

R~

#57 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
              • 594 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

Mrsfuture girl you are doing you thing! I now want to make reserved seating signs for myself, groom and our best man and maid of honor since they'll be sitting with us a sweetheart table. We plan to scatter the rest of the bridal party in the crowd. I realize I can also make reserved seating signs for the ceremony which is definitely a must especially with parents etc.

#58 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

thanks, islandgirl...i'm home today sick so i'm using this day to finish up projects and do mockup tablescapes...its been refreshing to check items off of my TO DO list...

the signs are really simple to make...if you need any help..just let me know.

good luck and happy planning!!!

R~

#59 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
                  • 176 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Wow! Great thread! You have so many beautiful things made! I can't wait to see pics from your actual wedding! You seem very organized and prepared! Love the pics, thanks for sharing! Look forward to even more.... :-)

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#60 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Where did you pick up your vellum paper?  Did you just print off your stripes from your printer at home?! They really look great!!!

Love your table and that you were able to incorporate your scrabble. What font did you use for your place cards on the plates? I like the loopiness!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users