At home reception

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Etiquette

Etiquette
  • Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

Etiquette is not to impose on others when you choose to have a destination wedding. The choice is yours…but you are giving up the right to all those gifts by choosing a venue that you know most people can not attend. And you NEVER invite someone to a reception and not the wedding, which is technically what you are doing because you already know they can not attend the wedding by choosing a far away venue that it too expensive for most to attend. 

Enjoy your day, have it all exactly as you want it. However, having a reception when you get home is just screaming for gifts. It's rude and selfish.

I have attended 4 receptions at home,(will not go to any more) after the destination wedding and you would be shocked to hear what your guests really think of you. They know they are only there because you want a gift from them.

If the gifts are that important to you, choose a venue they are able to attend.

#2 janette34

janette34
    • 417 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

I totally disagree!  For us an AHR is just an opportunity to get together with those who were not able to make due to whatever reason.  We are not expecting gifts, no registry and will make it very clear to everyone that gifts are not necessary.  An AHR will be opportunity for those who couldn't be at the wedding to see pictures, slideshows, etc. 

We are the ones who are spending the money hosting an AHR so essentially we are giving back to those who spent their money by attending our wedding, besides they aren't just going for our wedding, they are also getting a week's vacation too.

#3 KCB2011

KCB2011
      • 308 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Someone is on a path of rage today, multiple posts raging about the same topic?  Maybe this forum isn't the right sounding board for you.  Also, we are ONLY having an AHR because so many guests who couldn't attend the destination wedding requested it so to all of those brides who are having an AHR, I would ignore the name calling of somone who has ironically named themselves "Etiquette."

#4 JQLong

JQLong
        • 336 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

LOL!  I just noticed the same thing.

Originally Posted by KCB2011 

Someone is on a path of rage today, multiple posts raging about the same topic?  Maybe this forum isn't the right sounding board for you.  Also, we are ONLY having an AHR because so many guests who couldn't attend the destination wedding requested it so to all of those brides who are having an AHR, I would ignore the name calling of somone who has ironically named themselves "Etiquette."

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#5 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Well said ladies, I saw these posts earlier today and was not impressed! "Etiquette" is a "lurker" and when I noticed that it basically explained everything!!! Happy planning of DW and AHR to all my BDW BRIDES out there!!!!

#6 JQLong

JQLong
            • 336 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Exactly!  There is always one.....I tell you!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Well said ladies, I saw these posts earlier today and was not impressed! "Etiquette" is a "lurker" and when I noticed that it basically explained everything!!! Happy planning of DW and AHR to all my BDW BRIDES out there!!!!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#7 acireta

acireta
              • Site Supporter
              • 750 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Ick you are nasty. We have the same invite list for the wedding and for the AHR, specifying no gifts on invitations and our website. Trolls fit better on theknot. Go over there.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users