Photographer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CarlaN

CarlaN
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hi Everyone

We are getting married at the Barcelo Mayan Colonial this Feb 1 2012. Right now I am in the process of looking for a photographer. 

I have been looking at bringing one or should I get a local. The 2 local that are in our price range is Samual Luna and La Luna with Rachel both packages are the basic packages. So what to do? Like both of there work. Anyone elses work that I like, when I contact them about there services they want more than the local photographers plus you have to pay for travel. Which ends up being WAY more. 

#2 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Photographers prices usually reflect their experience,level of service,expenses,gear quality,final products,etc. I suggest you pick based on the images and then look at the price.

All the best!

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

Hey Carla welcome to the forum and congratulations on your engagement.  We also agree that photography stands on its own and that is the most important.  We have shot the Barcelo quite often and soon becoming our "home away from home" and have lots of work that you can take a peak at.

Here are some of the recent weddings we shot at the Barcelo:

http://www.facebook....842.18683524486

http://www.facebook....058.18683524486

http://www.facebook....636.18683524486

Good luck with the rest of your planning.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Another great tool on this website is the vender reviews.  Head over to http://www.bestdesti...er-videographer and see what other brides are saying about photographers down here in the Mayan.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

We chose a photographer based on their pictures but also their price.  There were other photographers we considered who had amazing pictures, but we just couldnt justify spending that kind of money, nor did it fit our tight budget.  We chose to get a local photographer as it ended up being much cheaper then bringing one from home.  If you do want to bring someone from home you can sometimes find another bride who will be there the same time and hire the same photographer then you can split the travel costs.  Otherwise, locally, just find someone whose pictures you love and fits your budget!

Originally Posted by CarlaN 

Hi Everyone

We are getting married at the Barcelo Mayan Colonial this Feb 1 2012. Right now I am in the process of looking for a photographer. 

I have been looking at bringing one or should I get a local. The 2 local that are in our price range is Samual Luna and La Luna with Rachel both packages are the basic packages. So what to do? Like both of there work. Anyone elses work that I like, when I contact them about there services they want more than the local photographers plus you have to pay for travel. Which ends up being WAY more. 

#6 krsmith

krsmith
          • 528 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

We ended up choosing Rachel with La Luna for our wedding day. I spent DAYS (maybe even weeks!) going through pictures and I just couldn't stop looking at La Luna and Del Sol's pictures. Nothing I saw even came close to their vision and expertise...I just kept going back to them. As much as I wanted Del Sol, price was definitely something we had to consider. If I had unlimited amounts of money, I would have gone with Matt and Sol from Del Sol, but my FI said he just couldn't spend the money for that + a TTD (which I KNEW I had to have). Ultimately it came down to the 3 from La Luna. I LOVED all of them! I had such a hard time choosing one. I actually ended up sending an email to all my close friends and family and taking a poll. As a special treat we are going to do a TTD with Matt! YAY! 

I can honestly say that so far, working with Melissa (who is the studio manager for both Del Sol and La Luna) has been the most stress free experience I have had to date with planning. She is so sweet and gets back to you within a day or so! She has even given me great tips and suggestions for other local vendors. 

I know I will get my money's worth with them, and I have not heard ONE single negative thing about them while browsing through all the reviews! I can't wait to actually meet them and have our pictures taken by them...they have a gift for making people look like MODELS!!! 

Good Luck!! :)

#7 CarlaN

CarlaN
            • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the feed back. :)

#8 MrsRobinson12

MrsRobinson12
              • 70 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I chose Lincoln with Moments that Matter Photography and I think it was an awesome choice! They have very decent prices for the amount of time they spend at your wedding, and their work is amazing! Also - great communication. I never have to wait more than a few hours to hear back from Lincoln. Good luck and happy planning :)

#9 Cancun Studios

Cancun Studios
                • Vendor
                • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hi Carla! Congrats on your up and coming wedding! There are a lot of great photographers in the area and I am sure you will find the perfect photographer to fit your needs and budget.

Also wanted to share a blog from some of our recent photos at the Barcelo Mayan Colonial. We had a great time with this couple. The hotel has amazing scenarios! http://cancunstudios...o-maya-colonial

Good luck on your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users