Sign in to follow this  
xtenna

How old is your baby/child & when do you get your alone "mommy me time"?

Hi,

My baby boy is 14 months.  He is running all over the place, he loves to say MAma Mama MAMA :)  I usually get my "me" time when he is sleeping of course, or when I am lucky enough to drop him off at Nanas.  We are very lucky to have 2 grandmas nearby who would love to be more hands on.  I am a stay at home mom...SAHM...I feel very lucky & stressed at the same time.

Christy

Hi, Christy!  My son is almost 10 months and the short answer is...almost never!  When my husband is home I can have me time and go do what I want but I usually just want to be home with them or go to Target lol 

I think lucky and stressed is a good assessment of life as a sahm.  It isn't easy but many working moms would love to be in your shoes.  Hang in there :)

Hey ladies!

The one thing I found is that you have to make time for yourself!  My daughter is 3 and I'll admit, I haven't done it as much as I should have.  But, my hubby is great about giving me time and telling me to go take a break!  It's hard for me, because when he's home, I want to spend time with them as a family, but I do recognize when I need a few hours to myself :)    Enjoy being a mom!

Hey Ladies, 

I make time when my DD is asleep to have some me time and browse the forums! I am so lucky to have family in the same house (different suites though) so if I need to run out I have someone around almost always.

My son is 11 months old. I get me time when I shower after daddy gets home most days, but thats about it. I don't have any grandparent help or anything.

My little guy is 14 mo...and yes, when he is sleeping!  I do work full time as well, so it gets so hard balancing everything!