Sign in to follow this  
~Melissa~

bestbridalprices.com review

I'm so glad that you posted this! I was just stressing myself out trying to figure out if I should chance ordering the dress that I want online. I went to the store, tried it on & then started my research. The store has the dress for $780 but they match & beat prices by 5% if you find the dress online for less. But all "Match" dresses are mail order only & you have to provide all of your measurments & know what size you want the dress ordered in as they will not do this for you. The one good thing is that they allow you to have the dress shipped to the store & then you can pick it up.

So I found the dress online for $616. After the 5% I'd be looking at about $585. Saving $200 bucks has me excited but I'm just sooo nervous that something will go wrong!!! Your post does comfort me but I'm still hesitant for some crazy reason!

That's awesome! We're going to get the BM dresses online because they are about $60 cheaper than at the bridal stores as well. I was worried but seems like most people have had good experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yboone98 View Post
I'm so glad that you posted this! I was just stressing myself out trying to figure out if I should chance ordering the dress that I want online. I went to the store, tried it on & then started my research. The store has the dress for $780 but they match & beat prices by 5% if you find the dress online for less. But all "Match" dresses are mail order only & you have to provide all of your measurments & know what size you want the dress ordered in as they will not do this for you. The one good thing is that they allow you to have the dress shipped to the store & then you can pick it up.
So I found the dress online for $616. After the 5% I'd be looking at about $585. Saving $200 bucks has me excited but I'm just sooo nervous that something will go wrong!!! Your post does comfort me but I'm still hesitant for some crazy reason!
Hey $200 is alot of money to me, especially since I've been pinching nickels the way I am. IMO I wanted a nice dress but it's hard to belive I will only wear this dress once (well twice for my TTD) and then put it away where it will never come out.

I'm glad I helped you out. Did you find your dress on the site or another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
That's awesome! We're going to get the BM dresses online because they are about $60 cheaper than at the bridal stores as well. I was worried but seems like most people have had good experiences!
as long as you do your research on the seller I think you will be fine. It also comforted me that the company had the BB logo at top which put me at ease. I always do a google search on reputable businesses to like "scam bestbridalprices.com" .... I'm crazy when it comes to research I go full out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post
as long as you do your research on the seller I think you will be fine. It also comforted me that the company had the BB logo at top which put me at ease. I always do a google search on reputable businesses to like "scam bestbridalprices.com" .... I'm crazy when it comes to research I go full out!
Yeah, I'm big on doing the research as well. I always check with the BBB to see about any unresolved complaints, because I don't believe all the Testimonials that companies can post on their website. I guess it's the former investigative reporter in me. he he. It's just smarter to be well-informed!

Trust me, you are not alone when it comes to pinching nickels! I'm sure that I'll find many other places to spend that extra $200, especially when it's time to do alterations.

I found the dress on www.houseofbrides.com. They seem to have lots of designers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post
Hey $200 is alot of money to me, especially since I've been pinching nickels the way I am. IMO I wanted a nice dress but it's hard to belive I will only wear this dress once (well twice for my TTD) and then put it away where it will never come out.

I'm glad I helped you out. Did you find your dress on the site or another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
You never answered the question WHERE ARE THE PICS!!! We want them now!!!
Julie I'm so so so soooo very sorry. I didnt take any pics, I didnt bring the camera with me sad.gif

I have pictures of me in the dress but they don't do the dress justice and I look HORRIBLE. Gross I can't even beleive I posted that pic somewhere on the forum haha.(so t's out there somewhere, maybe in the "show us your dress" thread).

I'd say definitely shop online but be careful to choose one that is legit.

I ordered a Maggie Sottero dress myself. The quotes from local bridal shops in TX were almost $1,100 before taxes. I did some shopping around online. Got a quote from bestbridalprices.com as well but it wasn't the lowest. I received a quote from afairytalweddingonline.com for $699 and got a quote from Lee Philip bridals for $694, no tax and $20 on shipping (including insurance). I then took the quote from Lee Philip Bridals to Chrissy O Bridals in NJ, she beat the price by 6% so my final price was $652 plus $20 shipping. I was able to verify from Maggie website that Chrissy O is an authorized MS retailer and have heard other brides ordering dresses from her so I knew it can be trusted.

Just want to share my dress shopping experience... Good luck to all!

I also was going to order from there... She was so nice, I spoke to her on the phone and she just couldn't get my dress to me fast enough... She tried to send me pics of all the dresses she had in, but of course my heart was already set...