Photo

Any ProActiv Brides out there???

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kya101

kya101
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

I've been doing a little research into ProActiv and was wondering if anyone else has or is using it??? Any advice, pros, cons, what not about this product??? I don't have bad acne, but ever since I had my son I have more break outs than ever and it's driving me crazy :(

#2 MVPHairMakeup

MVPHairMakeup
    • 91 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Hi kya101!

Proactive is a product that will deliver results but from what my clients tell me, it is a bit drying.  If your acne is not too bad try Aveeno products.  They are inexpensive and gentle.  Keep your hair off your face( wear it in a loose pony tail when you go to bed), wash your face morning and night, lower your intake of starchy foods and drink LOTS of water (it flushes out all those toxins).  

#3 kya101

kya101
      • 645 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for the info and tips. I do drink a ton a water now, but will definitely try the Aveeno products first.

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

I have tried pro active in the past but found it to be extremely drying.  I now use the clinique 3 step system with great results.

#5 kya101

kya101
        • 645 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the tip, I do think I'm going to try something else because I already have pretty dry sensitive skin. Where can you clinique from??? I may give that a try! Thanks again!!!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I have tried pro active in the past but found it to be extremely drying.  I now use the clinique 3 step system with great results.

#6 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

You can buy it at the Bay, Sears, and some Shoppers Drug Marts.  You can even buy it online through Sears.

#7 kya101

kya101
          • 645 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Perfect!!! Thanks so much!!!

#8 geminiwanderlust

geminiwanderlust
            • 88 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

I tried Proactiv for myself and didn't like the results.  It didn't help much at all and my skin was left kind of a weird texture after months of use.  Now I use a mild acne cleanser from Neutrogena with the clarisonic skin care brush (from sephora or ulta--i know it's kind of expensive, but so worth it) and have not had a breakout in months.   I've gotten more compliments on my skin than ever in my life.  I've always had horrible skin--blotchy, acne, acne scarring. 

#9 kya101

kya101
              • 645 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the tips, I'm glad I posted this because I totally changed  my mind about trying it. I'm going to the city in a few days and I plan on getting something there to try. Thanks again everyone for the awesome tips!!!

#10 jlarruda

jlarruda
                • 201 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

I think it depends.. my skin isn't that bad, but i've found that when I'm on it I have no issues with my skin.. I got to the point a couple of months where I started to see no difference so I stopped using it.. and as soon as I stopped using it my skin got irritated.. so I tried other things (Murad - sell at sephora) but it wasn't like Proactiv.. I figure since it works, why change it so I went back on Proactiv and I think its worth it.  My gets facials now and then and the lady who does them recommends Proactiv.. she says people don't use it long enough to see the results and stop to early.. ok now I feel like a Proactiv consultant haha.. but I don't buy directly from Proactiv, I felt like I paid more since they take out money monthly.. I just buy them from the Proactiv kiosks in the mall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users