Jump to content

Photo

Bridesmaid Jewelry.. bit of a happy problem? Need some feedback..


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
  • Jr. Member
  • 281 posts

    Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

    Hi BDW Brides!

     

    I love this site and especially the forums. Now, I have a little bit of a 'happy problem' I guess you could call it and I know all you creative ladies will have lots of good advice for me.

     

    I have read lots and lots of posts on what people are giving their bridesmaids or special guests and there are people getting some starfish jewelry from Kohl's (I live in Canada, no Kohl's here as far as I know) or even from Tiffany's (amazing idea, just not budget-friendly). I liked that idea! So I did a random search on eBay one day and after pages and pages of starfish pendants, found these really nice starfish pendants that came with a chain, and in my wedding color even (turquoise)! They were really pretty, not like the skinny type of starfish pendant you normally see, these ones were with swarvoski (sp?) crystals, etc. I fell in love with them. And they were $3.74! I asked the seller if he had 5 so I could put one in each of my bridesmaids oot bags, thinking it was going to be like a cheap sort of trinket/keepsake, I didn't think they'd want to wear it to the wedding or anything.

     

    Well I got them today. They are gorgeous.

     

    IMG_0831.JPG

     

    They are a nice size, and super nice quality, and I was expecting the chain to be a cheapie little easy-breaking chain but its NOT. It's not high quality but it's a strong little chain! I mean I would totally dig it if the girls wanted to wear these with their dresses (which we havent even picked out yet)! But I didn't want to be like picking their jewelry out for them... so what do I do?? Do I give it before the wedding?? If so, when? Should I just keep it in their OOT bags?

     

    Also, when the seller got back to me, he said he had EIGHT. So then I thought.. one for me(hehe).. five for the bridesmaids (including my MOH and my JR Bridesmaid),, and even two I could give the mother of the bride and mother of the groom! So I bought the lot of them for under 30 bucks and I am doing a mega happy dance because they really are gorgeous, I would have easily spent $20-$40 if I saw these in a store, honestly. I can link you guys to the ebay seller, they had tons more different pendants and different colors, I know there was starfish with clear crystals but I couldn't resist the aqua/turquoise ones.

     

    IMG_0832.JPG

     

    If I do give them before the wedding, should I give my mom and my future mother in law theirs too before the wedding? I figured they'd have their own outfit going on...

     

    What do I do? I found a great deal and now I don't know what to do with it! lol I mean.. if I had paid a lot of money for them, yes I would give them before the wedding in case they wanted to wear them to the wedding.. but because of the price I paid for them.. I feel kinda guilty? I don't know why.. if I can't find something to wear as a necklace I'll wear this! But then I guess it would be nice if we all wore them another time.. if I gave with the oot bag........................ ???

     

    See I'm back and forth here, that's why I need your guys' help. :)


    ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
    ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~


    #2 780chick

    780chick
    • Jr. Member
    • 263 posts

      Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

      Are you having a shower or get together with them before you go? I think giving them before would be nice and get them excited. I'd love the eBay link!

      #3 skp1

      skp1
      • Jr. Member
      • 405 posts

        Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

        Congrats on your great find!  I think if I had multiple wedding party members I would do the same - turquoise is my color too!  I'm also struggling with the "when."  I only have my sister as my MOH and I am giving her the Tiffany starfish.  On the one hand I want to tell her ahead of time so she can wear it at the wedding and not have to worry about buying something.  But on the other hand I don't want her to think she HAS to wear it for the wedding if she would prefer something else.  We live in different cities so we have been shopping separately - I've seen a picture of her dress but not the real thing so I really don't know what jewelry would look best.  Right now I'm leaving it in limbo and if she brings up the topic of jewelry I'll mention it but if not I think I will wait and give it to her at the rehearsal dinner like originally planned.


        Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married


        #4 deannamarie85

        deannamarie85
        • Jr. Member
        • 447 posts

          Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:54 PM



          Originally Posted by 780chick 

          Are you having a shower or get together with them before you go? I think giving them before would be nice and get them excited. I'd love the eBay link!


          great idea!



          #5 SummerDawn

          SummerDawn
          • Jr. Member
          • 324 posts

            Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:36 PM


            id love the ebay link too!
             

            Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

            Hi BDW Brides!

             

            I love this site and especially the forums. Now, I have a little bit of a 'happy problem' I guess you could call it and I know all you creative ladies will have lots of good advice for me.

             

            I have read lots and lots of posts on what people are giving their bridesmaids or special guests and there are people getting some starfish jewelry from Kohl's (I live in Canada, no Kohl's here as far as I know) or even from Tiffany's (amazing idea, just not budget-friendly). I liked that idea! So I did a random search on eBay one day and after pages and pages of starfish pendants, found these really nice starfish pendants that came with a chain, and in my wedding color even (turquoise)! They were really pretty, not like the skinny type of starfish pendant you normally see, these ones were with swarvoski (sp?) crystals, etc. I fell in love with them. And they were $3.74! I asked the seller if he had 5 so I could put one in each of my bridesmaids oot bags, thinking it was going to be like a cheap sort of trinket/keepsake, I didn't think they'd want to wear it to the wedding or anything.

             

            Well I got them today. They are gorgeous.

             

            IMG_0831.JPG

             

            They are a nice size, and super nice quality, and I was expecting the chain to be a cheapie little easy-breaking chain but its NOT. It's not high quality but it's a strong little chain! I mean I would totally dig it if the girls wanted to wear these with their dresses (which we havent even picked out yet)! But I didn't want to be like picking their jewelry out for them... so what do I do?? Do I give it before the wedding?? If so, when? Should I just keep it in their OOT bags?

             

            Also, when the seller got back to me, he said he had EIGHT. So then I thought.. one for me(hehe).. five for the bridesmaids (including my MOH and my JR Bridesmaid),, and even two I could give the mother of the bride and mother of the groom! So I bought the lot of them for under 30 bucks and I am doing a mega happy dance because they really are gorgeous, I would have easily spent $20-$40 if I saw these in a store, honestly. I can link you guys to the ebay seller, they had tons more different pendants and different colors, I know there was starfish with clear crystals but I couldn't resist the aqua/turquoise ones.

             

            IMG_0832.JPG

             

            If I do give them before the wedding, should I give my mom and my future mother in law theirs too before the wedding? I figured they'd have their own outfit going on...

             

            What do I do? I found a great deal and now I don't know what to do with it! lol I mean.. if I had paid a lot of money for them, yes I would give them before the wedding in case they wanted to wear them to the wedding.. but because of the price I paid for them.. I feel kinda guilty? I don't know why.. if I can't find something to wear as a necklace I'll wear this! But then I guess it would be nice if we all wore them another time.. if I gave with the oot bag........................ ???

             

            See I'm back and forth here, that's why I need your guys' help. :)



             



            #6 JayKay

            JayKay
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

            Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

            Those are beautiful necklaces! I'd love the eBay link as well! I think once you get your dress you can see if they will work as the jewelry and then you can decided. Either way its one heck of a deal!!



            #7 britb618

            britb618
            • Site Supporter
            • 111 posts

              Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

              I'd love the ebay link! Also ladies check out milanoo.com. Great jewelry sets for under 30 bucks!

               



              #8 DramaticAnnie

              DramaticAnnie
              • Jr. Member
              • 281 posts

                Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

                No problem re: the ebay link, sorry I haven't been on in a couple days, had a mega busy week/weekend.

                 

                I think I will wait and see what the dresses are like, good idea. Then I'll figure it out from there :D thanks guys

                 

                The ebay seller is faship and the link to their store is http://stores.ebay.c...sid=p4340.l2563

                 

                 

                 


                ~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~


                #9 JayKay

                JayKay
                • Sr. Member
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

                Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:09 PM


                Thanks so much for the link!
                 

                Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

                No problem re: the ebay link, sorry I haven't been on in a couple days, had a mega busy week/weekend.

                 

                I think I will wait and see what the dresses are like, good idea. Then I'll figure it out from there :D thanks guys

                 

                The ebay seller is faship and the link to their store is http://stores.ebay.c...sid=p4340.l2563

                 

                 

                 



                 



                #10 Peach

                Peach
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,293 posts

                  Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

                  What a fabulous deal you got!






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users